Pre-Game Talk: Enter if you're a masochist 2.0 FLA/VAN/@SJS/@ANA

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Sucks to see Graves out, he's really been finding his stride. Hopefully he draws back into the lineup soon over Nemeth, maybe in a couple games he'll be rotated in.

Reactions: Avs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m fine with Graves sitting. He’s a turnover machine. His first couple of games were good because all his risks paid off but they were bound to balance out eventually and he’s been getting exposed. People complain about Barrie and his turnovers and Graves is turning the puck over at almost double the rate Barrie does.

I think he has potential and I like a lot of his strengths but he needs some serious coaching and a night off isn’t a bad thing. He’s ideally a 7th D anyway and probably not even that on a good team.

Glad he’s in our system and I hope he keeps getting opportunities but he isn’t as good as people here try to convince themselves he is.

Reactions: Avs71

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cole is frustrating but I also think he's better than three of the defensemen who played every night while he was out.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m fine with Graves sitting. He’s a turnover machine. His first couple of games were good because all his risks paid off but they were bound to balance out eventually and he’s been getting exposed. People complain about Barrie and his turnovers and Graves is turning the puck over at almost double the rate Barrie does.

I think he has potential and I like a lot of his strengths but he needs some serious coaching and a night off isn’t a bad thing. He’s ideally a 7th D anyway and probably not even that on a good team.

Glad he’s in our system and I hope he keeps getting opportunities but he isn’t as good as people here try to convince themselves he is.

I don't know if anyone's glossed over the flaws in his game. He's got 'em for sure, he plays a pretty high-risk game for sure. I'll also admit, as AJ has pointed out repeatedly, that he's been incredibly lucky thus far that some of those high-risk plays haven't come back to bite him badly. That said, I like his game, and the fact that he plays an aggressive style, gives the team another weapon at the point, and he is IMO more adept at penalty killing than Patrik Nemeth.

I get why Bednar chose to scratch Graves with Cole coming back, but I think it'll end up being the wrong move.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad