GWT: EPL Match Day 2

kg458

Capstronaut
Jan 31, 2008
Boston
On the plus side, both Robertson and Gomez have been pleasant surprises at FB today. Not to shocked by the former, but wasn't sure about the latter.

Haven't had to much to deal with though

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
That's truly the West Ham way to lose a game. Coming back after being down 2-0 and losing through a penalty in extra time. **** me.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Robertson is hopefully first choice moving forward. He was refreshing to have there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think they switched to the 4-2-3-1 when Solanke came on and they looked immediately more dangerous and scored. I can't help but think if he'd been on earlier though when Robertson was crushing those crosses he'd have put one in.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I think they switched to the 4-2-3-1 when Solanke came on and they looked immediately more dangerous and scored. I can't help but think if he'd been on earlier though when Robertson was crushing those crosses he'd have put one in.

I do think Solanke might be more imposing in the box. But I think the logic in starting Studge was that he's more creative and Palace was always going to set up to defend.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That's truly the West Ham way to lose a game. Coming back after being down 2-0 and losing through a penalty in extra time. **** me.

So West Ham. So, so West Ham.

Lanzini can't come back soon enough. Ayew and Fonte are terrible players. It's amazing that Bilic, as a central defender, can't figure out how to structure the team. Before even going down to 10, all it took was one 6 yard diagonal ball almost at the halfway line to completely obliterate any resistance on our goal.

On the plus side, Chicharito gives us a legit finisher. Love his game. And Antonio needs to get to full fitness, he's a monster.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Was thinking this as well. Solanke or Origi with Robertson pumping those balls in. Sturridge still has good feet but he has no movement anymore.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Remember when Curtinho didn't like the Solanke signing? Fun, fun, fun ;)

Same old same old. Could you link to a post where I said I didn't like It?

United looks so much better without Ibrahimovic. They might miss his golden boot level scoring though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So Morono and Lovren are rotated out for Robertson and Klavan and Liverpool only gives up one scoring chance the entire game. Says it all I think.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
So Morono and Lovren are rotated out for Robertson and Klavan and Liverpool only gives up one scoring chance the entire game. Says it all I think.

I don't think Liverpool fans should celebrate much this win. Yeah Robertson and Klavan had good games, but the team looks so flat, not much being created and the goal was kind of a fluke. For all who say good riddance if Coutinho leaves, you're going to be in real trouble if he does. Also if Klavan is your starting CB with Matip you're also in deep in trouble.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Same old same old. Could you link to a post where I said I didn't like It?

United looks so much better without Ibrahimovic. They might miss his golden boot level scoring though.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=132882515&postcount=977
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=132882827&postcount=980

He was going to block all those super prospects you had.

The only argument you could come up against this banter is coming with Ibra YET AGAIN (something you've done 3 or 4 times already) even though I recognized before mid-season I had underrated the Mourinho aspect?
Really? :laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think Liverpool fans should celebrate much this win. Yeah Robertson and Klavan had good games, but the team looks so flat, not much being created and the goal was kind of a fluke. For all who say good riddance if Coutinho leaves, you're going to be in real trouble if he does. Also if Klavan is your starting CB with Matip you're also in deep in trouble.

Coutinho's not leaving and I don't want him to, but if he did obviously they'd buy someone to replace him.

I know the team was flat but that tends to happen when players play too much at the start of the season.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
fun first half...Lacazette is brilliant, Welbeck, and Ozil with strong games as well.
Xhaka is horrible as per usual, unless you're a Stoke supporter, then Xhaka is your man of the match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad