GWT: English Premier League: 10/31 - 11/2/2015

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
With three of their better players out injured for the season Bournemouth look like prime contenders to go down, no matter how poorly Sunderland/Villa/Newcastle are. You can add Norwich to the relegation mix. Would be surprised if anybody outside those 5 are relegated, though I'm still waiting for Watford to fall back to reality

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Garry Richardson said some players want Mourinho out. One was quoted as saying "I'd rather lose than win for Mourinho".

Didn't take a genius really.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I just don't get it

I still think it's a result of the players not performing, then a clash happening and now the players are moaning.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Eva incident is so ****ing ******** on its own though. I'm pretty sure it was just Jose voicing his frustration with a poor choice of words. But even though there was a male doctor as well, the media took it and run as if it was some sexist comment.

And again.. I do think something could have happened but I can't think of when or why. And that's the confusing part - there's absolutely nothing from the start of the season or the off-season that leads to believe anything happened. The players that are still **** right now have been **** since day one. If things fell out after the first few weeks, it wouldn't shock me. I don't blame Mourinho for what's happened with our best players at all. On the other end of the spectrum, I do blame Mourinho for his squad choices and tactics. It's right now like trying to put a square peg in a round hole because of the way players are performing.

It's not what he said but rather throwing the two doctors out of the team basically. That's the biggest issue.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
It's not what he said but rather throwing the two doctors out of the team basically. That's the biggest issue.

It's not as if they got paid less lol

The only reported day to day change I read was that they weren't the on field medics for games

I really don't think that's going to have an effect on players.

I don't think they should have removed them but it doesn't make any sense to me as to how that's going to effect the players so much.

Money is on that player being Falcao, Hazard or Pedro.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
It's not as if they got paid less lol

The only reported day to day change I read was that they weren't the on field medics for games

I really don't think that's going to have an effect on players.

I don't think they should have removed them but it doesn't make any sense to me as to how that's going to effect the players so much.

Money is on that player being Falcao, Hazard or Pedro.
Why would it be Falcao or Pedro?

Mikel says they're playing for the manager 100%

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

I'm trusting in the reliability of this report, and assuming it has to be someone - I ruled out the guys I think are 100% not going to be these players.

Then again, it probably isn't Falcao or Pedro because I doubt anyone can grow that much hatred in 2-3 months of being at the club lol.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Obviously Mikel, Jose's lapdog, will say anything to defend the manager.

Mourinho is a short-term manager that can be great at a club for short period of time.

This is why I can't put him on the very top of the list of all-time great managers. Top players don't want to play anti-football for long portions of their career.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm trusting in the reliability of this report, and assuming it has to be someone - I ruled out the guys I think are 100% not going to be these players.

Then again, it probably isn't Falcao or Pedro because I doubt anyone can grow that much hatred in 2-3 months of being at the club lol.
Falcao seems to have had quite a positive attitude since joining the club, and got a fair share of playing time. I don't know about Pedro. I did see some sketchy report about how he wishes he was back at Barca, lol.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Obviously Mikel, Jose's lapdog, will say anything to defend the manager.

Mourinho is a short-term manager that can be great at a club for short period of time.

This is why I can't put him on the very top of the list of all-time great managers. Top players don't want to play anti-football for long portions of their career.
He's received backing from many more players than Mikel, not to mention countless managers.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Everything considered, still weird seeing Chelsea in this position. They have the squad to be a top four side right now. I personally still think City under a better manager win the title this season and even last season, but Chelsea should still be in a better spot this season.

I still think Mourinho should employ a 4-3-3 considering the players he has. Get Cesc closer to Costa and the goal. Still there surely other underlying issues. The problem is I can't see Mourinho swallowing his pride as regards anything and so I can't see the situation improving much. The likelihood of him changing his tactics, apologizing for the situation with the physio or even going to the players and getting their input isn't good. Chelsea aren't in a position to go out and improve on Mourinho right now either. Klopp would have been a good option, but that option is gone now.

I'm sure some players aren't happy, but I'm curious as to how the likes of Falcao or Pedro come to mind. Both are new to the team and in Pedro's case even if the story of him regretting joining Chelsea is true, and I'm not so sure about the validity of that report, he's not the type to hide or put in a poor shift. In fact if you followed him last season you'd have seen the exact opposite. He clearly wasn't happy with his playing time, but when he got a chance his approach was "I'll prove him wrong." Anyway, if you're looking at players to point the finger to then who has Mourinho called out this season? I don't know, but I wouldn't put it past Cesc to want Mourinho gone.

If Mou leaves, can we have KdB and Schürrle back?

No. You didn't make enough of a fuss when they left so you can't have them back. ;)

If Hazard is willing to play this way and sulk because of a bit of a bad steak or because he doesn't like his manager then that's a testament his character.

Not only that, it does no one any favors. It hurts the club, the team, the supports and even Hazard. Getting rid of Mourinho might make things better, but a player should never stop putting the effort every match (assuming that's what Hazard is doing).

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
man everyone pegged them as favorites last year

foh with that nonsense lol

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I forgot to mention that there is still plenty of time for Chelsea to move up the table. The season isn't even a third over and they're only ten points off of United. They've played the majority of the usual tougher competitors with only Spurs and United left before the midway point of the season. On top of that they've got some weaker league sides to look forward to coming up. Regardless of what happens I think discussion of relegation is farcical.

Les Habs, Chelsea winning the EPL was as surprising as their form this year.

Look at their starting XI. It ain't that great.

If their starting XI "ain't that great" then perhaps their form this year shouldn't be a surprise. Of course you're wrong and they have plenty of talent. Their supporters have overrated them, but there is still talent there. Mourinho simply isn't getting the best out of that talent.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No kidding. "If City won more games and Chelsea lost more games, City was winning the title last year for sure!" Awesome insight from many members of this board.

City had a better squad in my opinion and have been punching below their weight for a few seasons now.

You should lose the attitude about insight considering your posting history.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
City had a better squad in my opinion and have been punching below their weight for a few seasons now.

You should lose the attitude about insight considering your posting history.
So the team with the best squad on paper every year is the most deserving champion? Chelsea was firing on all cylinders last year. They slowed down in the new year and still no one caught them. Doesn't make them any less worthy. But we can get into a pissing contest over attitude, sure.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So the team with the best squad on paper every year is the most deserving champion? Chelsea was firing on all cylinders last year. They slowed down in the new year and still no one caught them. Doesn't make them any less worthy. But we can get into a pissing contest over attitude, sure.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Where did I say the best squad on paper is the most deserving? Where did I say Chelsea weren't worthy? Oh yeah, I didn't.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Literally just said City had a better squad and they win with a better manager. I misspoke on the "deserved" part. It's just gotten extremely lame to keep hearing about how Chelsea won cause of down years for other teams or other factors.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Literally just said City had a better squad and they win with a better manager. I misspoke on the "deserved" part. It's just gotten extremely lame to keep hearing about how Chelsea won cause of down years for other teams or other factors.

Exactly, which I didn't say.

Well that's the thing, they did win in part because of down years for other teams. That doesn't make their win any less deserving or mean that there were how many other sides that would have beat them. I simply believe that had City a better manager they'd have performed better.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
man everyone pegged them as favorites last year

foh with that nonsense lol

I'd argue that City, Arsenal, and United all had squads that were as good, if not better, than Chelsea's. Those other 3 teams ran into injuries while Chelsea's ancient back line managed to play every game together, and Hazard/Costa/Cesc/Matic were clicking.

They were very opportunistic. I find it pretty frustrating how sports fans always refuse to accept luck playing into results. Everything that happened with Chelsea seemed illogical.

City were the undoubted favourites last year, and then they go out to add Sterling, KDB, Otamendi, and Delph. Chelsea were insanely fortunate, only added Falcao/Pedro, while losing quality in Salah, and Cuadrado this year.

Mourinho and Chelsea let their bloated ego's get to them. They were never really that fantastic to begin with. They have 3 guys that you can really consider world class, the rest are pretty average. They have guys on their starting XI who probably don't crack City/Arsensal.

It just is what it is. Abramovich needs to put in 150+ million into this squad to make it what some of you guys on here think it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->