Epic stick relay in Pens game! Wowzers!

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
I'm actually wondering if Crosby planned to use a weak stick to fool the refs into getting a 2-man advantage once a Panther player makes contact with the stick.....with how quickly they gave him a new stick, would that be so out of the question??

Good god. Is this a serious post?

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
All I'm saying is it's possible and clever, never seen a equipment coach give a new stick that fast ever.

Edit: I don't remember if he took any shots before that pass that broke his stick.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
cup aside, dana heinze (head equipment manager) and his crew may be ray shero's greatest legacy to the pens

Last edited:

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I'm actually wondering if Crosby planned to use a weak stick to fool the refs into getting a 2-man advantage once a Panther player makes contact with the stick.....with how quickly they gave him a new stick, would that be so out of the question??

I always thought that would be an interesting thing to do when you need a PP.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, we've gone almost two pages here without even once mentioning the equipment manager's name. Crosby's been mentioned at least a half-dozen times. Typical.

I want to know everything about this guy. What a hero. Is he an FA at the end of the season? Calgary's stick-relays have been a little sluggish this year. Country club atmosphere among the trainers.

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013

I hope you aren't being serious.

Stealthmode16

May 31, 2007
Kodiak, AK

More than likely the equipment guy heard the stick break or the death rattle before Crosby realized it, so he had a bit more time than you see from the video. Either way it's impressive.

SenatorArmy*

you might say when it comes to equipment managers, he's really sticking it to the competition

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Just thinking out loud but seeing how Sid is the most important Penguin player , wouldn't his sticks be first in the row? Followed by Malkin etc... You see them break a stick and they reach , I'M sure they are all numbed and always in the same order.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Didn't expect to be so impressed by this. That was some damn fine stickwork by the equipment manager :handclap: Excellent hand-eye-coordination.

Not to mention Crosby's footwork to keep the puck in possession :amazed:

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
Can't see what happens after the puck goes off screen but they saved what could have been a disastrous situation to whom passed(unless cleared in that direction) it back to the point to crosby without a stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad