GWT: English Premier League: 2/2 - 2/3/2016

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
You did :D
I haven't commented on the Liverpool fans calling out Sakho the last two weeks saying he's been bad for a long time because you know... I don't care.
He who wants to be blind can believe what he wants.
Or maybe they skipped/forgot the United game, which can be convenient :)

What would be your starting CB pairing for France in Euro 2016 ?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I really enjoy martial

What a fantastic player

I don't care how much United paid for him, he's been great. He's so fun to watch.

Yesterday was as fun as I've had watching since last season. Hopefully someone drugged Van Looney cause when he sees we lost the possession battle.....hooo boy. Some changes are coming.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Varane/Sakho.
Zouma as 3rd CB since I don't rate Koscielny better than these 3.
That's obviously if DD continues to ignore Laporte.

Good answer :)

#halamadrid

cVarane_realmadridnews.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You did :D
I haven't commented on the Liverpool fans calling out Sakho the last two weeks saying he's been bad for a long time because you know... I don't care.
He who wants to be blind can believe what he wants.
Or maybe they skipped/forgot the United game, which can be convenient :)

Or maybe you're conveniently using one of the only games he's actually played well in this season to justify your position?

Sakho has not been very good this season and has been incredibly inconsistent in his entire tenure with Liverpool. Everyone hates on Lovren and Lovren has been clearly better than Sakho this season.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
No way do I take the current Sakho over Koscielny and certainly not for a tournament as big as the Euro.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Or maybe you're conveniently using one of the only games he's actually played well in this season to justify your position?
Which is? I haven't stated my position on Sakho's play the last month, contrary to you.
Your is that he's sucked for over a month (which is, with you, starting to include the entire season) and yet you're conviniently forgetting a game which is two weeks old.
Weird.
And even weirder is your response.

Sakho has not been very good this season and has been incredibly inconsistent in his entire tenure with Liverpool. Everyone hates on Lovren and Lovren has been clearly better than Sakho this season.

Again, one month is not a season. Lovren was disastrous from august to december included. Sakho was easily better during that stretch (well I would have been better).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No way do I take the current Sakho over Koscielny and certainly not for a tournament as big as the Euro.
Not me. And Sakho doesn't disappoint with France either. Heck we reached the WC because of him.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Somebody on Reddit made a ranking of teams from easiest to toughest remaining fixture list. Doesn't take into account extra cup ties or potential European competitions.
Ranking based on average point totals of future opponents.

The full list (from easiest schedule to hardest) is as follows:
Liverpool
Stoke
Newcastle
Everton
Leicester (!)
Southampton
Man City
Spurs
Norwich
Arsenal
Chelsea
Watford
Crystal Palace
Bournemouth
Man United
West Ham
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Swansea
West Brom

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool have played their hardest part of the schedule already. The trouble is they're just dead tired.

The amount of matches on 6 or 7 of the central players is absurd.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

He hasn't been great for Liverpool, but that's not the whole story. He has a better understanding with Varane (who also covers for him) and has a better keeper behind him. He also has more defensively sound players in other areas, so it minimizes the pressure he's faced.

He should be in the starting lineup for France, and I expect he will be.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't care how much United paid for him, he's been great. He's so fun to watch.

Yesterday was as fun as I've had watching since last season. Hopefully someone drugged Van Looney cause when he sees we lost the possession battle.....hooo boy. Some changes are coming.

Probably more a case of Carrick starting and Mata playing as 10 and also Stoke not parking the bus.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Your is that he's sucked for over a month (which is, with you, starting to include the entire season) and yet you're conviniently forgetting a game which is two weeks old.

Where did I forget any game of his? I've given him his credit when he's played well. I want him to play well, so it's not really weird at all. He has been inconsistent and generally poor for most of the season. You can count the actual good games he's had this season on one hand.

Again, one month is not a season. Lovren was disastrous from august to december included. Sakho was easily better during that stretch (well I would have been better).

Lovren wasn't disastrous, and Sakho wasn't much better if at all. Lovren had 3 or 4 really bad games at the beginning of the season, but he has responded to it by turning it around and becoming our best CB. Sakho has had maybe 1 good game for every 4 average or poor games this season and that's from the beginning to now.

Mind I don't think it's an easy job to be a Liverpool defender with Mignolet behind and Moreno on the side, but some of the mistakes both have made are right down to either poor decision making or poor concentration.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Leicester next two matches at City and Arsenal. They drew with City and lost to Arsenal in the reverse fixtures. I'd take those results again as an Arsenal fan.

If Leicester can steal 2 or 3 points from these two matches (tough task, I know), they'll have a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing.

After the Arsenal match, they may have the easiest remaining schedule in the PL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This was the year for Arsenal though

The last three season have been calling for Arsenal.

As every day goes by, as every season goes by, the time is slipping more and more for the Wenger supporters.

Personally enough is enough, and has been for the past 3-5 seasons. This was the Arsenal where they would competing year after year as EPL contenders. Look at the team now, we have to hope that the other teams suck just to have a chance of winning the dang thing. He has zero plot, zero desire to spend, zero identity, and is just time for a change.

And then with Wenger's selfishness, we let one of the better free agent managers who wanted to coach in England leave to a rival. You seriously cannot make this stuff up.

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Two of their last three are away to United and Chelsea though. Tough places to pick up three points if they're going to need them.

Normally, sure.

Especially not this year in London, and more so if Chelsea has nothing to play for. At the beginning of the season, an away game at Chelsea for the final fixture would have looked dreary for Leicester and their chances to stay up. Not looking so scary now, with Chelsea's 4 home wins on the season.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Watford pretty much 1-2 wins away from safety, and I expected them to be safe at the start of the season, never bought into the nonsense from the British press that they bought too many players with lack of Premier League experience, they have a solid squad with success elsewhere and an ambitious owner

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Because you can't be dominant without your team winning?:laugh:

You're certainly not consistant when you only talk about one side of the medal.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=112331853&postcount=70
He was particulary solid in that game against United.
Of course some short-memory guys here are saying he's sucked for months, and yet only two weeks back he was great against United.
Didn't feel the need to comment on it until you once again got back on Sakho's case after one single play to say he's a "travesty of a footballer".

Maybe in Scotland...

EDIT : best mark for both teams field players :
http://www.skysports.com/football/liverpool-vs-man-utd/341400

I'd rather have Andrew Considine in my team tbh

And I don't know why you'd want him (especially in his/Liverpool's present form) anywhere near the French team in the summer, never mind in a world where Varane/Zouma/Koscielny exist.

I'd also say that if he was good in that game (which I didn't see since I was at work) then it doesn't say much about his consistency. It doesn't say much either if he was the best player against a team as poor as Man United were then. You know why I don't rate him and I certainly don't see him changing that aspect of his game given he'll be 26 in a week. For whatever he does well it always seems to be negated by him looking as if he's never seen a football in his life the rest of the time. Him falling on his arse multiple times on Tuesday is just an example of what encapsulates him as a player.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Just watched the highlights. The book has been out on Liverpool for awhile now. They are helpless against any ball in the air, whether it's on a set piece or a ball lobbed up the field.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Or we could actually take how stuff actually happened into consideration:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/203162-lovren-claims-december-player-of-the-month-prize

Since Klopp came in, Lovren has been easily the best defender for the reds, and maybe the best player overall.

Lovren's resurgence began when he came back from injury in November and Klopp was there.
He actually got a player of the month nomination from the League for November.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/liverpool-fc-defender-dejan-lovren-10577735

Sort of bummed West Ham had all those injuries, 3-4 points more and they'd be in the hunt for CL proper. This way it's an uphill climb.

Massive game for on Saturday, ManCity - Leicester.
And if Leicester wins that one - which I wouldn't be surprised with - well...
Would Leicester winning the EPL be the biggest surprise in any football league ever? At least in recent memory?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->