GWT: English Premier League: 12/19 - 12/21/2015

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
Still pretty though. :laugh:

I remember Thierry Henry's goal vs Man. City in 2004 at Highbury. That was a deliberate snipe with no surprises at the end. It's too early but tonight Arsenal opened a case for winning the Premier League.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
City are pathetic. Last 25 minutes and Arsenal were happy to give City as much possession as they wanted because they didn't have any urgency or penetration with the play. Took a special goal from Touré until City actually created a couple of half-chances.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Great Hope Sakho also covering himself in glory throughout the match I see

Utterly, utterly hopeless

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Remember when Skrtel was better than Koscienly? :sarcasm: Good times....

First off I will say that I absolutely disliked how Man City played. This wasn't ****in rugby you ********. At least Arsenal's superior-ly talented club destroyed this team in the end. Beautiful goal by Yaya though, completely unstoppable. And the best part is that Centre Back of the Year in La Liga last year....Otamendi got abused by Giroud all night long. He had to hit him from behind on a cheap shot to take out his frustration.

Aaron Ramsey, the lad is just playing out of his mind. Easily was the MOTM for me and the amount of work he put in at both ends of the pitch was simply outstanding.

Oezil, nothing needs to be said, his stats say everything about him. Assisted on both goals tonight.

Campbell was also fantastic, I still think he's underwhelming when he's in the final stretch between him and the goal....but the amount of plays he created with his work rate and dribbling was really a treat to watch.

Ozil/Ramsey will rock it.
You know your football.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Big win for Arsenal. Still dont know why they dont bring in a true defense midfielder.

As far as Liverpool is concerned, all I would like to see them do is learn how to competently defend over these next 20 games. Qualifying for Europa League would be nice too. Ideally Klopp would bring in a few of his players but I wont get really excited about this team until he has a summer implementing his style.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Big win for Arsenal. Still dont know why they dont bring in a true defense midfielder.

Rumors are hot on Wanyama. He'd be a solid add, but they really should've found a way to make it work with Schneiderlin.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Arsenal look a real shout for the title this season. I'd say it's in part down to some of the other sides not performing as expected or rather as they should (City under Pellegrini for years now). Still Arsenal have the quality and experience to win. Their defense would be a concern, but then look at the defenses of the other clubs and it's not such a big deal.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Arsenal look a real shout for the title this season. I'd say it's in part down to some of the other sides not performing as expected or rather as they should (City under Pellegrini for years now). Still Arsenal have the quality and experience to win. Their defense would be a concern, but then look at the defenses of the other clubs and it's not such a big deal.[/QUOTE]

top 3 LB in Monreal
TOP 2 RB in Bellarin
top 3 CB in Kos
TOP 3 GK in Cech...

our defense is fine when our CM provide cover for Big Mert.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Arsenal look a real shout for the title this season. I'd say it's in part down to some of the other sides not performing as expected or rather as they should (City under Pellegrini for years now). Still Arsenal have the quality and experience to win. Their defense would be a concern, but then look at the defenses of the other clubs and it's not such a big deal.[/QUOTE]

top 3 LB in Monreal
TOP 2 RB in Bellarin
top 3 CB in Kos
TOP 3 GK in Cech...

Hence my saying "but then look at the defenses of the other clubs." Their defense stacks up, in England.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hence my saying "but then look at the defenses of the other clubs." Their defense stacks up, in England.

One of the best CBs in la Liga (Otamendi) look terrible in the EPL so far. But agreed, the CB class of current EPL teams are really weak.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One of the best CBs in la Liga (Otamendi) look terrible in the EPL so far. But agreed, the CB class of current EPL teams are really weak.

I'm not going to defend Otamendi here as my thoughts on him were clear during the draft when he was being vastly overrated as I noted at the time. That said a lot of players at City aren't looking their best right now which for me points to Pellegrini.

I think the pool of good CBs isn't that deep as it is and the best simply aren't concentrated in the Premiership. In fact most of them are concentrated at clubs who wouldn't be willing to part with their CBs at the moment, or at least not their better ones, thus leaving not much left to choose from. I think identifying the best young CBs is crucial right now so that you can sign them up before anyone else does, which actually is already happening anyway.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

top 3 LB in Monreal
TOP 2 RB in Bellarin
top 3 CB in Kos
TOP 3 GK in Cech...

You know the league is weak in defense when those players are top2 or top3 in their positions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->