GWT: English Premier League: 11/6 - 11/7/2015

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have no problem with Giroud, but when you whine about Cavani and defend Giroud it's quite funny.
Giroud misses easy goals, just like Cavani. Except Cavani scores more, defends more, presses more, is better in every single aspect of the game than Giroud.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I have no problem with Giroud, but when you whine about Cavani and defend Giroud it's quite funny.
Giroud misses easy goals, just like Cavani. Except Cavani scores more, defends more, presses more, is better in every single aspect of the game than Giroud.

Cavani cost 60+ million and is considered as an upper echelon striker despite never really being one. Giroud cost 12 million and constantly gets trashed despite being a good striker.

Had Giroud cost 40-50 million and produced like he has, then I'd be all over him. Just the circumstances that led to their values, reputation, and results, has led me to think what I think.

I haven't really been a fan of anything that's come out of that Napoli team where Lavezzi/Hamsik/Cavani lit it up for a few seasons. Hamsik was the best out of all 3, and he gets the least press out of anybody.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cavani cost 60+ million and is considered as an upper echelon striker despite never really being one. Giroud cost 12 million and constantly gets trashed despite being a good striker.

Had Giroud cost 40-50 million and produced like he has, then I'd be all over him. Just the circumstances that led to their values, reputation, and results, has led me to think what I think.

Which doesn't change the fact Cavani's better in every aspect.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

What's your problem? Don't you know that Cavani shouldn't be defending and pressing. It doesn't matter!

I haven't really been a fan of anything that's come out of that Napoli team where Lavezzi/Hamsik/Cavani lit it up for a few seasons. Hamsik was the best out of all 3, and he gets the least press out of anybody.

Cavani was clearly the best out of all 3. Hamsik used to be well overrated on this forum. It appears he still is.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Which doesn't change the fact Cavani's better in every aspect.

He isn't a better finisher IMO. His first touch isn't really much better. Not sure about movement either. Would Cavani score more goals in Giroud's position? I think that Cavani would probably top out at 15-20 goals anywhere in England.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He isn't a better finisher IMO. His first touch isn't really much better. Not sure about movement either. Would Cavani score more goals in Giroud's position? I think that Cavani would probably top out at 15-20 goals anywhere in England.

Obviously, he's a better finisher.
As numbers prove in fact.

And Cavani would kill it in England, simply for the fact he's arguably the best aerial player on the planet and that crosses are still the #1 offensive option for many EPL teams.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Obviously, he's a better finisher.
As numbers prove in fact.

And Cavani would kill it in England, simply for the fact he's arguably the best aerial player on the planet and that crosses are still the #1 offensive option for many EPL teams.

Numbers prove that he scores more goals, not that he finishes more chances.

I always point to Cavani's performance in big games. He should've scored against Real Madrid last week. And he was embarrassing at Copa America and World Cup without Luis Suarez carrying him around.

Him and Higuain are two "top strikers" that just don't do it for me. They could totally help you win domestic titles, but I'd stay far far away in wanting them in a cup game or international tournament. I assume we all watch the CL and Copa America, WC, EC, etc, so I'm not quite sure how you can disagree with me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cavani has 30 goals in 49 european matches. Higuain has 25 in 82.

How are they even comparable?

As a comparison :
Giroud has 9 goals in 24 games.
Aguero has 39 in 70.

Maybe I'm assuming you watch the CL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sakho reportedly out 6 to 8 weeks.

This is Lovren's chance to show he can work under Klopp.

I think a CB is going to be a priority come January.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sakho reportedly out 6 to 8 weeks.

This is Lovren's chance to show he can work under Klopp.

I think a CB is going to be a priority come January.

It better be.

Liverpool has no cover at any of the defensive positions at all due to the ridiculous loans Rodgers arraigned.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Cavani has 30 goals in 49 european matches. Higuain has 25 in 82.

How are they even comparable?

As a comparison :
Giroud has 9 goals in 24 games.
Aguero has 39 in 70.

Maybe I'm assuming you watch the CL.

Here are the teams that Cavani has scored against in the CL.

- Malmo, Ajax x 3, Chelsea, Apoel x 2, Olympiakos x 2, Anderlecht, Benfica, w Napoli... Villareal, Man City x 3, Chelsea,

And in the EL.

- PSV, AIK, Dnipro x 5, Elfsborg x 2, Steau x 2, Utrecht x 3,

30 goals in 49 games sounds fantastic until you look further into it.

Giroud's 8 goals?

Bayern Munich x 3, Monaco, Napoli, Dortmund, Fenerbache, Schalke.

I never actually noticed how Giroud slays Bayern Munich. Pretty impressive.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And, not quite sure how your demonstration is helping you cause.
That's still a fantastic output and as we can see he still scores against the Chelseas and Citys.

Of course someone is going to score more goals against smaller teams.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
And, not quite sure how your demonstration is helping you cause.
That's still a fantastic output and as we can see he still scores against the Chelseas and Citys.

Of course someone is going to score more goals against smaller teams.

Do you want me to go further and illustrate how he never scores against good clubs or in the knockout stages? He kills against weaker teams, fantastic. Kinda what I've been saying all along.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Do you want me to go further and illustrate how he never scores against good clubs or in the knockout stages? He kills against weaker teams, fantastic. Kinda what I've been saying all along.

Yeah, he scored against Chelsea in last year's knockout round. I suppose this was never. I implore you to stop being so loose with the facts.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Yeah, he scored against Chelsea in last year's knockout round. I suppose this was never. I implore you to stop being so loose with the facts.

He scored 1 goal in the 2 legs against Chelsea, and then zero against Barcelona in the next round. Had nothing in the knockouts the year before against Chelsea. Part of a massive collapse. 0 against Plzen in Europa knockouts. Played like **** for Uruguay in Copa America + WC in knockouts. Etc.

Dudes a good striker, yeah. Nothing more. Not really sure why you guys rate him so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad