GWT: English Premier League: 12/12 - 12/14/2015

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I went to enjoy the beautiful weather here right after the 2nd goal was conceded. Still gained a point on United though. Terrible performance still.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love this modern version of Liverpool! Quiet stadium for 90% of the game, which Klopp has to personally motivate, which then the fans are chanting and going crazy……………just for a 2-2 draw against West Brom. :laugh: Please, never change! :laugh:

Arsenal dominated the first half, but really good response by Villa in the second half. Cech has definitely stolen a couple games so far this season for us. But I would argue that his calm and experienced demeanor has been way more important for this club than any save he has needed to make.

OX had a superb start to the season, but you can see that he’s not there yet for consistent first team minutes. I think his biggest problem still to this date has to be his tunnel vision, and he won’t become the player we all expect to be until he figures this out. Like today, he had an open Oezil to his left during a counterattack close to the end of the game, where he just took it in himself and got it blocked. Wasted opportunity.

Holy cow has Ramsey been just freakin’ amazing in that BxB role. I wonder if Cazorla being out for the rest of the year (I believe) is actually a blessing in disguise. I am saying this not because Santi sucks, I hate seeing players injured, but I guarantee that Wenger would have probably put Ramsey back in that RW spot when he returns. :facepalm: I would really like to see Cazorla in that RW spot and see how he does there a couple of games, because I personally believe he has the talent and IQ to make the most happen with a new position. It will be interesting though, because every season ending injury does beat your body and he’s getting up there with age. I want to keep him though, absolutely love him.

Other EPL
Really rare, but extremely poor goaltending from Lloris on Newcastle’s second goal.

Sucks for Lovren, truly does, but that tackle wasn’t vicious or malicious. Just two lads giving 100% effort going after the ball. It’s just unfortunate that one of them got seriously (well it seems like) injured.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
When do you think Mignolet will actually get terminated?

I know Klopp said he wouldn't do much in the winter window so he can see what he has, but I think they should look for a new keeper ASAP. Mignolet has some atrocious judgement and communication skills. I don't know how on earth they didn't know about that when they brought him in. If they did, that's even worse.

Klopp was not happy with Tony Pulis. Did not shake hands.

Klopp-Pulis_3525456b.jpg

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Im not pissed off about these results these past two weekends. It is the fact that the club decided to hold onto Rodgers after 6-1. If they really wanted Klopp, than why not hire him in June? Only excuse I give them is that KKlopp wanted to take a few months off, if that is the case so be it. Cause they wasted a summer window and 2 months of the season under Rodgers.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Agreed 856. In a vacuum dropping points to Newcastle and WBA sucks. But in the big picture the team just finished a busy 18 days (six games).

As for waiting until they did to bring in Klopp, I have no clue.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know Klopp said he wouldn't do much in the winter window so he can see what he has, but I think they should look for a new keeper ASAP. Mignolet has some atrocious judgement and communication skills. I don't know how on earth they didn't know about that when they brought him in. If they did, that's even worse.

Klopp was not happy with Tony Pulis. Did not shake hands.

Klopp-Pulis_3525456b.jpg

Indeed. I think the issue is that Mignolet came from a spot where all he had to do was rely on his shot stopping which is admittedly fantastic. The real problem with him in a team that is looking to dominate the ball and play positive football is that his decisions are ****, he has no confidence, he can't communicate and he's just generally a poor footballer.

Put him on any side that just sits back and defends deep and he'll look like a quality keeper.

We need someone better, truthfully.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
See what about I meant with Liverpool fans overreacting again after a run of positive results?

It'll obviously change once Klopp has a few windows to move guys in/out, but bam. Reality check. Liverpool don't suck, and Liverpool really aren't that great either. Europe won't happen this year.

Tomorrow is a win-win for Arsenal fans. You either watch Chelsea lose, or end matchday 16 on top!!! Positives all around.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So I haven't watched the matches, but I noticed that Ramsey has been moved back to a CM spot the past three matches and has had a combined 2 goals and 2 assists in those matches. Can't believe Wenger doesn't play him there exclusively.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
See what about I meant with Liverpool fans overreacting again after a run of positive results?

It'll obviously change once Klopp has a few windows to move guys in/out, but bam. Reality check. Liverpool don't suck, and Liverpool really aren't that great either. Europe won't happen this year.

Tomorrow is a win-win for Arsenal fans. You either watch Chelsea lose, or end matchday 16 on top!!! Positives all around.

Didn't Arsenal just lose to West Brom?

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Didn't Arsenal just lose to West Brom?

After a decade of following Arsenal, I've learned to temper my expectations and not get ahead of things. Even now with us in first, despite all the injuries, I'm still lukewarm about everything.

Although, I legitimately have something to be excited about with Arsenal and how well Ozil/Ramsey are doing. Having Cech in the back there might finally legitimize our title hopes.

Also don't really understand why people keep on bringing up the point of the teams at the top of the table dropping points. The depth of the teams in the EPL may be at it's strongest and it seems like every team has a guy or two that can turn the game for their teams. It is what it is.

Btw, Liverpool is behind Watford, Crystal Palace, and West Ham, you folk were talking like you were title contenders and Europe was an automatic. That's why I said what I said.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You can't say you've tempered your expectations after you said you would take your squad hands down over any other in England not even a week ago

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Cesc and Pedro benched? why?

do you want to see mahrez and vardy running at cesc?

also, i'm not a big fan of willian, because a guy who gets in as good positions as he does should produce more goals.

but he's magically learned how to take free kicks, so now it'd be criminal to take him out.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
do you want to see mahrez and vardy running at cesc?

also, i'm not a big fan of willian, because a guy who gets in as good positions as he does should produce more goals.

but he's magically learned how to take free kicks, so now it'd be criminal to take him out.
fair point, but how do you expect Chelsea to create with Ramires in his place?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->