GWT: English Premier League: 5/5 - 5/10/2017

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think flanks are less creative, but they have nobody in the box for crosses anyway.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
West Ham (and Bilic specifically) know how to play against Liverpool. This game could not have come at a worse time honestly. They are going to have to dig incredibly deep or they will not finish Top 4.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, it comes at a good time. Appears that Noble and Kouyate are injured too.

How do you figure it's a good time? West Ham have the recipe to hold Liverpool, just as much if not more as Southampton does and Liverpool are horrific in these games. I am terrified.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Noble and Kouyate don't play, they will have to play Fernandes and Nordtveit in midfield. There would never be a better time to play them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes it does. It takes everyone to be quality in their role to park the bus and it's West Ham's last home game of the season so I'm not sure they'd do that anyway.

I disagree. It just make people less expansive and focus more on defending. They had their home game hurrah against Tottenham last week. Going to be troll mode this week.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This season's Liverpool are one of the most inconsistent top sides in history, so there's plenty of reason to be scared. You can't count on any player turning up to play except Clyne, Matip, and Mignolet. Then you have Matip and Lovren as the only players forward at the end of a game that's 1-0. So I'm terrified of this game.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont like this game either but they cant get relegated and they just had a derby. They might not even care.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
People are scared of West Ham? They've been horrendous all season.

It's not WHU that scare me. Its Klopp's inability to beat parked buses combined with Bilic's record against the club. This could easily be another Southampton style 0-0

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There's plenty of reason to be scared of the game, but they have seven players out and Winston Reid is also injured. Liverpool will score at least one goal. I am worried that West Ham will do the same.

You could not pick a better scenario for Liverpool to get three points away from home.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Liverpool can't beat the West Ham B team, they should fold.

If you park the bus, Liverpool are
Going to have a very hard time scoring. This could easily be deja vu of the Southampton game on Sunday.

Also Firmino and Lucas are fitness doubts according to Klopp. So that's fun.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This "park the bus" narrative has gone a bit overboard. Lesser teams are going to defend, that's the way it works in every league. If you can't break a team down, well...

West Ham is a counter-attacking team and that's how they've burned Liverpool these last few meetings.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This "park the bus" narrative has gone a bit overboard. Lesser teams are going to defend, that's the way it works in every league. If you can't break a team down, well...

West Ham is a counter-attacking team and that's how they've burned Liverpool these last few meetings.

Well look at Southampton. They played completely different tactically vs Liverpool than they did vs Arsenal. There is a difference between defending and not trying to play offense.

I am very critical of Liverpool's inability to break teams down. It is a weakness. I am fully expecting a sad 0-0 on Sunday.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It isn't a circus, just Usmanov wasting his time. He knew the answer before he made his bid

Just because he knew his offer would be rejected doesn't mean it was a waste of time. As the article points out, he's also sending a signal about the team's direction ahead of a suspected non-CL finish. Though it might be sad to see another team join the Russian-tycoon model, there's no denying that it can be very successful cf. Chelsea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad