GWT: English Premier League: 12/5 - 12/7/2015

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
These weekly threads are about football and not the people in here who talk about it. I'm going to progress to infractions extremely quickly if this keeps up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you can't detect that the Allen/Xavi comment was tongue in cheek because of Rodgers calling him that I can't help you.

...and again, yeah, nothing wrong with being optimistic about finishing top 4 and winning a trophy this year with how we've been playing against teams that don't sit 10 behind the ball.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Liverpool won't finish above Leicester City this year.

It's not impossible

Leicester is a great story, but they don't have much depth and it's gonna be interesting to see how they will hold up during the 2nd half of the season.

Not to mention they are 1 or 2 injuries away from dropping points.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Vardy and Mahrez can't keep this up all season. Even without those two getting injured the goals will dry up at some point. They have scored 24 of the 32 league goals Leicester have scored this season.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I wouldn't call anyone in the top 7-8 teams out of it yet.

This league is parity at its best right now. It's decidedly average across the board.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Anyone who thinks anything is set in stone is foolish.

There is a long way to go. We aren't even through the Christmas period. The numbers of teams who were in the top 4 (or around there) and fallen off isn't a short one.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, comparing them to SAF's Man U is a little over the top.

Yeah, because I said they were winning the title and running away with it.

All I said was they had seemed to be able to just plug guys in like those teams did. That's the most vivid example of a manager who could just call on a guy who hadn't played in weeks and he would produce that I can remember.

Heck, I think if you look at what SAF has said to the papers, he actually would agree with me.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Anyone who thinks anything is set in stone is foolish.

There is a long way to go. We aren't even through the Christmas period. The numbers of teams who were in the top 4 (or around there) and fallen off isn't a short one.

Fairly certain at this point last year West Ham and Southampton were top 4. Gonna be a very interesting finish. Obviously I'm bias as a Spurs fan, but I'd love some fresh teams in the top 4. Even if that means Leicester taking a potential spot in the champions league I could live with that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fairly certain at this point last year West Ham and Southampton were top 4. Gonna be a very interesting finish. Obviously I'm bias as a Spurs fan, but I'd love some fresh teams in the top 4. Even if that means Leicester taking a potential spot in the champions league I could live with that.

I could see the top 4 being City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham this year with United and Leicester in 5th and 6th respectively.

I mean realistically there are 23 games to go so anything could happen, but Tottenham have looked very nice so far.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
It's not impossible

Leicester is a great story, but they don't have much depth and it's gonna be interesting to see how they will hold up during the 2nd half of the season.

Not to mention they are 1 or 2 injuries away from dropping points.

Chelsea had zero depth last year and they won the title playing in more competitions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad