Enver Lisin, Roman Voloshenko, or Mikhail Yunkov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I'd choose Lisin. He has the most upside and has speed to burn. He seems to be having a fairly good season and is the only one getting a regular shift in the RSL out of the three. I haven't heard if he stopped cherry picking or not.

Voloshenko is a close 2nd. I think he is the safer prospect. He has a wicked shot and I think his game will fit the NHL style.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Lisin is surprisingly still getting a regular shift on a loaded Ak-Bars team. Pre-draft it was insinuated he is a cherry picker with speed but there have been several first-hand reports before and since that he is defensively sound. I'd be inclined to believe that because its unlikely he'd still be in the RSL if he was a cherry picker on the 3rd/4th line.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The other guys have more upside but I would go with Yunkov. I love his passing and two way play. Plus he goes into traffic and does dirty work.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
They are all good. In case what you want:
- Two-way setup player with good defensive awareness - pick up Younkov
- Speedy Winger and point producer - Lisin or Voloshenko. I'd pick up Lisin.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
It looks like Lisin will be on the top line with Ovechkin and Dmitri Pestunov (Coyotes' prospect). So team Russia has made their choice.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I'm a big fan of Voloshenko, very underrated player in my mind. I look for him to have a good showing at the World Juniors.

Steve Latin*

PhoPhan said:
It looks like Lisin will be on the top line with Ovechkin and Dmitri Pestunov (Coyotes' prospect). So team Russia has made their choice.

I'm still angry the Pens drafted Salmonnson over Lisin. What's hands-of-stone up to these days, anyhow?

S L

Steve Latin*

Pens4ever said:
Oh, just being praised by many as a should have been first rounder last draft :p

Salmonsson ->
--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2003-04 Djurgardens IF Stockholm SEL 25 0 3 3 4 -- -- -- -- --
2004-05 Djurgardens IF Stockholm SEL 15 0 2 2 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not impressed. I can't seem to find his tier 2 stats anywhere though, so he may have picked it up.

Lisin ->

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2004-05 Kazan Ak-Bars Russia 32 5 4 9 4

Not too shabby on a STACKED AK-Bars team.

I don't know why everyone is so pumped up about Salmonsson. I think at best he's a third liner.

S L

Steve Latin*

Ahh... here are Salmonsson's stats from Almtuna, Swe-2....

6 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 6 PIM

... really impressive. No wonder so many teams are kicking themselves for not drafting him in the first round. :shakehead

S L

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I have hope for Yunkov, but I'm not sure he'd be the best out of the three.

In some ways, I think he's one of the most likely of the bunch to reach his potential.

Lisin and Voloshenko have a pretty high ceiling, while I don't think Yunkov will ever score as much as they can.

But either way, I'm interested to see what Yunkov might look like on a line with Alexander Semin in 2-3 years time. Yunkov's got a little finish, but likes to setup more, and I think the two of them could be a solid pair on a dangerous second line.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Steve Latin said:
I'm still angry the Pens drafted Salmonnson over Lisin. What's hands-of-stone up to these days, anyhow?

S L
You probably also hated the Goligoski pick.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Don't know anything about Yunkov. The other 2 I can comment on though.

Voloshenko's biggest knock was his skating. Had he been a better skater, he probably would've gone top 20 in the draft.

Lisin is perhaps the fastest skater in the world for his age group, possibly even one of the top 10 fastest in the world. He doesn't have that great of finishing ability and for many players, it's hard to make plays a lot when you skate at top speed, although there are rare players that can do it.

I really thought Voloshenko looked good last night. I thought Lisin looked OK, but again, he didn't make a good move when Ovechkin sent him in, going full speed, and Montoya poke checked him. Voloshenko is not as bad a skater as I thought he would be from what I've heard. He's about an average skater on team russia which is the fastest team in the tournament.

In the NHL, I'd take Voloshenko out of the three. Lisin, although a better thinker I would say, reminds me a bit of a skinnier Ivan Novoseltsev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad