GWT: English Premier League: 5/21/2017

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think you can. A vote of confidence from owners, a new contract and you can talk in some young players to moving.

I mean, that still doesn't make supporters happy, but I'm not sure it impacts their finances in any significant way.

The question is more what do they want to be? Are they ready to be a top 3 or 4 spending club? Can they do that with their current ownership?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
After giving myself 24 hours, I'm now at peace with the fact that Arsenal will never, ever win another Premier League title as long as Kroenke is owner, and will never be Top 4 again with Wenger as manager. Now that we're off to the Thursday Night Cup, maybe we can strive to be the new Sevilla.

I wonder how Ozil and Sanchez will feel when they play in literal war zones across eastern Europe.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The team finished 1 point out of 4th and 3 behind 3rd. That is why it's so dramatic. You'd think they finished miles behind the way some people are talking. evilo made a nice comment about that a week or two ago.

We've got 6 teams competing for 4 spots now. Two teams are going to be disappointed at the end of every season. Before this season started City is the only one I'd have bet on to finish in the top 4 but any order those 6 teams ended up finishing in would not have been surprising to me.

If we lose Sanchez and make a Welbeck like signing as the replacement then I would be pretty surprised to see a return to the top 4 next season. If he stays and they make another signing or two I don't see why finishing 3rd or 4th is out of the realm of possibility.

Kroenke out, definitely. I think everyone agrees with that.

The main issue for me is not that Arsenal finished 1 point of a Champions League spot, it's the fact that they were 18 points behind Chelsea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad