Post-Game Talk (GBU): Episode 63, Ides of March

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
With the deadline hours away, we probably saw some of these guys for the last time in a Sabres jersey.

G- scored fast, Hodgson needed it
-Mez added another
-# Scorey Mitchell was a thing
-Noidberg faced 40+ again
-kept it close on the scoreboard despite shot disparity

B- doesn't matter, it was an AHL roster against a hungry team fighting for playoffs

Was nice to see how Jagr was taking their kids aside, talking them up, yelling at them. Even Soupy looked more relaxed with Jagr around.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I dont see Hodgson getting traded. Cap is not an issue for the sabres and I am sure management feels he can bounce back.(Not sure you were implying that)

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I wasn't. I just meant guys like Stewart or Mitchell, other UFA may be traded. Hodgson needs confidence as a player, this season has me feeling bad for him (which hurts because I never really liked him)

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I wasn't. I just meant guys like Stewart or Mitchell, other UFA may be traded. Hodgson needs confidence as a player, this season has me feeling bad for him (which hurts because I never really liked him)

lol, that's me too with certain players. Then I gotta remind myself - they get paid a heck of a lot to endure whatever comes; they don't need pity.

As for Hodgson, he's not my favorite type of player by far, but I like the talent box. Sorta like Ennis isn't my fav, despite having the go get 'em attitude piece. Put Ennis' playing style with Hodgson's talent and we're 2/3rds of the way to my fav type of player. Add in a Girgensens' power/speed/physical play and presto - 1 perfect player!

But a guy only needs at least 1 of the 3 pieces + a sound character/attitude to be a fan, and credit to Hodgson for how he's endured thru this stretch. I keep going back to TM's recent comment about him being a "good solider", and wonder... I mean, is TM the type of guy to see his "good soliders" as throw away pawns, or as temporary martyrs who shall be rewarded on the other side?

If the first, then Hodgson could be traded away for a pick before Monday. If the later, then TM might just have it in his head that Hodgson is part of the roster going forward - under fresh circumstances next year ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00