GWT: EPL - Matchweek 15

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Who would have thought? Manchester United disfunctional team with a manager who have been questioned is now on par in points with the greatest manager to ever manage in the EPL in his first two months.

Most manager of month awards, who gets fired the same season?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The hate is ridiculous.Nobody predicted Spurs to be where they are NOW.
Yet they play nice football and are killed by injuries.

Ange deserved all his awards (though I'm sure he doesn't care) and hopefully Spurs get healthy soon so that they can come back on track.
Yeah, I see zero Spurs supporters blaming Ange for their current form, despite what others seem to think.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Ange deserved all his awards (though I'm sure he doesn't care) and hopefully Spurs get healthy soon so that they can come back on track.
True. Most people had them ahead of Aston Villa.

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The hate is clearly schadenfreude for the wall-to-wall Ange-fest these first few weeks, where every time the guy tied his shoelaces we needed to hear how refreshing and revolutionary it was.
“Awwwww he said Mate again”

• Haha
Reactions: maclean

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Spurs running out of gas. Too many players missing and others not fitting the system.

I really wouldn’t say much as a United supporter but then again, many of that lot aren’t known for being the most introspective.
If you notice, most of us United supporters on here haven’t said anything. We fully recognize we’ve been an absolute dumpster fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Every teams in the top 9 are very close. One bad results and it could change fast.

Many teams have injuries not just Spurs actually the most ravaged team by injury is probably Newcastle and they not far either from them.

I think everybody like the positive game that Spurs play but IMO the media/fanbase lost the plot when they praised him for a playing a ridiculously high line against Chelsea, which was bonker to me. Chelsea were very poor at finishing their chances and eventually scored taps in. That was not a masterclass it was awful team management.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
To be fair, I think much of the hype should be with Emery, and we know how he turned out at a couple stops.

I think Spurs being good is good for the EPL. I hope it works out.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs running out of gas. Too many players missing and others not fitting the system.

I really wouldn’t say much as a United supporter but then again, many of that lot aren’t known for being the most introspective.

They dominated and lost because of a lucky bounce and lack of finishing

74% possession to 26%
Field tilt 85% to 15%
23 goal attemts to 11
7 shots to 5
774 passes to 236

I mean.....that's running out gas ?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Screenshot_20231207_230105.jpg

Such 'domination' from Spurs :laugh:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They dominated and lost because of a lucky bounce and lack of finishing

74% possession to 26%
Field tilt 85% to 15%
23 goal attemts to 11
7 shots to 5
774 passes to 236

I mean.....that's running out gas ?
I don’t think this singular match is why I said running out of gas. I think the last few weeks, the extra gear to get the winner hasn’t been there. They’re also hitting injuries which show lack of depth, which I think is more due to the inability to get the results wanted.

They’re putting in a ton of effort, but some matches have felt that they’re just not able to get over the line.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This might have been the matchweek where the relegation battle is settled in the sense that the clubs who are bottom 3 now have a really high chance of never getting out of the bottom 3 again.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This might have been the matchweek where the relegation battle is settled in the sense that the clubs who are bottom 3 now have a really high chance of never getting out of the bottom 3 again.
Pending Everton's next points deduction. I'm still pulling hard for them to go down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad