GWT: EPL Matchday 26

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Brendan Rodgers squad has already been proven to be unable to beat relegation fodder.

That is the problem with this club. If you think anyone could win consistently with these players I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

So you are saying Klopp is no better at maximizing his talent than Rodgers is?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
While I did state before how I have my doubts about Klopps ability you still have to give the guy time to adjust. I don't he's as good as he was hyped to be but that's because of his tactics not the recent results. X's and O's wise he's just not that shrewd.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
While I did state before how I have my doubts about Klopps ability you still have to give the guy time to adjust. I don't he's as good as he was hyped to be but that's because of his tactics not the recent results. X's and O's wise he's just not that shrewd.

yeah he is

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I think he's just very one dimensional in his tactics. Which can work against him as we've seen. I think like LITN said some of the players Liverpool have just aren't good enough, especially defensively, and there's only so much a manager can do. They have good attacking talent but you can't just rely on attacking to win you a championship, and whether that's on Klopp or the board(probably both) is another issue. It'll be interesting how the next 6 months or so play out for them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm saying some of these players you can't make any good.

Then Klopp should have turned them over more quickly like he did at Dortmund. Klopp hmdaid he could win with this squad and he can't beat the relegation teams. Why should Klopp be infallible here?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think he's just very one dimensional in his tactics. Which can work against him as we've seen. I think like LITN said some of the players Liverpool have just aren't good enough, especially defensively, and there's only so much a manager can do. They have good attacking talent but you can't just rely on attacking to win you a championship, and whether that's on Klopp or the board(probably both) is another issue. It'll be interesting how the next 6 months or so play out for them.

Quite frankly I am disgusted with the club, Klopp and FSG here. It's embarrassing how the season has gone since January and most of it is self inflicted.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Quite frankly I am disgusted with the club, Klopp and FSG here. It's embarrassing how the season has gone since January and most of it is self inflicted.

Does Klopp get any say on transfers or do they still have the board do transfers like with Rodgers(I believe that's how it was at least)? Because there's no way you guys should have gone through January without getting at least 1 player. I mean I appreciate it though, it's helping United out at the minute :D

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Does Klopp get any say on transfers or do they still have the board do transfers like with Rodgers(I believe that's how it was at least)? Because there's no way you guys should have gone through January without getting at least 1 player. I mean I appreciate it though, it's helping United out at the minute :D

Klopp has big say on transfers. Final say according to some sources. He would rather find a bargain than a player to improve the team. He had the chance to sign Draxler in January but wouldn't match PSG's wages to seal the deal and then alluded to it being the fault of the Draxler team for being greedy for not taking a pay cut to play for Liverpool compared to what PSG was offering.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Klopp has big say on transfers. Final say according to some sources. He would rather find a bargain than a player to improve the team. He had the chance to sign Draxler in January but wouldn't match PSG's wages to seal the deal and then alluded to it being the fault of the Draxler team for being greedy for not taking a pay cut to play for Liverpool compared to what PSG was offering.

I know he's a good manager for getting certain players to play above their usual level of talent, but yeah you gotta spend the $$$ on players if you have ambitions for the CL or title. I mean Promes was linked to you guys a lot, any clue what happened there? Seems like he would've been great squad depth for you guys.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Half those years he was managing second division football but ok

Then Klopp should have turned them over more quickly like he did at Dortmund. Klopp hmdaid he could win with this squad and he can't beat the relegation teams. Why should Klopp be infallible here?

He didn't at Dortmund. None of Dortmund's best sales were Klopp's idea. He also had some really bad ideas (Immobile, wanted to quickly re-sell Auba to Roma). A lot of very good managers aren't good on the transfer market. Relying on him in that area is a mistake, even if it was a promise Liverpool had to make to sign him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Klopp claims to have say over transfers but nobody really knows. I find it hard to believe a manager would want a 16 player squad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp's first summer at Dortmund featured 30 transfers. He is not afraid to turn the squad over. He just wants to do it on his terms. That being said the rules are different at Liverpool. It's harder to find the bargains that he prides himself on getting.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Klopp's first summer at Dortmund featured 30 transfers. He is not afraid to turn the squad over. He just wants to do it on his terms. That being said the rules are different at Liverpool. It's harder to find the bargains that he prides himself on getting.

Again, Klopp didn't make the transfers, apart from Subotic, who followed him from Mainz.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This team is terrible, and it is too bad because they started so well.

I find it hard to believe that any Liverpool fan can actually defend this decision considering what happened. They shouldn't have let Sakho leave without bringing in a player like van Dijk. There's no question that Liverpool have the money for that as well. They simply refuse to spend it.

This is much worse than the title collapse. That was just two bad performances after a ton of heroic ones.

This on the other hand is two months of garbage that destroyed our chances in three competitions. Everyone could see it coming too, the warning signs were there. They did absolutely nothing about it, it's infuriating. It's only Klopp's first full season, so he needs to wise up. The squad doesn't have anywhere near enough quality players. We're at a point when if anyone gets hurt we get hammered. We'd have still lost if Sakho was at the club, but the point is that Lucas should NEVER play CB for Liverpool and should NEVER play for Liverpool again.

This was obvious after the Bournemouth game, and that was with Klavan fit. 6th place again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Again, Klopp didn't make the transfers, apart from Subotic, who followed him from Mainz.

That's fine, but that isn't the point that I'm making.

I'm saying that if Klopp didn't think the squad was good enough he wouldn't stand in the way of turning it over in a single window.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Not sure you can really fault Klopp. Liverpool's squad isn't better than Chelsea's, City's, Arsenal's, United's, or Tottenham's. Leaves them in the position that they are in the standings. They are where they should be.

Liverpool fans just have insane expectations. Year after year. They'll need another Suarez to finish in the top 4. Manager's don't have as huge of an influence as people seem to think. The more high profile managers are usually given massive transfer budgets which give their ability a huge, usually, undeserved bump. Ala Jose Mourinho.

Give Mourinho Everton, do they finish in the top 4? Win anything? Nope.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not sure you can really fault Klopp. Liverpool's squad isn't better than Chelsea's, City's, Arsenal's, United's, or Tottenham's. Leaves them in the position that they are in the standings. They are where they should be.

Yes you can blame Klopp big time if what he himself said is true.

He decides who's in and who's out... He said himself he would rather get a player he wants instead of a patch. He apparently had €100M to spend since he joined but he decided to clean the house..without any reinforcement with a positive net transfer.The depth is laughable and the system is getting exposed since the beginning of the year. Not to mention that he asked special treatment to his players with training in spain and such. No players rotation and the same weakest point since he joined are still there. (Defense and goaltender)

He will still have another year but the downfall of Liverpool is on him.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Even if a lot of people don't rate Sakho highly, he has to be a better option than Lucas surely?

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm

oR4YQet.jpg

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Don't think it's a Klopp problem entirely.

Rodgers has already come out and said he tried to buy van Dijk from Celtic but the scouts wouldn't sign off. There was also Dele Alli; and I am sure countless others where the board or whoever, chooses to be indecisive and bigger financial clubs swoop in when the player's stock rises.

There is just an overall failure in how this club runs its transfer business. Makes you really appreciate clubs like Monaco and Atletico Madrid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad