GWT: EPL Match Day 2

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So I never said that I didn't like the Solanke signing and that there was nothing wrong with it? Thanks for clearing that up and proving yourself wrong again.
Don't really understand the Solanke signing.
ultimately so do a bunch of players who we already have and should already be in line over him
Who's lying again? :biglaugh:
I guess that's a huge endorsement of his signing. :biglaugh:
Who's lying ONCE AGAIN?

As for the Matip thing being a lie...lol...the picture clearly showed they were completely in line but because you have a bias there you change your offside opinions unsurprisingly. Whatever suits you. Keep grasping.
The picture CLEARLY showed they weren't on the same line, as I have said at the time. Only you has said so in fact. Your glasses are special, that's for sure.
So I haven't changed on iota. Would be glad if you stopped lying.

Well I mean the Ibra thing was just funny because you were losing it on anyone suggesting someone else might outscore him and you said it was a foregone conclusion he'd win the golden boot. But then came a long the illustrious Harry Kane...

I didn't "lose it". Hardly. What's MUCH more funny is predicting Liverpool in the top 4 in the prediction thread and then 8 months later, saying you never expected them to be top 4.
I guess that's what you call lies.

Even SEPH says he is 5cm offside. They showed the still image multiple times in the studio. If you can't even be bothered to see that before making one of your ridiculous statements that is on you.

I don't care what Seph said. He also said it's an embarrassing miss, which it isn't (for the linesman I mean).
No ridiculous statement from me. The only ridiculous is your french equation, which is only used by numbnuts who can't read properly. My take on guys like Payet and others who shined in the EPL and who I predicted would lose their shine have been dead on. Positively or negatively, my views on french players have usually been spot on. Saying I only talk positively or defend french players is quite ridiculous.

Anyway, I watched the game and saw replays. Here in studios, they still can't tell if he was offside or not. Which BY THE RULES is onside. That's it. No argument here. It's hardly a "horrible" call since it was close, but the linesman made a mistake, period.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
You should go and watch another sport if a tip of his boot is deemed worthy of an offside call. And this was the absolutely worst outcome of the call, when you deem something offsides by a boot tip. In the end, if we account all aspects of the play, he was most definitely onside.

I'm not blaming the loss on the call though, Arsenal should have been better at all facets of the game today and they weren't (which shows Wenger's incompetence).

"Another sport"? Don't you mean hockey? :laugh:

If that is your opinion then why are you arguing for video review in an earlier post. I know the Avs were bad but did you sleep through the **** show that was offside video reviews in the NHL and refs running around with those stupid Ipads trying to get the most marginal of offsides right. It would probably be easier to implement with football but you will still have to call off goals for being fractionally offside.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You really are a clown. I love how you cut out the part of the post where I literally say 'there's nothing wrong' with the signing. I voiced some concerns but again if you're going to make something up at least don't go through the trouble of finding a quote that directly contradicts your grasping.

As for the rest...well, I guess you can live in a fantasy where you don't even understand the context of expectations vs. predictions. Keep fighting the good fight.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
It's the year 2000 and effin 17 and we still don't have replays for offside and onside goals. I get that penalties are harder to judge, but it's such a crime for offsides.

Lacazette's goal was obviously one of the worst good onside goals I've seen in a long time. But I have a bigger issue involving this squad....

I am an Avs fan and last season I saw goals against from all certain aspects in hockey. You wouldn't believe how many goals happened against us which came from offencive turnovers. It's beyond the rational thought to count and any Avs fan here can conclude that they witnessed the same scenario. A similar situation to the Avs is the AMOUNT of chances an opponent team gets when Mesut ****ing Ozil turns the ball over in the offencive zone. He's done it numerous times last season and so far he's done it at least five to seven times in two ****ing games. Stoke's only goal comes from a pathetic Ozil turnover which gave them space on the counterattack and eventually score against a backline of Mustafi and Monreal. I cannot simply state how ****ing INFURIATING it is to watch a player like him.

I love Monreal and the amount he's developed here should go down as one of the best in the EPL. But he's not a CB and doesn't have the strengths to be a CB. Where the **** is Laurent Koscielny? When did he get an red card to miss like five matches? But don't worry, because Cahill at the Community Shield is able to play the next ****ing match. The definition of insanity for all the pro-Wenger posters here by the logic of Einstein's famous line...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

It's beyond ridiculous how Arsenal are a team who win because the strengths solely on two players; Cazorla and Sanchez. Cazorla has a ludicrous amount of IQ to know what decisions to make and at what times similar to the same impact Verratti has for PSG. You won't find these players anymore for 20, 30, or 40 million and how much Wenger wants Xhaka to be that, he isn't. Xhaka is looking more like a deep-lying playmaker with a temper than he does as a genuine BXB midfielder. And because Wenger is old and senile and stubborn he doesn't have a clue that a proper CDM would benefit immensely for a system which is 3 defenders wide and break down any counterattack. Hell, not even a CDM, but a powerful BXB which Man United have in Pogba and Matic. With Sanchez, you have a player who's unbelievable work ethic and technical skills gives Arsenal a dangerous player for inside the box. For the people who watched today, Arsenal are allergic to get inside the box except for one or two players (Alexis changes this a great deal).

I hope this post starts to give some understanding to the pro-Wenger crowd that he's past his prime.

Some other notes...

- WTF is with the camera angle at Anfield, disastrous? On the topic of Anfield, it's like a Neil Diamond concert; a lot of singing-along, but rather toothless.

- Mkhitaryan has to be the worst CAM/LAM shooting forward that has talent. His shooting is so bad that it's like a man trying to pick up chicks in a Lesbian bar.

- I was going to give Man United some credit because they look damn good, but both wins have come against dreadful sides. West Ham is looking like a relegation team, all that potential they had a couple seasons ago is all falling apart. Swansea deserved a better fate though IMHO.

You mean the Lacazette goal? It's not even close to being debatable, only part of him which was offside was his boot tip which was like 5 cm. It was as good of a goal that there is in the game of football. Wonderful finish though.

Xhaka gave the ball away on stokes goal...not ozil.
Xhaka ALWAYS gives the ball away.
Xhaka flat out sucks.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
"Another sport"? Don't you mean hockey? :laugh:

If that is your opinion then why are you arguing for video review in an earlier post. I know the Avs were bad but did you sleep through the **** show that was offside video reviews in the NHL and refs running around with those stupid Ipads trying to get the most marginal of offsides right. It would probably be easier to implement with football but you will still have to call off goals for being fractionally offside.

Offsides has a huge and more major implication than it does in hockey. I agree that reviewing offside in hockey is a disaster, but more goals are scored in that sport which relieves the bad and human side when they get it wrong.

In football, offside goals and onside goals called offsides are wrong almost every other match (such a huge degree). And when you consider that scoring two goals in football is an immense accomplishment, the calls the linesmen are getting wrong are WAY more impactful. And disastrous for the team it's against considering the AMOUNT of times they're getting it wrong. Arsenal could have won this game 2-1 and walked away with three points if the refs actually got the calls right (Bellerin and Lacazette).

Thus why I conclude with my opinion that football desperately needs offside reviews at least (penalty cases are much harder to justify).

Xhaka gave the ball away on stokes goal...not ozil.
Xhaka ALWAYS gives the ball away.
Xhaka flat out sucks.
Stop being stupid and watch the game, particularly the build up play for a goal. Majority of EVERY goal which have been scored on Arsenal this year have come from an Ozil turnover. That doesn't stop Xhaka from getting some blame too, which is deserved, but simply blaming all the faults on just Xhaka is dumb and naive.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know some Arsenal fans that legitimately think Xhaka is better than Pogba...lol.

This season is going to be fun. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out in the end. I still think the top 4 will be City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea in some order though maybe because of missing Hazard and such Spurs might grab that 4th spot.

Didn't think Arsenal would lose to Stoke but I also forgot Jese was there.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Offsides has a huge and more major implication than it does in hockey. I agree that reviewing offside in hockey is a disaster, but more goals are scored in that sport which relieves the bad and human side when they get it wrong.

In football, offside goals and onside goals called offsides are wrong almost every other match (such a huge degree). And when you consider that scoring two goals in football is an immense accomplishment, the calls the linesmen are getting wrong are WAY more impactful. And disastrous for the team it's against considering the AMOUNT of times they're getting it wrong. Arsenal could have won this game 2-1 and walked away with three points if the refs actually got the calls right (Bellerin and Lacazette).

Thus why I conclude with my opinion that football desperately needs offside reviews at least (penalty cases are much harder to justify).

Stop being stupid and watch the game, particularly the build up play for a goal. Majority of EVERY goal which have been scored on Arsenal this year have come from an Ozil turnover. That doesn't stop Xhaka from getting some blame too, which is deserved, but simply blaming all the faults on just Xhaka is dumb and naive.

You think xhaka is good and call me stupid??? Lol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You really are a clown. I love how you cut out the part of the post where I literally say 'there's nothing wrong' with the signing. I voiced some concerns but again if you're going to make something up at least don't go through the trouble of finding a quote that directly contradicts your grasping.

As for the rest...well, I guess you can live in a fantasy where you don't even understand the context of expectations vs. predictions. Keep fighting the good fight.

Me a clown? Coming from you, that's rich. Gomez-> Sanchez, remember. And that's just today.

I didn't cut any important part but you continue to ignore the important part.
You said you "didn't understand" the signing. When told by everyone it's a good move, you say "well yeah there's nothing wrong with it BUT how about all those future world class strikers that we have?".
If that's not NOT lking a signing, then I don't know what that is.

Prediction vs expectation?
Indeed, let's use definitions.
expect
[ik-spekt]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object)
to look forward to; regard as likely to happen; anticipate the occurrence or the coming of:
I expect to read it. I expect him later. She expects that they will come.

predict
[pri-dikt]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object)
to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell:
to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.

You know where it gets funny?
How about searching for SYNONYMS?
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/expect?s=t
expect
star see definition of expect show
verb believe strongly; anticipate
verb want, wish
await
Relevance
A-ZComplexity
+Length
+
lists
blocks
Common Informal
Synonyms for expect
verb believe strongly; anticipate
...predict...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I do agree with one thing said here. It is absolutely insane to play one central defender in a back three. Also, regarding a back three, I think a 3-4-3 is a desperation tactic unless it's something the manager has been doing for years. Rodgers did the same thing and it got results for a while, but eventually an unnatural three man defense is going to be heavily exploited. Arsenal's version of it is a particularly bad one, because Xhaka isn't very good as a controller in midfield, so there's tons of space for players to exploit after giveaways. I really don't like their setup and I think if they really want to do that, they need at least two borderline top defenders and a better central midfielder.

At first glance it appears that Wenger is invested in this tactic, because that's what he started the season with. Their next match against a fluid front three will show if it can work or not. Their back three will be completely stranded against a team of runners that is attempting to force players into regular giveaways.

Also, reading the thread after the Watford game again, it's actually delicious to read people laughing about Watford getting two offside goals and complaining about this non-goal today. Some of them even being the same people.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Please tell us, is it an expectation or a prediction?

You wouldn't know the difference obviously. You should work on your english. Semantics and all that; I don't have the time to educate you.

I mean after all you think 'nothing wrong translates into 'Don't Like'.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You think xhaka is good and call me stupid??? Lol
This is my last post because it seems like its getting heated here for some reason. Where did I say in my last post that Xhaka is good?

During preseason I said he was wonderful which I wasn't the only Gunner. Last week, I said that Xhaka was at blame for one of Leicester City, but redeemed himself with his outstanding passes for Welbeck and Ramsey goals. Today I said that he deserves some of the blame, but so does Oezil.

You for some stupid reason ONLY scapegoat players during your post game comments. Two years ago you were anti-Ox, last season you were anti-Ramsey, and now you're anti-Xhaka. Every year, you find one player and just bash him to death. I'm not saying you're entirely wrong in your criticisms at all, but you always go over the top. Maybe that is who you are a person, but I cannot assume. If you hate the players so much I don't understand how you're more lenient to Wenger in your posts considering he bought all the players you're so "anti" against.

I admit I am becoming sort of the same way with Ozil and his trash form, but I will absolutely give him credit if he somehow gains some testosterone overnight and plays like he gives a damn. But you're one that I noticed won't ever give benefit of the doubt to a player when he played good. Like today, Ramsey played the game of his life in the last two years and all you come with is having to respond to me to criticize your most favourite player in the world in Xhaka.

Whatever....like anyone takes the kroenke kid serious anyway
What does this even mean? I mentioned in the past that I didn't put all the blame on Kroenke as he's given us money to get the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka, Sanchez, Oezil, and Lacazette. How can you blame a dude who has given you around 220 million to make the squad good? It's not like we're the country of Qatar here and can spend the same amount on one ****ing player. There has to be some sort of other reason why this club hasn't won anything substantial in 15 solid years. That means it has to be the manager who at the same time frame hasn't won anything except get worst every other year. Now that owner has given the manager two extra years, which I absolutely cannot stand with, so I am not supporting Kroenke anymore as a Gunner.

And lastly, more people take me seriously here than the likes of the dude who constantly finds faults even in a 9-0 win. Even if they disagree with me and my premises on the footballing world (like Wenger). But hey I am not the opposing crowd chanting and posting on ArsenalFanTV to keep him.

I do agree with one thing said here. It is absolutely insane to play one central defender in a back three. Also, regarding a back three, I think a 3-4-3 is a desperation tactic unless it's something the manager has been doing for years. Rodgers did the same thing and it got results for a while, but eventually an unnatural three man defense is going to be heavily exploited. Arsenal's version of it is a particularly bad one, because Xhaka isn't very good as a controller in midfield, so there's tons of space for players to exploit after giveaways. I really don't like their setup and I think if they really want to do that, they need at least two borderline top defenders and a better central midfielder.
Even as an anti-Wenger person, I quite like the 3-4-3 he has implemented and the overall tactics of it. The problem though is that Arsene does not have the personnel or player strengths to play the system. You have Ozil who's pretty much the most one dimensional player and succeeds in a 4-2-3-1 system where he can strictly play as a free roaming CAM. He's been beyond useless in any wing position because he clearly doesn't have the work rate to achieve success. Ramsey can ONLY play as a BXB and looks useless as either a deep-lying playmaker or a CAM. Xhaka probably has been told to get forward and apply pressure by Wenger, but hasn't shown the decision making needed to play that position compared to Cazorla. Welbeck keeps trying to cut inside and thinks he's the back up striker which is also quite evident as he doesn't have the best finishing skills. Ox looked good in the CM position, but he's been so good as a WB that I don't know if you can move him off there now. Elneny and Coquelin are good players to come off the bench, but are pretty much nothing more besides that. A lack of more midfield options and buying the same midfield players have really just **** the bed in regards to Wenger's player usage for formation (which falls back to him).

Last edited:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This is my last post because it seems like its getting heated here for some reason. Where did I say in my last post that Xhaka is good?

During preseason I said he was wonderful which I wasn't the only Gunner. Last week, I said that Xhaka was at blame for one of Leicester City, but redeemed himself with his outstanding passes for Welbeck and Ramsey goals. Today I said that he deserves some of the blame, but so does Oezil.

You for some stupid reason ONLY scapegoat players during your post game comments. Two years ago you were anti-Ox, last season you were anti-Ramsey, and now you're anti-Xhaka. Every year, you find one player and just bash him to death. I'm not saying you're entirely wrong in your criticisms at all, but you always go over the top. Maybe that is who you are a person, but I cannot assume. If you hate the players so much I don't understand how you're more lenient to Wenger in your posts considering he bought all the players you're so "anti" against.

I admit I am becoming sort of the same way with Ozil and his trash form, but I will absolutely give him credit if he somehow gains some testosterone overnight and plays like he gives a damn. But you're one that I noticed won't ever give benefit of the doubt to a player when he played good. Like today, Ramsey played the game of his life in the last two years and all you come with is having to respond to me to criticize your most favourite player in the world in Xhaka.

What does this even mean? I mentioned in the past that I didn't put all the blame on Kroenke as he's given us money to get the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka, Sanchez, Oezil, and Lacazette. How can you blame a dude who has given you around 220 million to make the squad good? It's not like we're the country of Qatar here and can spend the same amount on one ****ing player. There has to be some sort of other reason why this club hasn't won anything substantial in 15 solid years. That means it has to be the manager who at the same time frame hasn't won anything except get worst every other year. Now that owner has given the manager two extra years, which I absolutely cannot stand with, so I am not supporting Kroenke anymore as a Gunner.

And lastly, more people take me seriously here than the likes of the dude who constantly finds faults even in a 9-0 win. Even if they disagree with me and my premises on the footballing world (like Wenger). But hey I am not the opposing crowd chanting and posting on ArsenalFanTV to keep him.

Even as an anti-Wenger person, I quite like the 3-4-3 he has implemented and the overall tactics of it. The problem though is that Arsene do not have the personnel or player strengths to play the system. You have Ozil who's pretty much the most one dimensional player and succeeds in a 4-2-3-1 system where he can strictly play as a free roaming CAM. He's been beyond useless in any wing position because he clearly doesn't have the work rate to achieve good form. Ramsey can ONLY play as BXB and looks useless as a deep-lying playmaker or a CAM. Xhaka probably has been told to get forward and apply pressure by Wenger, but hasn't shown the decision making needed to play that position compared to Cazorla. Welbeck keeps trying to cut inside and thinks he's the back up striker which also quite evident doesn't have the best finishing skills.

Rubbish.
the fact you posted that shows me you read with a sense of picking out what you want and disregarding the rest.

And let's not talk about post game rants shall we considering the nonsense you put out.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Wenger basically played:

GK
CB LB LB
RM CM CM RB
AM ST
ST

Then he subs off his best striker when they need a goal.

He needs to bench either Bellerin or Ox and play Kolasinac on the left wingback role.

Oh well Sanchez and Kos should be back next week so hopefully they improve.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ceremony thoughts on this vid

I've never watched one of these Arsenal Fan TV videos. Aside from them giving credence to jammie wearers who seem interested in gaining online notoriety from pretending to be angry I always assumed anyone who did (or does) become well-known from such a practice to not be all there. I wouldn't suggest people like this are being exploited, but then I'd never seen one of the videos so I wouldn't be able to say with any certainty either way.

Now, though, woof. Catastrophic. A damning indictment of the sort of thing English football's association with lad culture produces, because there's an audience who will view this sort of stuff regularly and without irony.

Also Lacazette's goal wasn't offside.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd like to point out that Andrew Robertson eviscerated whichever ringers Crystal Palace had on the right hand side of the pitch. Delicious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->