GWT: English Premier League: 2/2 - 2/3/2016

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Klopp was noble to not comment on Liverpool doing nothing in the January window, but in the summer either Liverpool will make massive changes or he'll go on a rampage. This squad is nowhere near good enough.

At least our priorities now are clearly the cups, and the team has done a good job managing results in those.

Then the first few months of next season are wasted as players adjust, whether it is to being new at Liverpool or the EPL as a whole. No doubt at least a few of major signings won't even get proper pre-season, whether because of the Euro's or because they'll be signed after the season starts.

January was the perfect time for Liverpool because they have just got their manager. Pay the premium, get the players in and look to hit the ground running at the start of next season.

The only legit talent they have IMO are Henderson and Coutinho.

And they sacked the guy that identified Henderson because he was initially deemed to be a waste of cash :laugh:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Is it possible to clone suarez?

:laugh:

Luis-suarez-clone.jpg

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They wasted money because they're trying to find value in the market with no real proven scouting team or strategy.

At some point if you can't scout well or recruit, you have to pay the prices.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They went toe to toe with the most in-form team in the league on the road for 50 mins. I don't get the overreaction from Liverpool fans. :sarcasm:

The thing is on the whole the play is not bad they just have no penetration. They are toothless. A lot of midfielders that can create decently but nobody that can put the ball in the net consistently.

Of the current team I think there are plenty of good qualities, but until we have any real goal scoring threat all of that will be overlooked and played around. Everyone will look better once we have a player or two that can be a consistent goal threat.

Guys like Firmino, Coutinho and Henderson are great and can be elite. Can is still young with a lot of potential. Origi, Ibe, Markovic and Grujic should be ones to watch as well who have all shown glimpses of great potential. Having some role players in the squad is not a bad thing, but we need a consistent goal scorer and a keeper.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
its still tight but Arsenal fall from 1st to 4th in a span of a few weeks :laugh:

Really starting to think Leicester will clinch top four, doubt they can win the title but the gap between them and United in 5th is now 10 points.

Big win for Bournemouth while Swansea nearly got all three at the Hawthorns but WBA scored in the 90th minute.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Klopp was noble to not comment on Liverpool doing nothing in the January window, but in the summer either Liverpool will make massive changes or he'll go on a rampage. This squad is nowhere near good enough.

At least our priorities now are clearly the cups, and the team has done a good job managing results in those.

I hope he guts the squad personally. The Midfield is **** and offers nothing going forward. Hasn't for weeks. The defense is abysmal. We have no teeth up front but atleast with that we can excuse it via injury.

This is a mid table team right now as it is. I really hope he cleans house. Pathetic.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Should have Arsenal scored? Probably, but some absolutely amazing goaltending by Forster. Southampton and Swansea have Arsenal's number. All the Arsenal fans are now turning on Wenger after one game. Gooners are the biggest bi-polar fanbase in England. At least I've stuck to my guns and wanted Wenger out for the last couple of seasons. Majority of this fanbase, majority in England go crazy after these type of games and want everyone fired. :laugh:

Superb goal by Vardy, two plays is all that happened to head in the back of the net. One clearance and one bounce to set up the volley, beautiful skill. And Liverpool. :laugh: Great job by Sakho on the first goal and beautiful intelligent defending by Lovren on the second. :laugh:

I love Liverpool!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This was the year for Arsenal though

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Mamadou Sakho Greggy Overload Watch: He's looking out his dome wax

What an utter travesty of a footballer

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sakho has been quite poor of late. Should try Caulker/Lovren going forward for a bit. Give Sakho a bit of time to either rest whatever is bothering him or get a better perspective on the game.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I really enjoy martial

What a fantastic player

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Won't even answer. Ceremony DID hide pretty well when I pointed that Sakho was dominant in a game the other week.
The only times he crawls back from under his Sakho rock is when he has one bad play a game.
I'll not have you suggesting I've been anything but consistent in declaring Sakho to be utterly useless. I did miss this, however. What game?

Ed - I should add that the last time Liverpool won a game in which Sakho played was December, so 'dominant' probably isn't the word you should use.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'll not have you suggesting I've been anything but consistent in declaring Sakho to be utterly useless. I did miss this, however. What game?

Ed - I should add that the last time Liverpool won a game in which Sakho played was December, so 'dominant' probably isn't the word you should use.

Because you can't be dominant without your team winning?:laugh:

You're certainly not consistant when you only talk about one side of the medal.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=112331853&postcount=70
He was particulary solid in that game against United.
Of course some short-memory guys here are saying he's sucked for months, and yet only two weeks back he was great against United.
Didn't feel the need to comment on it until you once again got back on Sakho's case after one single play to say he's a "travesty of a footballer".

Maybe in Scotland...

EDIT : best mark for both teams field players :
http://www.skysports.com/football/liverpool-vs-man-utd/341400

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You did :D
I haven't commented on the Liverpool fans calling out Sakho the last two weeks saying he's been bad for a long time because you know... I don't care.
He who wants to be blind can believe what he wants.
Or maybe they skipped/forgot the United game, which can be convenient :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad