GWT: EPL Week 27 - The Bantering

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The loss really doesn’t hurt spurs. They’re still 10 up on 5th place and they weren’t realistically in the title race anyway.

Huge for Burnley they, they were only 3 clear of relegation

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
What was Poch so upset about? Did Mike Dean really say something to him?

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Dean being a drama queen as usual. Wonder what he actually said to make the Spurs assistant go ballistic like that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Always an extreme long shot to be involved in the title race, but can´t be other than disappointed with that performance. How many chances did Spurs create? Can´t really say it was completely undeserved that Burnley won. Obviously Burnley will never control the game, but they created more chances than Spurs. Draw might have been "fair", but if one team should win it it was Burnley.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The loss really doesn’t hurt spurs. They’re still 10 up on 5th place and they weren’t realistically in the title race anyway.

I am very glad Liverpool don't have to go to Turf Moor for the reverse fixture

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
From what I understand Dean said something stupid after the game and Poch really took offense to that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

They're playing at Stamford Bridge, Etihad and Anfield. That is 1-2 points at most.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They're playing at Stamford Bridge, Etihad and Anfield. That is 1-2 points at most.

Yea and Chelsea and Arsenal both play United, and United hosts Liverpool tomorrow and City near the end of the season. So there’s some dropped point there.

Spurs will have to lose at least one more, and likely 2, more games against lower opposition to put top 4 in real jeopardy. And that’s assuming Chelsea and Arsenal break out of their dunks and United keeps going, none of which are guaranteed.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Huddersfield is under siege by Newcastle. Dont know it got to half scoreless

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Okay, 2 goals in the first 6 minutes for Newcastle. Nothing less than they deserved

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
And Bournemouth gets one back immediately. Oustside the box though?

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Wow, Palace winning by 3 is their biggest ever PL win

I was surprised to read that fact, but when I considered how little time they've spent in the league, how few players of authentic attacking quality they've fielded during the EPL era, and how conservative a set of managerial appointments they've made, then it became easier to digest.

Leicester's players are evidently trying to pull off the old trick of gaining too many points to suffer relegation, but not enough to give their manager a hope of returning next season.

Reactions: les Habs

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I was surprised to read that fact, but when I considered how little time they've spent in the league, how few players of authentic attacking quality they've fielded during the EPL era, and how conservative a set of managerial appointments they've made, then it became easier to digest.

Leicester's players are evidently trying to pull off the old trick of gaining too many points to suffer relegation, but not enough to give their manager a hope of returning next season.

Nail on the head - they want Puel gone badly, so do the fans.

Reactions: les Habs

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
From what I understand Dean said something stupid after the game and Poch really took offense to that.

Is there any actual evidence of this or is it just conjecture at this point? I'm not saying Poch doesn't deserve it but he's really getting the benefit of the doubt the way more other big manager would.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Is there any actual evidence of this or is it just conjecture at this point? I'm not saying Poch doesn't deserve it but he's really getting the benefit of the doubt the way more other big manager would.

Poch gets the benefit of the doubt because he's generally a total gentleman , (seriously, if you don't like Poch - you have a problem) and Mike Dean is a grade A wanker.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm starting to feel quite nervous about Brighton staying up.... Everyone seems to be taking steps forward in the bottom half of the table and we are stagnant!

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You got to wonder what is wrong with him? Not that he has had great results with Leicester and Southampton, but seems a bit strange that he keeps on getting sacked.

Not that I watch Leicester every week, but the times I have seen them they have looked decent. Looked like a team that has taken less points than they deserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad