Entry Level Contracts for Next Year

BDEuph

Hotty Toddy
Feb 3, 2009
Jaskin is probably tops on their list. Yanick Veilleux i would think is high on their radar as would be Ty Rattie (i dont think he has a ELC) and Jordan Binnington as well. Lundstrom as well. Those in Peoria...Bariball Fairchild Grachev look to be 4A players, kinda like Hensick.

BlueSinceBirth

Jul 4, 2006
Jaskin is probably tops on their list. Yanick Veilleux i would think is high on their radar as would be Ty Rattie (i dont think he has a ELC) and Jordan Binnington as well. Lundstrom as well. Those in Peoria...Bariball Fairchild Grachev look to be 4A players, kinda like Hensick.

Rattie has already been signed I believe. You have to be a great AHL player to be on the level of Hensick, something which none of these players have become. I like Grachev in a 4th line kind of role, but he can barely light the lamp in the A. I wouldn't be suprised to see him bolt to KHL after the season.
I would be suprised to see Barriball, Sonne, Shattock, and Nigro ALL back after the season. They might hang on to a couple of them to fill out Peoria's roster. My money would be on Shattock and Nigro returning out of that group.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Both Rattie and Binnington have signed their ELC's. We'll be looking to tie up Lundström, Jaškin, Veilleux and probably Schmaltz as soon as the season is over.

As for the guys in Peoria, I find it difficult to even hazard a guess on most of the guys at this point. Safe to say that McRae, Allen and Fairchild will certainly get offered new deals.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I would be suprised to see Barriball, Sonne, Shattock, and Nigro ALL back after the season. They might hang on to a couple of them to fill out Peoria's roster. My money would be on Shattock and Nigro returning out of that group.

Shattock and Barriball. Shattock has gotten spot duty on Peoria's top line, and hasn't looked completely out of place, and the organization loves Barriball's speed and work ethic. I think both Sonne's and Nigro's ships have pretty much sailed...

I would guess that all of the major junior players who are eligible to be signed to ELC's after this year -- Jaskin, Veilleux, Edmundson and Tesink -- all will be. Tesink, because of his size (or lack of it), is the only one I'm "iffy" on.

Would really like to see the organization sign Teemu Eronen out of Jokerit, too...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Safe to say that McRae, Allen and Fairchild will certainly get offered new deals.

I don't know if it's "safe" to say that at all, frankly. McRae and Allen both seem to be stalling a bit in their development, and Fairchild's sophomore slump is, in a word, awful.

I would not be surprised to see two of those players, or even all three, offered as part of a package for an NHL-ready physical LD prospect who is facing a numbers game in his current organization, or for additional picks in this year's draft.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I don't know if it's "safe" to say that at all, frankly. McRae and Allen both seem to be stalling a bit in their development, and Fairchild's sophomore slump is, in a word, awful.

I would not be surprised to see two of those players, or even all three, offered as part of a package for an NHL-ready physical LD prospect who is facing a numbers game in his current organization, or for additional picks in this year's draft.

McRae and Fairchild might be trade bait at some point, but I highly doubt Allen goes anywhere. He's had a rough year, but both of his two years in Peoria have been promising. I'd be surprised if they gave up on him after having a bad couple of months. If it's going to bring back a long term partner for Petro, sure. If it's just going to add another depth Dman or forward, I don't see the point. He still has the potential to be a very good NHL goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->