GWT: EPL Match Day 1

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
Yea, stateside in my name obviously means I am Canadian.

Also, yes the last 2 goals he has not been good on. I will partly blame him for them

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The problem with Friday games is the rest of the weekend is a bit of a letdown if it's a good game.

Not that I have a problem with it, I would prefer if they could stack the Prem and Bundesliga Friday games to be at different times though.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Congrats on the 3 points I guess, but this team has a long way to go to be anything except absolute garbage.

Yes let's judge a team on the first game of the season. We learned that from Chelsea last year.

Let's also ignore that they played with one CB.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Good win for Arsenal. I can't believe people still try to troll that team in the 70th minute, when Arsenal always do their damage late.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yes let's judge a team on the first game of the season. We learned that from Chelsea last year.

Let's also ignore that they played with one CB.

I think this season is up for the taking by any of the top 6....no one looks particularly great.
Arsenal, ManU, City, Chelsea, Spuds....maybe Liverpool even, have a chance to take the league.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Looked like they were passing around hand grenades out there for most of the match, missing 3 important starters and still got the 3 points.

Gone are the days where if you get off to a slow start it doesn't matter because you are only competing with 3 other teams for the top 4 spots. Now there's 6 teams competing for them.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I thought Ozil's handball should have been called. Looked like he clearly brought it down with his arm. Anyway, must be frustrating being an Arsenal supporter. Watching Ozil and looking like Ozil and Sanchez could leave on a free and then the little activity in the transfer market. So much potential with that club.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I thought Ozil's handball should have been called. Looked like he clearly brought it down with his arm. Anyway, must be frustrating being an Arsenal supporter. Watching Ozil and looking like Ozil and Sanchez could leave on a free and then the little activity in the transfer market. So much potential with that club.

Well N'didi should've had a hand ball called in the 1st half, which would've been a pen.

It all balances out.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Stoke away will be tough. Hopefully Wenger learns from this and starts another CB.

Koscielny was suspended and Mustafi and Mertesacker were injured. Hands were tied for today.

Really hope he doesn't go to Chelsea. Comes to his senses about playing CM BS. He's better than Bellerin, Monreal at wingback.

Chelsea would be signing him to play right wing back anyways. If he doesn't want to play as a wing back whether on the left like he has been lately or on the right then he shouldn't go there either. I don't like him on his off side but he and Bellerin would be a great combo for the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->