GWT: EPL week 29

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
One game doesn't give Can a pass. Henderson should come in and Wijnaldum has to play. If anyone sits for Can it should be Lallana who I've found, while he's done a lot of running, kind of really lacking in any kind of substance of late.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
One game doesn't give Can a pass. Henderson should come in and Wijnaldum has to play. If anyone sits for Can it should be Lallana who I've found, while he's done a lot of running, kind of really lacking in any kind of substance of late.

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard on the NBC Sports broadcast that Lallana has no goals or assists in 2017.

I've also heard that Can insists on playing in Henderson's spot. Which he might have the chance to do next year because hopefully they'll have more fixtures. But Henderson should always start over Can.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard on the NBC Sports broadcast that Lallana has no goals or assists in 2017.

I've also heard that Can insists on playing in Henderson's spot. Which he might have the chance to do next year because hopefully they'll have more fixtures. But Henderson should always start over Can.

I don't believe that Can is insisting on playing in Henderson's spot. I do believe that's where his best spot is though, and I do believe it is Klopp's prerogative to play players in their best positions if possible.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

To be honest I was expecting much worse from them.

Not that I completely agree with the list, but I agree that players like Gueye, Romeu, Allen, Sigurdsson, Evans, Matip, Moses, Valencia, Wanyama, Mane, Rose and Herrera deserve some credit for the way they have been performing this season. With the exception of Mane and Valencia none of the others would normally been mentioned among the top 40 before the season (even if Rose has been trending well for some time and Sigurdsson always has been solid for Swansea).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It helps to recognize what the list is and how it values players. Consistency is the biggest thing for how they put the list together which is why a guy like Ibra is so low ranked despite being near the top of the league in goals. He's had good games and bad games.

A guy like Herrera who doesn't generally make eye popping plays but just plays consistent and solid will be ranked very well. It's also why Kante is at the top of the list. He's not the best player on the pitch in many games, but he virtually never has a bad game. He plays at an incredibly high level game in and game out, and is almost always in the top 2-3 of a given match.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
xxxxx - Luiz (25) - Azpilicueta (17)
Alonso (35) - xxxxx - Kante (1) - Moses (20)
Pedro (15) - Costa (2) - Hazard (3)

So 8 out of 10 Chelsea players are top 35 :laugh:

Anyway. If I made a similar list I guess most would disagree with mine as well. Ridiculous "big club" bias though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well, if your are making a yearly power ranking, the team out in front is naturally going to have a lot of players in the top whatever number you pick. That being said, I'm not sure why anyone goes on Bleacher Report in the first place.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sure, but you don't think 8 out of 10 is a bit much? Not even top 40, but top 35.

Just lazy if you ask me.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Well, if your are making a yearly power ranking, the team out in front is naturally going to have a lot of players in the top whatever number you pick. That being said, I'm not sure why anyone goes on Bleacher Report in the first place.

Because I found it on Reddit, where we collectively kinda mocked it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sure, but you don't think 8 out of 10 is a bit much? Not even top 40, but top 35.

Just lazy if you ask me.

Tottenham has 9 in the top 40 and 7 in the top 30.

Bleacher Report is just a bunch of glorified bloggers, I'd only expect laziness.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Right. Just makes it worse. Not sure what your point is.

My point is Bleacher Report sucks, like I've said in all my posts on the subject. They are just glorified bloggers with no real "expert" opinion, so who cares what they put out there.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sure the list doesn't really mean anything, but when you actually read the criteria they used the picks they made make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->