Injury Report: Enstrom out 8 weeks, Poolman recalled!

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Agreed. With all due respect to Enstrom, I think the playoff series against the Ducks revealed him to be too small and ineffective against a big and fast team playing at playoff speed. He was more of a liability than an asset in that environment.

Toby was literally our best defensemen in the playoffs.... This stuff kills me.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, in time for the second half of the season and playoffs....where I am afraid he will be targeted for more punishment.
I loved Enstrom's game the first few seasons he played here, but he is a shadow of his former self. He will be 34 next year and I hope he makes the right decision in the off-season about his future, for the sake of his health.

Reactions: Jets 31

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If he plays like he has been this year ( a very good 3LHD), he is worth 2m for a year....who would take his place if he isn't on the team next year>
Chiarot?
Niku?
Poolman?
That’s what Chevy gets the big bucks for !

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Toby had some serious problems back in that series. Denying that would only speak for your own blindness when trying to objectively validate a player performance. Blowing it up into a huge thing that leads to argument against Toby Enström's role on the team would be silly though. Toby has deficites - no question. If you go at him hard, quick and heavy, he's gonna be in trouble.

But you know who else has deficites that can get exploited if you target them?

Pretty much every other defenseman in the NHL outside MAYBE of the league wide top 10.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I never said he didn't have problems in the series. All of our team did considering we lost in 4 strait games.

He was however our best defensmen in that series and I'll stand by that comment.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Sucks to lose Enstrom. Hopefully he's ready to go in 8 weeks and hopefully the Jets can keep this going and stay relatively healthy.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Of course he is. I mean, you just go and compare it. With the amount of sample size in regular season NHL games played for Poolman and compare that amount of proof against Enström's amount and then... wait... I'm not sure this is legit.

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
I knew it when i saw it that he did get hurt badly. Damn.

Make no mistake, he is a difficult player to replace. And now our defence corp is paper thin. Aye. I hope that scheif and Little doesn't get hurt, those two are impossible to replace at the moment. :o

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Toby was literally our best defensemen in the playoffs.... This stuff kills me.

What alternate timeline was this? Were they still swept? I remember it much differently. Toby played injured in that series and was arguably our worst D. Even some of his most ardent supporters were saying that at the time. Go back and read the GDTs if your memory needs refreshing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Toby was not the Best D in that series.
Time and time again the ducks forward were flipping the puck on his side so they can keep the cycle going.

Jets played the ducks tough that series. They just didnt havd the experience to close out the games. Lowry was good in that series. It was a learninh lesson for Scheifele.

This year toby was ok. Though he had 2x where he got outmuscled and caused Jets bith goals . The impact on one to the game was probably not as great but the other one was big.

His offense really dried up. But it might be collectively the D group are playing more concervatively to keep the other team away from the slots most times.
Toby is still pretty on open ice play and transition out of the zone .

Go Jets Go

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Trading down in the 1st looks really, really bad in hindsight now. We traded a pick that could have been huge to keep Dano the popcorn dispenser, or Enstrom on crutches.

At least Pool-man has his shot. I doubt he leaves the team after, either.

Dude who cares right now? Team is rolling, 4th in the NHL this moment and you're worried about the expassion draft trade right now...

Reactions: tacogeoff

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Do you guys expect Poolman to get any PP time? How's he looked in the A thus far?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think we will miss Toby quite a bit. Chiarot is a poor substitute. If they can get Poolman in and he is able to adapt to the left the hole isn't too bad.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Well Chiarot had a chance let's see Poolman next instead please.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad