GWT: English Premier League: 10/2 - 10/3/2015

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think today showed not how good of a team Arsenal is, but how much of a fluke Man United are.

But some breathtaking stuff from Arsenal, sadly Wenger really needed that one. And Oezil didn't disappear!!!!!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think today showed not how good of a team Arsenal is, but how much of a fluke Man United are.

But some breathtaking stuff from Arsenal, sadly Wenger really needed that one. And Oezil didn't disappear!!!!!

Not really. The team just isn't 100% ready when it comes to playing under this system nor is the system even quite finished.

"More than half the team did not do what we agreed in our gameplan"

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

Man United are legit. They pushed last year after a rough start. Last year they had a new manager with new systems, and this year they had a massive turnover.

Pretty spectacular position they are in ATM after week 8.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Chelsea beat a 9 man Arsenal team and also needed an OG for that win. Fantastic.

Arsenal played with nine men for 10 minutes (and both reds were fully deserved). They didn't need an OG to win either, that's not how GWGs work.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chelsea beat a 9 man Arsenal team and also needed an OG for that win. Fantastic.

Arsenal wasn't looking very good even before the red cards.

I know you like to get carried away but I watched the match.

Doesn't mean Chelsea would have automatically won, but it wasn't looking particularly good for Arsenal at that point.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

I was thrilled he scored. But you may have noticed that afterwards he didn't take the chance to make it 2-0, which might have sent City into panic. A striker should be for life, not just highlight reels.

If that sounds like judging him harshly, remember that the team is built to play to him, and he has the debt of a three-game suspension to pay off.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was thrilled he scored. But you may have noticed that afterwards he didn't take the chance to make it 2-0, which might have sent City into panic. A striker should be for life, not just highlight reels.

If that sounds like judging him harshly, remember that the team is built to play to him, and he has the debt of a three-game suspension to pay off.

Heh, I'm not really judging, more trying to be amusing.

Your prior comment had stuck in my mind precisely because of the descriptive quality of it. ;)

arsmaster*

If this game is not enough of an indicator for United to buy a CB in January, I don't know what the hell the board is watching.
United didn't possess the ball one time before the score was 2-0. 6 straight minutes of possession from Arsenal, united touched the ball 3 or 4 times on clearances. Didn't get the ball until 2-0 down. A dominating start.
How the hell did Arsenal manage to lose to Chelsea?
Silly question, it was 0-0 until Dean ruined the game.
Not a lot of guys in the world I would have take a free kick over Eriksen right now. Wow.
Yeah, if the goalie is going to jump out of the way....lol
Lol like Arsenal was gonna win that game.

LOL. took a set piece and 10 men. LOLZ.

arsmaster*

Make all the excuses you want. Arsenal was playing like crap, as usual vs Chelsea.

I'm not making any excuses. The game was even until the stupidity from both teams and officials started.

Instead of worrying about us, I'd suggest delving into the problems at your own club.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not making any excuses. The game was even until the stupidity from both teams and officials started.

Instead of worrying about us, I'd suggest delving into the problems at your own club.
Lol where did I imply I was worried about Arsenal? But alright, I'll stop talking about everything but Chelsea's struggles until they're back in form.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Yeah so deserved that one was rescinded.....and then the other team's player was suspended.

And then banned for a game for improper conduct. The FA always get right. If you think Gabriel didn't deserve that red card, more power to you.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Not really. The team just isn't 100% ready when it comes to playing under this system nor is the system even quite finished.

"More than half the team did not do what we agreed in our gameplan"

Every time Utd. struggle its because of the system. But is it a system or stubbornness from Van Gaal? I know its common in Holland to play with inverted wingers, but why play Depay on the left when Young is available? Mata was being played out of position even before they got Martial and pushed Rooney back to CAM. The Blind-Smalling situation. etc. To blame the system of play on their performance is to have it both ways.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Heh, I'm not really judging, more trying to be amusing.

Your prior comment had stuck in my mind precisely because of the descriptive quality of it. ;)

:laugh: Fair enough.

You have to make allowances for me at the moment because I'd like to set NUFC's entire playing staff on fire; apart from Ayoze Perez, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->