GDT: Entry Draft 2015 - All things and stuff which be happening goes here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
You know it's bad when literally everyone on the forum is in complete agreement.

There is simply no defending what happened today.

Seriously. We're 99% in agreement. That NEVER happens.

Today is the worst day in team history for me. It's so much worse than Joe and Segs. So much worse.

I'll never forget today.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
FWIW - Dobber (Fantasy Hockey Perspective)

Jakub Zboril, D (Saint John,QMJHL)
Injuries limited Czech import defender Jakub Zboril to 44 games yet scouts consistently rank this two-way, low-maintenance defender firmly inside the first round. The 6-2 mobile blueliner plays a mistake-free style of hockey that’ll endear him to NHL teams nicely, responsibly playing within his skill set. He owns a rocket of a point shot, as seen by his 13 goals, and executes efficiently as a breakout passer. Zboril won’t ‘wow’ with his offensive abilities and he’s not going to contend for any scoring titles but coaches will throw him out to eat up a ton of minutes and he’ll contribute fantasy worthy numbers.
Upside:Intelligent top-four do-it-all defenseman (Brent Seabrook),

(Predicted in Mock Draft - 20th Minnesota Wild – Jakob Zboril
Alex Tuch provided size up front in last year’s draft for the Wild so GM
Chuck Fletcher looks to add to his blue line depth
targeting a potential top pairing defender to eventually take the torch from Ryan Suter down the road. Jakob Zboril is a
confident puck moving defender with good instincts and strong mobility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake DeBrusk,
LW (Swift Current, WHL)
Bloodlines run deep with Jake DeBrusk as his father, Louie, was a throwback tough guy in the NHL for 10 seasons spanning four teams. Jake didn’t inherit his old man’s tough mitts but Louie is certainly willing to admit that his son’s skilled game trumps his 41 points over 401 NHL games. After finishing his rookie WHL season off red hot, DeBrusk picked up right where he left off nearly tripling his goals (42) and doubling his point totals (81). The Broncos offensive leader has great goal scoring instincts and anticipation inside the O-blue line, particularly cashing in on opportunities inside the hash marks. Moving forward, DeBrusk should develop into one of the WHL’s top scorers in 2015-16.
Upside: Opportunistic goal scoring winger (Joffrey Lupul), Rank:29

(Predicted in mock draft - 25th Winnipeg Jets (from the Blues via the Sabres) – Jake DeBrusk
Evander Kane has departed town and with their future
blue line
in very strong shape with Trouba, Myers and Morrissey as
future pillars, Winnipeg’s smart drafting team looks to f
ill holes up front. Jake DeBrusk is a 40+ goal scoring forward with
good bloodlines and he’d certainly look good below Nikolaj Ehlers on the left wing depth chart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary Senyshyn, RW (Sault Ste. Marie, OHL)
Taking the ice on arguably the top team in the entire CHL scattered with eight NHL prospects, Soo rookie forward Zach Senyshyn opened a lot of eyes with his ability to provide a consistent offensive impact. As Senyshyn darts down the wing at a blazing pace he forces defenders onto their heels before unleashing a striking shot that lights the lamp more often than not. His 26 goals and 45 points were second among OHL first years and it’s a small taste of his future potential. Expected to be a second round selection, Senyshyn owns too many pro attributes not to be selected higher than he’s currently pegged. Upside: Top six scoring winger (Matt Duchene), Rank: 38

(Predicted in mock draft - 49th Dallas Stars (from Red Wings)
– Zach Senyshyn
Sticking to their CHL ties, Stars GM Jim Nill targets high-potential speedster Zach Senyshyn from the Soo Greyhounds with the idea that three of four years down the road they may have a first round talent in their system and 29 other tems barking, “What the fudge!?! How’d we miss him?â€

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Cheveldayoff laughing his ass off as he got off the phone and told one of his guys "No!" Must have been talking to Sweeney.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We just re-entered Joe Thornton late 90's early 00's era Bruins folks. Mediocre at best for the foreseeable future. I seriously have never been so disgusted as a fan.

Worst day as a Bruins fan as far as transactions go in a long time.

I have completely lost faith in this management group. This was a lay-up. Not one but two guys rated in the Top 13 on 90% of every mock draft I seen.

And they pass on both to take a reach from the late 1st/early 2nd in DeBrusk and and huge reach on a guy who could of been had easily at 45 in Senyshyn.

Sweeney had a chance to redeem himself somewhat with these picks and blew it completely.

This was so simple and they still muffed it up. Terrible day.

Does anyone have any faith that they will make the right selections with their three 2nd rounders? I don't.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Connor and Barzal go right after........

ltcdf7yxzp2bp8flqkgr.gif

...going to snap

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
hahah i cant even believe this is really happening, not even 20 minutes we were so excited about the prospect of having Barzal/Connor/X.

Naturally they both go after Sweeneys dumb ass picks.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Reinhart get's 16th and 33..hasn't even played a full NHL Season or established himself.
Hamilton...get's 15th, 45, 52...just wow

Icing on the cake today. I surely hope that Sweeney can somehow see into the future because this is one of the worst days I can remember as a B's fan.

Bruins14

Jun 28, 2011
Sweeney looking for players who wont command big contracts after their ELCs run out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->