GWT: English Premier League: 9/16-9/18

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United are playing like a relegation side too. What's wrong with these guys? Heads in their arses just like their manager I guess.

Ibrahimovic and Bailly are the only players that have played at or above expectations. Everyone else has been poor at best. Most have been a disaster.

Shaw, Rashford and suprisingly Fellaini. Mourinho the first manager at United to finally figure out how to properly use him and statistically he's been much better than expected. Terribly today at the end though, like the rest of the team.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Shaw, Rashford and suprisingly Fellaini. Mourinho the first manager at United to finally figure out how to properly use him and statistically he's been much better than expected. Terribly today at the end though, like the rest of the team.

If say Shaw has been what I expected of him.. Rashford too, flashes of brilliance, struggles with consistency, pretty standard for a teenager.

Fellaini has been better yea, and that's coming from a Fellaini hater.

I'd also say Mata has performed above expectations, but that's mainly because my expectations were being sold or rotting on the bench.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

okay, just one more, and I'm out.
too funny..
Cso0c9oWEAEXdH2.jpg

BrcW2nsCIAEiV35.jpg:medium

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Don't know a single Spurs fan that's happy with their start, yet they are 3rd in the league, still haven't lost a match and have only allowed a league low 2 goals in 5 matches.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
tbf they were pretty lucky against Liverpool, but yeah not much to complain about for Spurs. They've been good. Probably deserved a better result against Monaco too.

United is providing a lot of laughs so far. Losing to Feyenoord and Watford right in a row. I love it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Eh, drew at 2nd place Everton and drew at home against Liverpool. Haven't played a totally soft schedule like Man City.

Relegation fodder Stoke and Sunderland. Palace before they got Benteke. Two draws that really should have been losses too. Very soft. the top three teams have had it the easiest for sure.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Stoke have the sort of squad a 13 year old playing Football Manager for the first time would assemble. A nothing club full of impostors under the charge of an extremely angry man called Leslie. It's not a recipe for success.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LMAO, 3 out of 5 games against teams in top 8, but its been a soft schedule...too much...

Stop it.

Bottom two teams and Crystal Palace before they got Benteke (CP lost to WBA the previous week without Benteke too, and haven't lost since he arrived).

Week one is always a crap shoot and Spurs were incredibly lucky to come away with a point vs Liverpool in London.

I think Tottenham had the easiest start besides Everton, and I'm not sure it's debatable.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think Tottenham had the easiest start besides Everton, and I'm not sure it's debatable.

That's ridiculous. Man City has played the teams currently 20th, 19th, 18th, 17th, and 7th. The 4 worst teams and ManU.

They've basically had 4 friendlies and a match against off-form ManU

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's ridiculous. Man City has played the teams currently 20th, 19th, 18th, 17th, and 7th. The 4 worst teams and ManU.

They've basically had 4 friendlies and a match against off-form ManU

An off form Man U that was undefeated going into that game? Right.....

City's start has been a cake walk too, but they beat all of those teams anyway. But sure I will gladly amend my statement that the top three teams have had the easiest schedules. Better?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Man I just looked at Everton's upcoming schedule.

(H)Norwich, (A)Bournemouth, (H)Palace, (A)City, (A)Burnley.

Count a loss against City but the rest aren't too crazy. Could end up with something like 23 or 25 points in their first 10 games.

Granted they'll tank hard after that because they have to play the rest of the PL, but we could honestly see Everton at the top of the table 1/4 of the way through the season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Koeman is a good coach. Everton are going to be a tough team for anyone this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad