Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Salah was bad. Klopp's subs were worse.

Klopp's away decision making has been atrocious

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Need three points and Keita and Shaqiri stay on the bench in favor of James Milner and Adam Lallana. There’s obviously some rationale but I just don’t know what that could possibly be.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
City had like 96% possession in those games.

Big difference between ugly wins and straight up getting outplayed.
Straight up outplayed? You must just be watching the box scores.

Liverpool didn’t finish well in any of the last few they’ve dropped points, but other than at times in the United match, they’ve not been outplayed. Heck, they’ve still been keeping clean sheets. Everton had energy and some chances, but so did Liverpool.

They’ve not been good enough, I’m first to say that, but it might be more to the mean than falling apart or getting outplayed.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Liverpool’s 74% pass success rate the worst they’ve had this season.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Straight up outplayed? You must just be watching the box scores.

Liverpool didn’t finish well in any of the last few they’ve dropped points, but other than at times in the United match, they’ve not been outplayed. Heck, they’ve still been keeping clean sheets. Everton had energy and some chances, but so did Liverpool.

They’ve not been good enough, I’m first to say that, but it might be more to the mean than falling apart or getting outplayed.
I’m in the camp that thinks this is Liverpool regressing to the mean. It’s just even more terrible optically because City is top.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm in the camp that Klopp is being an idiot and not putting the right players in the game for stupid reasons.

In any case, Liverpool and City weren't going to win every match the rest of the season. We'll see what happens next.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Liverpool is a wet fart.

Maybe the most boring team in the Prem right now.
They’re not that boring but its night and day regarding this pool team now vs their form in 2018. Not even close to how composed and dynamic they were in the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Machinehead

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Honestly if i'm a Liverpool fan a draw in this fixture does not drive my panic forward. Going to Goodison park is always going to be tough for pool. Everton always puts all they are into the game and they showed that again today. Many great tackles and blocks from Everton and they overall were putting in a ton of enrgy to frustrate Liverpool.

If this was a 0-0 away at Cardiff than yeah I would be panicked.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Honestly if i'm a Liverpool fan a draw in this fixture does not drive my panic forward. Going to Goodison park is always going to be tough for pool. Everton always puts all they are into the game and they showed that again today. Many great tackles and blocks from Everton and they overall were putting in a ton of enrgy to frustrate Liverpool.

If this was a 0-0 away at Cardiff than yeah I would be panicked.
It isn't the draw persay, but the way they are playing. I think this was their most difficult match left, with Spurs and Chelsea at Anfield. Neither city or them were going to win out. But this just makes it that much harder. No panic from me, but they need to play better.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chill. City are gonna drop points at OT or vs. Spurs.
I'm sure City will drop points, that's not the issue.

Let's say City drop points 3 times. I think that would be a miracle, but let's just say.

Liverpool are looking at winning 8 out of 10 in that scenario to win the league. The way they're going, I don't see Liverpool winning 8 out of 50.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Just protecting his players I have been told.

Maybe he needs to figure out how to protect his players from the wind.

And just saw that Leicester let Vardy play while suffering a concussion. They really need to get with the times and treat concussions seriously.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, the substitutions were weird. Not the first time that’s been a question with Klopp.

Shaqiri has fallen off the face of the earth though
Klopp has reverted to his relying on the old guard strategy, which has cost Liverpool mightily. I'm done with all these Rodgers players. Milner is absolutely finished. Henderson should not be starting. Lallana should not be playing.

Mane in the center worked against Watford because it surprised them. Everton were ready for it, and I don't think Mane touched the ball.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Major transfer news after today's matches:

• Brendan Rodgers has identified Deulofeu as his #1 transfer target.
  • Solskjaer has told Woodward to get a Sanchez-Deulofeu swap done.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Good to see Everton at least have enough pride to get a result against Liverpool. Still a bunch of underachievers though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad