GWT: English Premier League: 12/12 - 12/14/2015

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Yeah, Pedro really sucks. Only player on the field for Chelsea who's playing good passes.

It's statements like this that make me doubt people's abilities to actually rate guys. Pedro is an average footballer. That's it. There are countless examples of it, and he has a track record of being really average. That's totally fine, nothing wrong with it. I wish I could play the sport like him.

But he does not have positive impacts on games and is trivial in the grand scheme of things. He's irrelevant and expecting anything but him covering for guys as depth, is just insane.

And seriously Chelsea fans, what is Oscar's purpose? Dude creates zero in attack.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester is a squad playing like a team. They are a well oiled machine with an insane level of fitness. Chelsea is playing like a bunch of individuals who are having a temper tantrum. It's a complete shift from last season when they were one of the most organized and disciplined teams in the league. It's clear Mourinho has completely lost the team and needs to go.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mourinho needs to make changes and not just shuffling players.

Yeah, Pedro really sucks. Only player on the field for Chelsea who's playing good passes.

Not to mention he assisted the only goal with a very nice cross.

It's statements like this that make me doubt people's abilities to actually rate guys. Pedro is an average footballer. That's it. There are countless examples of it, and he has a track record of being really average. That's totally fine, nothing wrong with it. I wish I could play the sport like him.

But he does not have positive impacts on games and is trivial in the grand scheme of things. He's irrelevant and expecting anything but him covering for guys as depth, is just insane.

And seriously Chelsea fans, what is Oscar's purpose? Dude creates zero in attack.

Posts like all of yours make me doubt your understanding of the sport itself. Pedro isn't an average footballer by any stretch. He doesn't remotely have a track record of being average either. On top of that he's had positive impacts on multiple matches throughout his career, including Cup Finals like the CL Final where he scored the opening goal against Man Utd to name but one example.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
the remedy is kenedy

Nope. Not even close. By the time their attacking players get the ball, there's a swarm of defenders in front of them and nobody can break that down. The goal today, was from a great cross when they were able to get men forward quickly. A brand new defense is the remedy. Chelsea doesn't cycle the ball up to their attackers remotely quickly enough and they started leaking goals this season to go with that. Zouma has potential but I think this game made it readily apparent he's not a starting quality defender for anything other than a mid-table team in this league yet. The Vardy goal, it was almost a joke the lack of tracking of Vardy's run going on there.

They're also heavily reliant on a forward in Costa who very obviously wants to be back in Madrid. Not enough dynamism in their midfield three either. Obviously Chelsea has a load of problems.

The only reason I can think they're keeping Mourinho around is to restructure that defense. The problem is that he's an absolute ****, blaming the players for everything. I don't think it's a certainty that they stay in the top flight keeping him around with these same players through the end of the season. The likes of River Plate have gone down before. Sure it would be shocking, but a team is what it is.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mourinho saying Hazad left on his own, so he must be "severely" injured...

:biglaugh: Keep it up Jose !

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He had to have been because Hazard 7 months ago is fighting through that. Literally injured himself when he fell to the ground because vardy didn't do **** lol

Wasn't being serious about Kenedy being the solution to all our problems. But he deserves a chance because he's been our best payer every time he's played lol

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Mourinho saying Hazad left on his own, so he must be "severely" injured...

:biglaugh: Keep it up Jose !

Did you watch the post-match interview or are you going off reports from l'Equipe that are misleading and making assumptions?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Considering Hazard gets tackled a **** load and never goes off, yeah, I'd say him asking to be taken off means he must have really hurt himself.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Did you watch the post-match interview or are you going off reports from l'Equipe that are misleading and making assumptions?

No, I read the newspapers.

You mean he didn't say it?
Because he did, and OBVIOUSLY, a player will understand between the lines here.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The only reason I can think they're keeping Mourinho around is to restructure that defense. The problem is that he's an absolute ****, blaming the players for everything.

I think the reason is more that there's no one out there to replace him. Mourinho himself even said as much, though he said it differently.

But the latter is also true. It's like a family where the parents are fighting, the kids can't help but react.

I think Abrahamovich thought he could wait it out, but he's going to have to get a bit more creative in terms of finding someone new.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
No, I read the newspapers.

You mean he didn't say it?
Because he did, and OBVIOUSLY, a player will understand between the lines here.

What quote does the player have to "read between the lines here".

2:50 onwards

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And?
You can't see it? :dunno:
The fact he says he made the decision "HIMSELF". "It must be something important".

And manager would have said Hazard was injured, period. Mourinho made it clear it was not his call, and obviously, it wasn't innocent.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
he said it wasn't his call because it wasn't his call

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I dont know about reading the lines here, but Mourinho micromanages a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he implied what Evilo said

But again, only Mou knows

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Just baffling at how bad they are. There is struggling than there is a relegation battle. Have to think the players have quit on him, they cant be this bad.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The thing is that Mourinho has always thrown his players under the bus.

Not that it's as insulting or scary as one might think. Mourinho's bus is always parked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad