EOJHL Prospect Watch 2014-2015

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
This section will be strictly EOJHL Prospects for this season. The young man that writes them I'm sure will update them if they sign a letter of intent, An OHL Education package or any time of hockey contract elsewhere.

Highstic

Oct 6, 2014
Rookie of the Year?

Not 100% sure, but heard Carter was possibly named Valley, Rookie of the Year after Stitts beat Renfrew on December 27th. Does anyone know if this is true? It seems a bit early to be announcing , however, I did note on the game sheet from that evening that he racked up 3 goals and 4 assists against their 1st place rivals. :handclap: Not a bad outing for the 16 year old. I was also speaking with a fellow hockey enthusiast this past week, and he said the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings were there to watch the kid play that night. Can anyone confirm this? If that's the case what great exposure for our EOJHL, and a real feather in the cap for HF and the Rams. Looks like PJ and the Rangers may have missed the boat on this one. It will be interesting to see where Carter goes from here. Hope he sticks it our with the Rams for the balance of the season. :yo:

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Not 100% sure, but heard Carter was possibly named Valley, Rookie of the Year after Stitts beat Renfrew on December 27th. Does anyone know if this is true? It seems a bit early to be announcing , however, I did note on the game sheet from that evening that he racked up 3 goals and 4 assists against their 1st place rivals. :handclap: Not a bad outing for the 16 year old. I was also speaking with a fellow hockey enthusiast this past week, and he said the Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings were there to watch the kid play that night. Can anyone confirm this? If that's the case what great exposure for our EOJHL, and a real feather in the cap for HF and the Rams. Looks like PJ and the Rangers may have missed the boat on this one. It will be interesting to see where Carter goes from here. Hope he sticks it our with the Rams for the balance of the season. :yo:

I can't confirm that Detroit and Buffalo were scouting the kid but I do know that Andrew Dickson, who is a scout with the Red Wings scouts heavily in Eastern Ontario as he is from Almonte. As for the Valley Rookie of the Year Award, it is not announced until mid February so nothing is official as of right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad