Vancouver, BC
Huzzah!!

BmUhVxPIEAAfJfR.jpg

Edit: Wenger ****ing out.

Last edited:

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
Hmm. Want to see United out of the top 4 again but at the same time if a top 4 finish guaranteed another season of LVG I'd prefer that. Plus City playing on Thursday in the Europa would be a hurdle for them as well.

At the end of the day as an Arsenal fan it won't even matter. No matter what the other 19 teams do they will find a way to finish third or fourth and disappoint us all once again.

it's okay though, you might get to celebrate St. Totteringham's Day and finish 2nd.
that is what seemingly matters to most Gunners fans.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Fun game. Such a well deserved win for West Ham.

Great win and the best possible ending for 112 years at the Boleyn. :handclap:
Agreed with both.

_89650036_chelsea.png

Liverpool are unbeaten in their last seven home matches in the Premier League (W4, D3). The Reds have scored in each of their last 12 Premier League games - it's their best scoring run in the top flight since April 2014, when they scored in 25 consecutive games.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35738639

I hope my Blues win tomorrow, but I realize we're the 9th best team in the league, the worst defending champ ever in points, they're 10 points better than us, they're at home, and hot at home. :(

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Didn't he just agree to a new contract like two weeks ago? :laugh:

Maybe they were just meeting for lunch. Or maybe Sir Alex secretly wants to work for the Spurs :sarcasm:

Or maybe he was just getting London traffic tips so United isn't late again :laugh:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Didn't he just agree to a new contract like two weeks ago? :laugh: Maybe they were just meeting for lunch. Or maybe Sir Alex secretly wants to work for the Spurs :sarcasm: Or maybe he was just getting London traffic tips so United isn't late again :laugh:
I believe everything you or anyone else ever says about Man U, Arsenal, and Liverpool. ;)

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As much as Spurs have improved, he's going to take that call if it comes. I'm not saying he takes the United job, but if a top four traditional power offers him a job, he's stupid not to consider it contract or no. The money one of those clubs could offer him, and the potential to consistently be in the top 4 is hard to pass up.

That said, meeting with SAF does not mean he's bound for the job. It could be something completely innocuous.

I'm also not sure that I would see the United job as a clear upgrade at this stage without at least some assurance he's getting a blank check and some support (a few years to work out some problems). Plus if Jose does have some interest (and most would suggest he does) I have to think he avoids that job because of the fact that the supporters will turn on him in a heartbeat.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
As much as Spurs have improved, he's going to take that call if it comes. I'm not saying he takes the United job, but if a top four traditional power offers him a job, he's stupid not to consider it contract or no. The money one of those clubs could offer him, and the potential to consistently be in the top 4 is hard to pass up. ...
Your entire post is well written, but I especially agree with this part. The top four traditional powers also have prestige which is why I'd rather lose to the Spurs than Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man U. Yes, I'm an irrational human, but aren't we all? ;)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, I'm not surprised he'd take the call and meeting. Sir Alex is, rightfully so, a legend in the sport and if he wants to meet with you, you do it. United brings a level of notoriety and history with it that is probably only surpassed by Barca and Madrid. Although they've been a bit of a joke the last 3 years, and have several holes in the lineup to return to true form, it does seem like one of those jobs you owe yourself to at least hear the sales pitch for, even if you have no intent to move.

I just found the timing a little odd given we heard about him staying at White Hart Lane for another 5 years only a couple weeks ago.

Johnnywhite

Aug 27, 2009
White Hart Lane
From F365: Pochettino organised Ferguson meeting; Spurs relaxed

Tottenham remain unconcerned by Mauricio Pochettino’s meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson as it was done at the request of the Argentinian.

Pochettino has verbally agreed a new five-year deal with Spurs but he and assistant Jesus Perez were pictured leaving a London restaurant with Ferguson, who retains a strong influence at Manchester United and works as a director for the club.

Ferguson expressed his admiration for Pochettino earlier this year, sparking rumours the 44-year-old could be a candidate to take over should Louis van Gaal leave Old Trafford this summer.

Press Association Sport understands, however, that it was Pochettino who set up the get-together with the former United boss and that he was open about it from the start, informing Tottenham last week that the meeting was going to take place.

The pair have spoken before at League Managers Association events and it is believed they organised a few times to meet socially, only to have to cancel due to other commitments.

Sources say Pochettino was determined to keep to the arrangement on this occasion, insisting he had nothing to hide. The fact they met in central London, and in the middle of the day, would certainly suggest there was no intention to keep it secret.

Pochettino revealed on April 29 his verbal agreement over a two-year contract extension until 2021, and said at the time he expected it to be made official within a few days.

Tottenham remain relaxed about the delay and believe the deal could be confirmed before Sunday’s final game of the season at Newcastle, although next week may be more likely.

After announcing his plan to stay at White Hart Lane almost two weeks ago, Pochettino cited Ferguson as an example of the rewards longevity can bring.

“Sir Alex Ferguson is a very special person. He was given the security to build his legacy at Manchester United,†Pochettino said.

“But I believe we are special too and we can build it here together.â€

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I used to find myself rooting for Everton. They were really likeable with a few good players here and there. They are truly awful now and it makes no sense. They have big names all over the pitch but good grief, they are really, really bad. I wish they could be relegated instead of Newcastle. Newcastle at least play like the players have met each other before. There is no cohesion at all from this Everton team now.

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
I used to find myself rooting for Everton. They were really likeable with a few good players here and there. They are truly awful now and it makes no sense. They have big names all over the pitch but good grief, they are really, really bad. I wish they could be relegated instead of Newcastle. Newcastle at least play like the players have met each other before. There is no cohesion at all from this Everton team now.

the new manager will be a crucial hire/test for Moshiri.

tonight was the first time Everton's away allocation hadn't been sold out in a while.
Martinez really needs to be sacked before Sunday if Kenwright has any sense of compassion for his brilliant, phenomenal current manager.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Decent practice performance. Should be the same starting 11 next Wednesday and Klopp was able to see how those subs would work if playing from behind.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not much drama again on "Championship Sunday" unless you care about who gets the last two EL spots. Championship decided, relegated teams determined and top four is between City/United who both have winnable fixtures, only City is away from home. Arsenal should beat Villa at home to secure 3rd

There really hasn't been in fairness since 2012, yet these networks still hype the day up lol

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

That'll be because the manager is a complete fraud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->