GWT: English Premier League - 1/31 - 2/1

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
This is on Mourinho. Martial should've started. Rashford has never played well when he's started a game on the wing this season and was horrible today.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is on Mourinho. Martial should've started. Rashford has never played well when he's started a game on the wing this season and was horrible today.

For real just play Martial, he's proven he's exponentially better then Rashford on the wing. No reason not to play Martial today either, he had a good game against Hull as well.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Zlatan being a team player?

Not sure the context and I didn't see the chance, but it doesn't look good. It could be worse mind you, but seems a rather unnecessary comment. On the other hand Mata from what I can tell is very supportive of his teammates.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Not sure the context and I didn't see the chance, but it doesn't look good. It could be worse mind you, but seems a rather unnecessary comment. On the other hand Mata from what I can tell is very supportive of his teammates.

Mata definitely should've scored there, he should've aimed high where there was plenty of space. The NBCSN feed commentators were also giving him crap for scoring. That's just Zlatan being Zlatan, brutal honesty. That's how we roll in the Nordic countries.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

On the reddit for United, some of the guys said he was talking about the whole team not taking their chances and wasn't just calling out Mata. I haven't heard the whole thing so I'm not sure if that's correct or not but I'd assume so.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mata definitely should've scored there, he should've aimed high where there was plenty of space. The NBCSN feed commentators were also giving him crap for scoring. That's just Zlatan beign Zlatan, brutal honesty. That's how we roll in the Nordic countries.

:laugh:

On the reddit for United, some of the guys said he was talking about the whole team not taking their chances and wasn't just calling out Mata. I haven't heard the whole thing so I'm not sure if that's correct or not but I'd assume so.

Well the article I linked, and I actually came across it somewhat randomly, quotes him directly. As I noted, I'm not sure of the context as I'm sure he was answering a specific question. I also wouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill with it, but it's still not a wise idea (for a couple of reasons) to make such a comment. I said the same about a Barça director a month or so back.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Well the article I linked, and I actually came across it somewhat randomly, quotes him directly. As I noted, I'm not sure of the context as I'm sure he was answering a specific question. I also wouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill with it, but it's still not a wise idea (for a couple of reasons) to make such a comment. I said the same about a Barça director a month or so back.

I think the fact that this was the second sitter Mata missed inside a week or two might have played into that.

If you want to criticize Zlatan, then it should be about how static his playing is at the moment and how he drops too low too often.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Like I said above, I think it's only part of the quote that they took. Again I didn't hear everything he said post game, but it sounds like he was talking about the whole team not just Mata. Stil probably not that smart but I think it's still somewhat out of context.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think the fact that this was the second sitter Mata missed inside a week or two might have played into that.

If you want to criticize Zlatan, then it should be about how static his playing is at the moment and how he drops too low too often.

Well considering what Mata has done this season it really shouldn't factor in. That's still beside the point.

I'm not really criticizing him much, but to your point about Zlatan personally he was on the pitch for the entire match, is the striker and didn't score himself.

Like I said above, I think it's only part of the quote that they took. Again I didn't hear everything he said post game, but it sounds like he was talking about the whole team not just Mata. Stil probably not that smart but I think it's still somewhat out of context.

Seeing it from other sources now I think it's pretty clear what his quote was and at the end of the day he shouldn't have singled out Mata publicly like that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm not really criticizing him much, but to your point about Zlatan personally he was on the pitch for the entire match, is the striker and didn't score himself.

He didn't even have any real chances.

His closest thing was his shot from about 25 yards out that he duffed a little and it rolled softly to the keeper.

He did set up Pogba for what should have been a goal, but generally wasn't great.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
He kicked him in the damn knee nowhere near the ball, straight up side-swipe. Definitely should have been a red and a suspension for a few games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Clear red for me also. No intent to go after the ball...just a disgusting tackle.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He didn't even have any real chances.

His closest thing was his shot from about 25 yards out that he duffed a little and it rolled softly to the keeper.

He did set up Pogba for what should have been a goal, but generally wasn't great.

Then he should create some chances. At the end of the day the fact remains that he was on the pitch a lot longer and regardless of that or anything else he shouldn't have made the comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->