Friedman: Entry level contract drops from 10 games to 7 games

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
its 9 games max without consequences, 10 games you burn a year

Ah, so this is 6.

Also I don’t understand the 10 game rule. For example after 9 games you could send them back at any point regardless. Like Buffalo did with Grigorenko and Edmonton with Drai. 10 games is just when it no long slides. So really it is still 9 games as everyone commonly referred to cause 10+ is makes no difference anymore

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Making a decision after 6 games makes me a little nervous.
Is there really an issue with losing the ability to slide the contract? If he didn’t make it this year I’d assume he’s a lock for the following year. I know it’s a contract issue years from now but you do whatever is right for the player now. If he needs ten games and you lose the slide, so be it.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
They did the same thing with last year's roster freeze. Just now it's pro-rated to 56/82 instead of 70/82. Waivers and expansion draft requirements will also be pro-rated.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
They did the same thing with last year's roster freeze. Just now it's pro-rated to 56/82 instead of 70/82. Waivers and expansion draft requirements will also be pro-rated.

For clarity: thresholds to lose waiver exemption status are pro-rated.

Waiver durations of 10 games/30 days are not pro-rated.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is kinda ridiculous. These guys are already having a hard enough time playing with leagues either being restricted or just not running at all. Why would you make it so teams have to decide if they want to play guys less just to avoid burning a year.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This just reinforces my point that Stutzle should just stay in Germany till next season.

I think that is fair. I didn't like when the Habs leap frogged Kotkaniemi from sheltered role in the Liiga to 3C in the NHL... why? Cause our centers were Danault, DLR, Peca, Over the hill Pleky, and we didn't know how Domi would do at center. Kotkaniemi made our roster because "he didn't look out of place". Come on man!

Sens have had issues with paying players so it's probably smart to have Stutzle on his ELC around 19-21 or 20-22 range vs 18-20. You get more cap value with better seasons and once his ELC is done, you will have a better idea on how good he is at 21 or 22 vs 20. Can't block him if he is that good right away but if it looks like he needs more development, I would not have him learn on the job in the NHL.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ah, so this is 6.

Also I don’t understand the 10 game rule. For example after 9 games you could send them back at any point regardless. Like Buffalo did with Grigorenko and Edmonton with Drai. 10 games is just when it no long slides. So really it is still 9 games as everyone commonly referred to cause 10+ is makes no difference anymore

Theres also the RFA thing. IIRC LD was sent back to juniors because if he played a couple more games it would have counted for an RFA year. I.E. he would've been a UFA a year earlier.

Reactions: bucks_oil

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Ah, so this is 6.

No it’s 7 games and on the 8th you burn the first year of the contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad