Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
what mahrez has done to azpilicueta tonight is criminal

**** off we can't score.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
kante has been unreal tonight, but should probably have a yellow for accumulation by now.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
MFQDyYy.gif

This mastermind can get a point next Saturday, I think.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I will say that Chelsea didn't lose because of a lack of talent. Yes I do find a lot of their players overrated, but they easily have the quality to win, or at least tie the game today. What I saw was individuals versus a team. Leicester moved beautifully throughout the pitch, their fluidity and motion together showed why they're winning the league. They moved as a team and each pass was for a purpose. Chelsea had more of the possession, but I got the sense that each pass was because the players were under pressure. I never once saw a team aspect, and I believe that is one of the reasons why they're next to relegation.

This is probably in a sense majority of Moaninho's fault. Some of it is definitely on the players, what I saw from Zouma today was pathetic. But its the manager's job to motivate these guys and they looked absolutely uninterested. The best player today for them was Remi coming off the bench and dude doesn't really have a ton of talent. Just like how Robbie Mustoe said on NBCSN, "never has Mourinho actually built a consistent winning club". This Chelsea team was made to do that, but he doesn't have the ability." Now what Chelsea will do is spend Man United absurd ******** money for a CB like Stones, but will Stones even want to transfer now? Will Everton even want to sell him until the summer? And throwing loads amount of money isn't even the answer either, their transfer history shows the amount of busts they have bought.

I've seen dozens.

Just no fluidity with Chelsea here. I watch Arsenal, and see Monreal/Bellerin provide width along with great movement, passes, crosses, etc. Ivanovic/Azpilicueta are doing absolutely nothing here. I've seen Chelsea 6-7 times, and it's always the same.

The only guy you really can't harp on here is Costa and I guess Willian. Costa is getting zero service.

Fans of Oscar here, what is his purpose exactly? He does zero in attack. Absolutely nothing. He's terrible.
Agreed. Even agreed that Costa isn't getting any service, but he isn't helping his case either. The dude just has the wrong mindset. Look at him and a star hockey player that is offensively snake-bitten. The hockey player normally says you need to simplify your game and work your ass off to get back to where you were. Costa on the other hand is CONSTANTLY crying to the refs, he always turns his face to tell them that "I deserve a free kick". There is an ocean of arrogance in his personality where it will hold him back from being truly great. Granted I don't watch a lot of BBVA, but I honestly cannot remember a time I have ever seen Messi turn and cry to the ref. Then after his constant starring games with the ref, he gets in fights with other players. EPL is a league where you will normally see 110% effort and physicality from lesser known teams defenders. They play a more physical style because they lack the talent, and because of this, every ****in time, in every game...he always trash talks or butt heads with one player to deserve a booking. I would say that is the most consistent part of his game, getting in fights more than his goal scoring ability. Then look at what he did to Mourinho last weekend when he didn't start. He got pissed off that he wasn't playing, not because he wants to help the team, but because he thinks he "deserves" to play. Sometimes you need to be humble and worry about yourself to get out of a funk. Costa is backwards in this philosophy, he cares too much about himself, and then gets more arrogant when things aren't going right.

I look at how Per Mertesacker is in our starting XI and I kind of shake my head in disbelief. It's really the only thing that I see as a negative, but it is a massive one. Everything else is fine. He can be the difference between winning a trophy, and walking away with nothing. Regardless of how well everything else is running.
Agreed times a billion. I would like to also add that I would blame him for the injury trouble as well. It has to be his regiment, too many injuries for far too long under his belt. Just look at what he did to freakin' Sanchez, who was minor injured before he played him. His stubbornness is what gets the best out of him. Like another negative is his ability to trust Arteta and Flamini as backup CDMs (when neither of them were never to begin with in their entire career).

I conclude that I believe there are two important halves of Wenger, the one where he started as manager and got the club to where it is now. And the second one is the build up of stubbornness with old age where there are obviously problems to the club that he turns a blind eye on. The latter is the Wenger Gunner fans have had to deal with for the past 6-7 years or so. Again, you don't put stale milk back in the refrig, you throw it away.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
"top four gone now?"

mou: "yes, clearly yes."

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Chelsea hasnt been the same since they got Kane'd on New Years day. Cant believe they are this bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad