Enter the Beyakisms

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
enter-the-dragon-600x403.jpg

enter_the_dragon_featured_image.jpg

After reading the Broadcast Schedule thread a few weeks it got me thinking about my favorite Beyakisms and how I'd like to dedicate a thread just for the purpose of posting new and old Beyakisms. Feel free to add to the thread as the season goes on and the pool of Beyakisms increase. My top 3 are as follows:

1. His abundant use of "Tight Turns"
2. "Carom off the backboards"
3. "Wheeler Blows a Wheel"

Reactions: Aggie204 and SLAYER

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Mark-Eduard Vlassic
This is his 197th NHL game
It's not what you think, honey. I swear. We're just work friends.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Things i'd pay money to hear Dennis Beyak say:

"Can I get a side salad with that instead?"
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles onions on a sesame seed bun."

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
as long as he doesn't call white players Byfuglien or e.kane that's a good day for him. lost count how many times he has done that.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's a game of inches
And we're headed for 5 minutes of extra fun

Also his shout outs to any player from the Parkland region (Dauphin, Gilbert Plains, Swan River etc etc). But I'm cool with that 'cause I'm also from that area, same as Dennis.

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I love when he gets players mixed up. Appleton had a rush in one of the preseason games and he called him Roslovic. #82-#28...at least it was close.

Reactions: bennylundholm

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Am I the only one who is bothered by the way he uses "give and go"? Drives me right up the wall!

Reactions: Jet

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Things i'd pay money to hear Dennis Beyak say:

"Can I get a side salad with that instead?"
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles onions on a sesame seed bun."

I read this 15 minutes ago and I am still chuckling to myself getting strange looks from colleagues.

My 2 cents on Beyakisms
"Did he get a piece of that"
"That didn't miss by much" on any shot within 3 feet of the net

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Any save made by a goalie, excluding a glove save: "And [goalie name] kicks that away"
Any shot that may or may not have struck a goalie, excluding a glove save: "And [goalie name] may have got a piece of that"

I enjoy Beyak's calls. Especially after enduring last year's Boston-TO series. He's one of the few guys in the league who sounds like he could be teleported back to 1940 and fit right in, without the eye-rolling homerism or numbing tedium of some of the present-day "classic" announcers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->