GWT: English Premier League: 10/31 - 11/2/2015

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG who wanted Mourinho for a long time have made it clear according to sources that they are not interested in him anymore. Makes sense when you have a president who's soft spoken, respects everyone and wants PSG players and officials to be fair play and make no wave in the media. Not compatible with Jose.

Phew ! Now please Monaco, don't screw up !

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Chelsea were favourites last year because their players were playing up to their potential, and it was before Cesc completely fell off the earth along with Ivanovic and Terry. All three of those players were instrumental in Chelsea being as strong as they were. They are disjointed now because it really affects the team to not have those pillars working as they were, and while their squad is very talented a steep decline in key players caused some very poor form, and with it poor morale. The circus with the doctors and Mourinho didn't help.

Obviously Mourinho isn't getting the best out of them right now, but I still think the players are being whiny primadonnas for acting as they are under him after winning the title just last season as well as the COC.

I have no sympathy for that team though so let the good times roll.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When did I ever say it was luck? I called them the favourites last year before the season and City the favourites this year. I didn't expect as big of a dropoff from Chelsea, but even toward the end of last season you could see the wheels coming off a bit. They were legitimately a strong team (and still are, IMO) but things just aren't working there right now due to a few things mentioned above.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That's actually quite incorrect, I was very angry when they sold Schürrle and said they would regret it. I think I voiced that opinion here, not bothering to search right now

I also know you didn't want Mata gone, but you didn't kick up enough of a fuss. No call for Mourinho's head means no de Bruyne and no Schurrle, no mata what. :D

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Schurrle has been struggling to get into the Wolfsburg starting team in spite of them spending an obscene amount of money on him. That doesn't exactly suggest that Schurrle would be able to make a difference for Chelsea.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not bitter on the Schurrle transfer, though I wouldn't mind him back. Was more upset with Mata and somewhat KdB, but that has a bit of hindsight in it as well.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Schurrle has been struggling to get into the Wolfsburg starting team in spite of them spending an obscene amount of money on him. That doesn't exactly suggest that Schurrle would be able to make a difference for Chelsea.

I think Schurrle's direct nature would be huge for Chelsea right now.

KdB has a lot of hindsight in it. At the time, I thought we had gotten a decent price for him. Mata was heart-breaking but was clear from the get-go that it was going to happen. Schurrle just struck me as being completely nonsensical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad