GWT: English Premier League Gameweek 7

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
that was a terrible clearance that lead to that penalty. ball went straight up in he air.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well, they didn't lose, so baby steps I guess.

Simone Zaza is an absolutely awful footballer. How did he even make that Italy squad? Are they that hard up for strikers?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well, they didn't lose, so baby steps I guess.

Simone Zaza is an absolutely awful footballer. How did he even make that Italy squad? Are they that hard up for strikers?

He was trash for the likes of Sassulo but managed to score some goals. Dumb for West ham to sign him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Henderson putting in another very good performance in his new role. He has a really nice cross on him, too.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Today's win was a good sign. Usually the kind of game Liverpool loses without giving up a fight. Instead, Swansea had to run themselves into the ground just to get that one goal lead. Then as professionals do, Liverpool broke them down and picked up the deserved victory. Have to win games even when the team doesn't perform well and that's what happened today.

I'd be stunned if this wasn't a successful team this season. Really would.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
How would you define success for Liverpool this year?

Top four. League Cup final or FA Cup final a bonus.

75-80 points I would consider more than successful. Could see it being better than merely fourth but worse would be hard to digest. Some serious questions would have to be asked of the recruitment policy and of the decision to use Milner at LB (I assume that would be the reason it is worse, if it is).

To be fair, before the season started I didn't think the team would be very good.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad