GWT: English Premier League: Week 11 - 11/5 & 11/6

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Sunderland get their first win despite being down to 10 for most of the second half, Burnley got a late winner against Palace.

Pathetic result for City, the first half was one of the more uncompetitive games you will see anywhere, at times Boro had like 20% possession, to be fair second half they did improve a bit but City need to be winning these games

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Quite a limp performance from City after a big win against Barcelona that should have helped them regain some swagger.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Could've been a red there on Coleman, terrible challenge. Should've at least been a yellow.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
No issue with that 1st for me. Whoever was slightly offside for Chelsea never interfered with the keeper's sight of the shot and didn't lunge to deflect it.

Keeper should've had both IMO.

Ironically he probably has a better case of Luiz blocking his vision on this 3rd goal.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Arsenal destroying us 3-0 was probably the best thing that could have happened.

16 GF, 0 GA in 5 prem games since then.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Arsenal destroying us 3-0 was probably the best thing that could have happened.

16 GF, 0 GA in 5 prem games since then.
I think it's more of a case of Conte finally being able use his preferred 3-4-3 formation instead of the 4-1-4-1 he used at the beginning of the season.

Also benching the likes of Branislav Ivanovic helps.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really glad Liverpool played Chelsea before they switched to 343

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still am not impressed by Chelsea.

Gary Cahill is a starter, Alonso is very average, Azpilicueta is not a CB, Moses is not a RWB and you aren't convincing me that he's more than an average player who's started the season well. They have some good players, I just am unsure if they'll hold up defensively over the course of a season. Getting Zouma back will help, but they probably still need another defender or two.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
No disagreement regarding Moses here. We need another right back/right wing back if we plan on using azpi as a CB. Might I say.. sidibe?

Cahill is **** in a four atb but the five atb seems to suit him. Might as well roll with that for now.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It's reasonable to wonder if Chelsea will maintain but I'm not sure how you can not be impressed by this form

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Gary Cahill is a starter, Alonso is very average, Azpilicueta is not a CB, Moses is not a RWB and you aren't convincing me that he's more than an average player who's started the season well. They have some good players, I just am unsure if they'll hold up defensively over the course of a season. Getting Zouma back will help, but they probably still need another defender or two.

Honestly, Azpi can play literally anywhere and he'll be fine, CB, left or right, or even if they push him up the field. He may not be technically gifted, but he's a really smart, high effort player, can play the simple pass and can run. His positioning is fantastic.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Pedro and Hazard both in positions they are best in. Two free roaming second strikers if that makes any sense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not sure what's not to be impressed by.

You can throw stats at me, but its a few games.

They've played well, but I'm not crowing them champs because they've gotten a few good results. I still am unsure how good their defense is. The players they are using defensively just aren't top quality defensive players.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

If they are still 1st after the game on Sunday, everybody should be impressed by Chelsea. City-Liverpool-Arsenal have played some awesome football, and to be on top ahead of them, respect.

As much as I hate Chelsea, you need to give them props.

And their success also further buries Mourinho's reputation of being a crap manager. :yo:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs totally changing things up today. No Dele, Kane back and changing from 4-4-2 to a 3-4-3

Lloris
Wimmer--Verts--Dier
Rose-Wanyama-Dembele-Walker
Son-Kane-Eriksen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad