Pre-Game Talk: Enter if you're a masochist. VGK/WIN/@CHI/@NSH

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah, Gru will get a ******* in his next start.

Fill in the blank.

Chicago is absolutely beatable, and hopefully we don't get Rinne'd.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Usually I try not to, but just went and read through a few threads on the Hawks board. And yikes is that a confident bunch considering they were the worst team in the league a month ago. They think they are a lock for the playoffs and are the best team out of all the current teams fighting for the wild card spots.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Usually I try not to, but just went and read through a few threads on the Hawks board. And yikes is that a confident bunch considering they were the worst team in the league a month ago. They think they are a lock for the playoffs and are the best team out of all the current teams fighting for the wild card spots.

I mean I don’t think they’re team is as bad as they started the year with. But they have have Kane literally playing the best hockey of his career and he can drag a team to the playoffs on his own.

Reactions: Avs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Besides Blues, Blackhawks have been one of the hottest teams in the league winning 10 out of their last 12 games. It won't be an easy game by any standard and Patrick Kane is doing his best to steal some votes from Kucherov's MVP title. However, they're still giving up a lot of chances offencively, goaltending still has been suspect, and they're tending to outscore other teams than out defend them.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I mean I don’t think they’re team is as bad as they started the year with. But they have have Kane literally playing the best hockey of his career and he can drag a team to the playoffs on his own.

Agreed. They certainly aren’t a basement team and have really turned things around. But they are still playing some really bad hockey against really bad teams. They have really lucked out with their recent schedule

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Agreed. They certainly aren’t a basement team and have really turned things around. But they are still playing some really bad hockey against really bad teams. They have really lucked out with their recent schedule

No definitely. I think they’re still a bubble team and weren’t a bottom 5 team like they were earlier. Obviously defense and goaltending isn’t a strength of theirs but they have a solid forward core still.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
No definitely. I think they’re still a bubble team and weren’t a bottom 5 team like they were earlier. Obviously defense and goaltending isn’t a strength of theirs but they have a solid forward core still.
They allowed 11 goals in 2 games against Ottawa / Detroit.

I look forward to playing them tomorrow.

Reactions: MarkT

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They allowed 11 goals in 2 games against Ottawa / Detroit.

I look forward to playing them tomorrow.

Defensively they aren’t great. But you got Kane at his peak ability right now and that’s downright horrifying to me. Plus Debrincat is hot as is Toews. Could be a high scoring affair.

Reactions: S E P H

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I think there is a better chance Varly plays both Friday and Saturday than there is Grubauer plays Friday in Chicago.

Also, since I brought this whole thing up I am totally expecting to get spanked tomorrow. So sorry for that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Beating the Hawks would be huge for the playoff race so I'd go Varly tomorrow night and then throw Grubauer to the wolves on Saturday. Grubauer has gotten hot in a few games this season so you hope for that but I almost view the Preds game as a schedule loss anyways.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Beating the Hawks would be huge for the playoff race so I'd go Varly tomorrow night and then throw Grubauer to the wolves on Saturday. Grubauer has gotten hot in a few games this season so you hope for that but I almost view the Preds game as a schedule loss anyways.
I'd do the same, or call up Francouz against Nashville. It's probably not going to be a win for us, and if Duchene is on the Preds, it will be a side show anyways.

It's the second game of a b2b with like 20 hours between games, with travel.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I guess a bright side is, if Duchene is traded to the Preds before we play them, he should be stuck in a bunch of red tape to come back to the states and we won’t have to worry about him.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
There's an old saying that you dance with the one who brought you to the dance. We go with Varly until he's absolutely broken...then we go with Frank and Grub's can continue to kiss my ass.

There was a point in the season I really wanted him to be given the reigns and given a chance to show what he can do. That all ended with listening to him in post game interviews. If I was Joe Sakic, the only reason he wouldn't be down in the AHL is that we are trying to not only develop good players but also good environments. From the outside looking in, Grubs has look liked a shiny example of a dickhead. If I was Joe, I'd seriously be talking to Stan about buying him out and turning him free...I wouldn't want him anywhere near my developing players.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Fun factoid of the day, Nate and McDavid have scored 144 and 119 goals in their careers to date, Nate has 32 game winners, Connor 26, meaning that almost every 4th goal they score is a GWG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad