GWT: EPL Matchday 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Even if I can be critical over Spurs summer transfer window for many reasons, Wanyama makes up for it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think today is a perfect example for all the people who still defend Wenger. Chelsea came in with majority of the same players last season and are going to win the EPL. Wenger has had the same team for a longer time and hasn't won **** in a decade. Except if you're an Arsenal fan who enjoys FA Cup wins.

But I don't care for losses anymore, as a Gunner, a win brings us closer to the title and every loss hopefully brings us one closer to Wengers retirement. It's meh, I honestly don't care about losing Sanchez or Özil if that means we bring in a new direction. The team hasn't won jack **** with them anyway.

But Chelsea pretty much proving they're still scum of th universe. So yeah nothing new was learned after today.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
This might be my favourite stat/trivia of the day.

Jack Rodwell started for Sunderland today who won.

Its the first time in 1,370 days that Rodwell started Premier Leauge game that his team won. Three years, eight months and 29 days between wins as a starter.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
This might be my favourite stat/trivia of the day.

Jack Rodwell started for Sunderland today who won.

Its the first time in 1,370 days that Rodwell started Premier Leauge game that his team won. Three years, eight months and 29 days between wins as a starter.

#godwell

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Not too impressive play at the end by Spurs but they managed to pull through. Kane was incredibly off.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Yeah, what we need is a Chelsea trash of a season being in 13th to fire this goofball.

At least that trash of a season came after another PL win and we cut ties with the manager. How does never ending mediocrity feel like?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Last time I checked, Hull have a CB playing CB and this season have a better goalkeeper than we do.

Sure but there's still a massive gulf in quality in the sides. The reality is that Klopp has not been convincing against mid to low tier teams in general since taking over. He doesn't seem to know how to set up against them or how to get the players up properly. He's been great at setting up against teams that are willing to open up and play against us but seems to have no answer for defensive teams.

Not to mention he's now had 2 windows and thinks the squad is just fine as is. Buys Wijnaldum who's just started really being adventurous and still has Can starting over him which is awful. Among the other debacles like Mignolet, Moreno and Sakho to an extent.

I'm not solely blaming Klopp but he still has a lot to prove. He's not really been any more convincing than Rodgers and everyone hated him. The only difference is Rodgers actually got 2nd and then was left with a ****show after Suarez left and Sterling went prima. Plus he's not a media darling I guess.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
At least that trash of a season came after another PL win and we cut ties with the manager. How does never ending mediocrity feel like?

Nothing says mediocrity like finishing second and having the longest active streak of Champions League appearances of any EPL team. How's your European campaign?

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Nothing says mediocrity like finishing second and having the longest active streak of Champions League appearances of any EPL team. How's your European campaign?

How have you guys done during that long streak? 1 SF in the last 10 years? There there, at least you have your 06 CL runners up and that 04 premiership title to always look back upon, to go with your endless European participation ribbons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->