Post-Game Talk: Episode 6 (Pens 3, Leafs 0) - Return of the Murri

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Murray goes OLD SCHOOL

What a game for him. No words to say how much he needed this. When this team commits to defend in front of him, he delivers. He's not an acrobat, but he reminded me why there isn't another goalie I'd prefer when this team plays the right way.

The Pens go OLD SCHOOL

And speaking of OLD SCHOOL, The American Dream Phil Kessel delivers more HARD TIMES on Toronto:

giphy.gif

HMK with 12 shots on net, plus another 11 missed or blocked shots.

And in the greatest @ColePens troll of all, Geno goes 9-4 in the faceoff circle. :laugh:

EDIT: And 2 for 2 when on the ice with the empty net. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Johnson: 5 shots, 4 hits with a bone crunching hit, 9 shot attempts, no glaring defensive miscues
Oleksiak: 3 shots, 4 hits, 4 shot attempts, no glaring defensive miscues

This is about as strong of a game as you can expect from these 2, really good games for both of them.

This team inspired me to go to the gym at 9:40 tonight, good game.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Good solid team game but Murr's performance was the most encouraging thing by far. Gonna need that version of him if we're gonna do anything at all.

Love the 2 empty netters, we seem to have trouble with those.

Johnson looked decent for a change.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I will go into depth later but very simply I just want to say that was THE BEST 60 minute game I can recall since the 2016 playoffs. That was 60 minutes of ****ing dominance.

There MAY be a better one, but the fact that we have to think about it speaks volumes.

As does the nature of our critiques tonight. We really were critiquing the little mistakes, but this was so much different than it's been in other games, because we were critiquing how the team wasn't perfect, not how the team looks like a cluster****.

Along with @pixiesfanyo, I really look forward to your writeup. :D

BTW, in 7 games this season, the Leafs had only been held scoreless in 4 periods.

On the road, the Pens just added 3 to that total.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Murray goes OLD SCHOOL

What a game for him. No words to say how much he needed this. When this team commits to defend in front of him, he delivers. He's not an acrobat, but he reminded me why there isn't another goalie I'd prefer when this team plays the right way.

The Pens go OLD SCHOOL

And speaking of OLD SCHOOL, The American Dream Phil Kessel delivers more HARD TIMES on Toronto:

giphy.gif

HMK with 12 shots on net, plus another 11 missed or blocked shots.

And in the greatest @ColePens troll of all, Geno goes 9-4 in the faceoff circle. :laugh:

EDIT: And 2 for 2 when on the ice with the empty net. :laugh:

45WW0wy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->