GWT: EPL Week 32

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Like when Watford lost 4-0 to us? Or Bournemouth losing 3-0? Arsenal 5-1?

I really don't know where you're coming from with this ****. It sounds like you're having a breakdown because winning a title is hard.
Breakdown my rear end. The Bournemouth match especially proves my point. The first half of the Watford game too.

There is nothing for me to be breaking down about. Liverpool need to run the table to have a chance. City are going to be City. I'm taking it one game at a time and calling it like I see it

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Like when Watford lost 4-0 to us? Or Bournemouth losing 3-0? Arsenal 5-1?

I really don't know where you're coming from with this ****. It sounds like you're having a breakdown because winning a title is hard.
Or Rafa resting Rondon vs. Liverpool earlier this season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Or Rafa resting Rondon vs. Liverpool earlier this season.

There are multiple teams that are literally going to try to give it to us. If Wolves win the FA Cup semifinal, them and Newcastle both. Wolves will not play a single starting player against Liverpool if they win that game. Benitez speaks for itself. You think he wants us to lose the league? Does he f***. He may sabotage that game from the off.

Imagine being in a title race and not enjoying it because the other team is getting to play the 18th placed team in April and our team gets to play the 18th and 20th placed team with four and three games left in the season. Liverpool has the strong possibility of having the easiest last four games in the history of football. I can't imagine it.

I'm not saying that means they'll win the league, but seriously. Every other time in recent memory Liverpool came close to winning the league, it turned out that they had the hard games while the other team had easier matches. Every time the team with the easier matches beat us no matter how well we played along the way, it turned out that it was impossible for Liverpool to beat all those good teams and win all those tough away games against lesser opponents. The Brighton match is the only really easy game City has left, they will have to suffer to win the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassano

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Teams treat City differently than they do Liverpool. City have earned that though, but let's not pretend it doesn't happen.

No they don’t. City is just a good team and can beat bad teams easily. Your just whining about how City can beat any team in the league. But guess what so can you guys.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No they don’t. City is just a good team and can beat bad teams easily. Your just whining about how City can beat any team in the league. But guess what so can you guys.
City is absolutely a good team. They are also built to destroy teams that play for 0 0, which is what about 2/3 to 3/4 of the teams they play do against them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
City is absolutely a good team. They are also built to destroy teams that play for 0 0, which is what about 2/3 to 3/4 of the teams they play do against them.
This is true.

That said most of those same teams also play for a draw against Liverpool. The difference is that City is much better built and structured to beat teams that play defensively/negatively, and Liverpool have typically had a bit more trouble with breaking those teams down (thus leaving them more susceptible to smash and grab). That's largely where titles are won, by being the team that can most consistently beat the teams that you're supposed to beat. This isn't a conspiracy.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mostly because you’ve shown no evidence, but more importantly, that’s good for Liverpool because pool occasionally struggles to beat parked teams and is really good countering bad teams.
I think @YNWA14 hit the nail on the head in the above post. After work maybe I will put together number of shots LFC face vs number of shots City face. I think that's a good indicator.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think @YNWA14 hit the nail on the head in the above post. After work maybe I will put together number of shots LFC face vs number of shots City face. I think that's a good indicator.

So most of not all of the bottom 14 line up for the draw vs Liverpool & City, but because City is built to better exploit that gameplan, this is somehow unfair? Or worthy of complaining?

Teams should play to Liverpool’s advantage because you feel that they play to Citys advantage?

This is the most ridiculous argument by a Liverpool fan here, which is an incredibly high bar.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So most of not all of the bottom 14 line up for the draw vs Liverpool & City, but because City is built to better exploit that gameplan, this is somehow unfair? Or worthy of complaining?

Teams should play to Liverpool’s advantage because you feel that they play to Citys advantage?

This is the most ridiculous argument by a Liverpool fan here, which is an incredibly high bar.
I don't think it's unfair or "complaining", I'm stating facts. I don't feel teams should play to an advantage, but I think teams are afraid of City more than they are afraid of Liverpool, which I stated that City have earned. I don't think this is controversial.

Liverpool have faced 257 shots this year, 85 of which in 2019. In that same period, City have faced 189 shots this year, 48 of which in 2019. Its a huge difference, especially since the calendar turned.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't think it's unfair or "complaining", I'm stating facts. I don't feel teams should play to an advantage, but I think teams are afraid of City more than they are afraid of Liverpool, which I stated that City have earned. I don't think this is controversial.

Liverpool have faced 257 shots this year, 85 of which in 2019. In that same period, City have faced 189 shots this year, 48 of which in 2019. Its a huge difference, especially since the calendar turned.

You started this with these three posts:

High pressure vs Cardiff my rear end City hasnt played a real game since February
Watch the City games.
It's to me. It was outrageous of me to suggest teams don't show up to play City because they are more worried about damage limitation than giving an honest effort.

Teams haven't treated City significantly different than they do Liverpool, City is just better at dealing with lower teams in a routine basis.

The reason City has faced fewer shots isn't because teams chose not to play, it's because they're an incredibly dominant possession team and, more than maybe anything, they're built to dismantle lower tier clubs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You started this with these three posts:

Teams haven't treated City significantly different than they do Liverpool, City is just better at dealing with lower teams in a routine basis.

The reason City has faced fewer shots isn't because teams chose not to play, it's because they're an incredibly dominant possession team and, more than maybe anything, they're built to dismantle lower tier clubs.
City haven't played a real game since February. I stand by that. The only game where they faced double digit shots in 2019 was the 6-0 against Chelsea during the stretch where Chelsea wasn't trying to hide that they were trying to get Sarri fired.

Of course City is a great possession team. No one said they weren't but again, I stand by watching the games. Plenty of those games the opposition treating the ball like a grenade and didn't want to play it past the halfway line. That's not an effective gameplan for a team that wants to try. Yes its possession but it helps when the team is afraid of you. It's almost like chicken or the egg - great possession or team that doesn't want the ball.

And yes its damage limitation, so I stand by all of it. These aren't offensive or controversial remarks by any metric. Also I said that City have earned that, but no one seems to be quoting that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So you're saying it's unfair that Man City is built better? Or that Man City prevents shots?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think some of the idea that teams are going to lay down, with nothing to play for against Liverpool is silly.

Sure, being on the beach is a thing, and some of the players will be more worried about their next move, but some are also going to want to be spoilers, whether that's against Liverpool or Man City.

Some also have to consider that they might need to find a move next year, and if they just take a match off against Liverpool, it won't look great on the highlight reel. Whereas, bang in a worldy, and who knows, maybe someone is watching one of the bigger matches because that's the downfall of Liverpool.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think some of the idea that teams are going to lay down, with nothing to play for against Liverpool is silly.

Sure, being on the beach is a thing, and some of the players will be more worried about their next move, but some are also going to want to be spoilers, whether that's against Liverpool or Man City.

Some also have to consider that they might need to find a move next year, and if they just take a match off against Liverpool, it won't look great on the highlight reel. Whereas, bang in a worldy, and who knows, maybe someone is watching one of the bigger matches because that's the downfall of Liverpool.
Okay, fair, but would you rather be playing those guys or would you rather be playing ManU/Spurs who are pushing for CL?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Shot indicator is now a method in judging if a team played a real game? Damn lol.

I honestly wonder what this place would be like if LFC does end up losing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So you're saying it's unfair that Man City is built better? Or that Man City prevents shots?
I don't think fair is ever the right word when it comes to City with their financial advantage and cheating FFP, but that aside, no I don't think its unfair, it's just what happens. I'm not saying they aren't built better, City is the best team money can buy.

City prevents shots, but teams also refuse to take them. Sure City effects this, but to repeat myself, a lot of this is because teams dont consistently try to attack them. Again not controversial.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shot indicator is now a method in judging if a team played a real game? Damn lol.

I honestly wonder what this place would be like if LFC does end up losing.
I mean it's an indicator if a team is being attacked or not. A clear one in fact.

If Liverpool finishes 2nd the only thing I am looking at is the leads they blew in Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham games; and the ref error in the Arsenal game that disallowed the Mane goal

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Okay, fair, but would you rather be playing those guys or would you rather be playing ManU/Spurs who are pushing for CL?
It's not really a matter of "rather", it's a matter on if City drop points. I think Liverpool needs to run the table though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Epl fans crying over being at a financial disadvantage this is so horribly ironic and accusation of cheating LOL. Remind what team was forced into an apology? Remind me who broke the record signing for keepers and defenders?

Some of you really need to get a hold of yourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad