News Article: Entry Draft on Oct 6th, UFA on Oct 9th

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
People underestimate how much adding one Krug can completely change your entire powerplay and your entire attack. He would elevate everyone on the ice with him. He does that in Boston. They'll miss him a lot offensively if he leaves.

No, he's not the purebred 200 foot defender we're all dreaming of. But if you want any hope of turning this ship around before @Winger98 's kids are in college, we're going to need some players like Krug added in free agency or trades. Building entirely through the draft alone will take a damn decade, at which point... start over again, your young stud from 2020 is now 27 and wants a $100 million dollar deal.

We'd be lucky to have a guy like Krug on the roster, ultimately. He would take so much pressure off our developing blueline and give an elite puck mover to our forwards, so desperate for someone to make them look good - rather than the other way around.

How much he could help Seider as a partner... how much he could get Mantha/Zadina the puck in shooting positions on the PP... how much he could help us spend less time in our zone in general.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hey, if it gets Yzerman's ass in gear I'm all for it.

To be fair, the next one turns six in a month, and the other is still measured in months. Yzerman better have a winning team on the ice before this last one has to take his SATs.

And, yeah, I think Krug's impact isn't appreciated. Part of the reason Pasternak and Marchand look so good on the power play is that they have Krug there to make that power play go. How good would Mantha look with Krug breaking down the other side of the ice, opening up lanes for cross ice passes and slappers? And when teams try to rush over to cover Mantha on the other end of the rink, who does that leave more room for down low? Bert. Larkin. Rasmussen.

This might be a chicken or egg argument. Are Pastrnak and Marchand powerplay beasts because of Krug? Or are Krug's numbers inflated from playing with such good players?

The world will never know...

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Let's say Detroit gets lucky and drafts Tim Stutzle #4. Their top 6 changes for the better. In two years, it could be fun :

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Stutzle - Zadina
Rasmussen - Veleno - Timashov/2021 #1st rounder
Bromé - Glendening/Pearson - Smith/Svechnikov

An let's say they sign Krug :

Krug - Seider
Dekeyser - Hronek
Nemeth/Cholowski/Johansson - Lindström/Bowey

It could speed up the rebuild.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This might be a chicken or egg argument. Are Pastrnak and Marchand powerplay beasts because of Krug? Or are Krug's numbers inflated from playing with such good players?

The world will never know...

Well, it's quite easy to look at team stats and see, that Bruins power-play has been league 2nd best from seasons 2016-17 to 2020 (Pastrnak involved in it with Krug).

And Bruins power-play has been 7th best in the league from seasons 2012-13 to 2015-16 (Krug involved all seasons without Pastrnak).

Also will match the gut feeling, how Pastrnak impact on it as the most skilled player of the unit.

But that doesn't make Krug a bad player. He is one elite piece of an elite unit, better than Kronwall, worse than Lidström was. And proably better than anyone currently at Detroit. Maybe Mantha is another one to build an elite PP unit.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Well, it's quite easy to look at team stats and see, that Bruins power-play has been league 2nd best from seasons 2016-17 to 2020 (Pastrnak involved in it with Krug).

And Bruins power-play has been 7th best in the league from seasons 2012-13 to 2015-16 (Krug involved all seasons without Pastrnak).

Also will match the gut feeling, how Pastrnak impact on it as the most skilled player of the unit.

But that doesn't make Krug a bad player. He is one elite piece of an elite unit, better than Kronwall, worse than Lidström was. And proably better than anyone currently at Detroit. Maybe Mantha is another one to build an elite PP unit.

This is where I was hoping the conversation about Krug would go. Is he going to have a harder time without some of those guys in Boston? Of course. But so will they. Meanwhile, some of our guys (like Mantha) should have an easier time.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This is where I was hoping the conversation about Krug would go. Is he going to have a harder time without some of those guys in Boston? Of course. But so will they. Meanwhile, some of our guys (like Mantha) should have an easier time.

The fact Mantha has to create so much of his own scoring through sheer individual effort is why I think people are sleeping on him. And why I want to hang onto him and help build around him, even as he moves closer to 30.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Ecklund's rumor board on Hockey Buzz having the Wings at a 25% chance of getting Holtby. My feeling he will be asking too much i would prefer Markstrom or trade for a goalie.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Let's say Detroit gets lucky and drafts Tim Stutzle #4. Their top 6 changes for the better. In two years, it could be fun :

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Stutzle - Zadina
Rasmussen - Veleno - Timashov/2021 #1st rounder
Bromé - Glendening/Pearson - Smith/Svechnikov

An let's say they sign Krug :

Krug - Seider
Dekeyser - Hronek
Nemeth/Cholowski/Johansson - Lindström/Bowey

It could speed up the rebuild.

I’d say try and get one of the strong LHD in 2021
maybe try and find a #2LW and slide Ras to 4C

Rasmussen Larkin Mantha
Bertuzzi Stutzle Zadina
#32oA 2020 Veleno Fabbri
Brome Glendening Smith

Krug Seider
2021 1st Hronek
Dekeyser Lindstrom

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I’d say try and get one of the strong LHD in 2021
maybe try and find a #2LW and slide Ras to 4C

Rasmussen Larkin Mantha
Bertuzzi Stutzle Zadina
#32oA 2020 Veleno Fabbri
Brome Glendening Smith

Krug Seider
2021 1st Hronek
Dekeyser Lindstrom
I'm confused. You said to slide Rasmussen to 4C, then had him as the 1W.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad