GWT: English Premier League - 1/31 - 2/1

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Liverpool the much more positive side from the sound of it.

I will take a point to round off Liverpool's worst month under Klopp.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Chelsea is just on another level defensively compared to the other teams.

Not a terrible result but with the Situation Liverpool are in they really could need a win today

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Clement has already won more matches than Bob Bradley in half the matches, Swansea out of the relegation zone, Allardyce picks up his first league win for Palace

Burnley in the top half of the table

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal :laugh:

Good day for Chelsea, although a win would have been even better. A win or draw against Arsenal next week and they should be in good shape for the title.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Thought a draw was a fair result in the Chelsea/Liverpool game, Luiz with the cheekiest free kick i've seen for a while. Mignolet made a good save on the penalty, I don't watch them play a lot bu a Liverpool supporting friend of mine reckons he's pretty good at guessing what way to dive.

And i'll reiterate what the posters above me have said.. Arsenal..

giphy.gif

I'd feel like i'm in a recurring nightmare if i supported them

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Depending on the circumstances, they're acceptable.

If the club you support is content with being mediocre, sure. Or if you are a division 2 side playing Barcelona, sure. Or if a draw is all you need to advance, sure.

But for a club aiming to finish top 4, and who has a core in place that they hope will one day allow them to win a league title, and who refuses to buy anyone either out of arrogance or cheapness or both, it is simply unacceptable to become the new standard.

No Liverpool fan should be happy right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If the club you support is content with being mediocre, sure. Or if you are a division 2 side playing Barcelona, sure. Or if a draw is all you need to advance, sure.

But for a club aiming to finish top 4, and who has a core in place that they hope will one day allow them to win a league title, and who refuses to buy anyone either out of arrogance or cheapness or both, it is simply unacceptable to become the new standard.

No Liverpool fan should be happy right now.

I'm not saying they should be happy, but you can still win titles by drawing against the big clubs and winning the others. You'll still need to win some of the games against the big clubs, but they got 4 points against Chelsea and Chelsea collected just 1 in those games. Sure, getting 6 and Chelsea having none would be better, but a net gain against the leaders puts them in a good position. Fans should be more upset at dropping points against weaker sides.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOL, I saw the Firmino miss live and I thought to myself that Ellen would have had a better chance of dating a guy than Firmino practicing his finishing skills. :sarcasm:

Arsenal lost and NBCSN pundits said it best that Wenger has lost the plot mentality. It has always been his biggest and most critical aspect for fans including me. Also Gabriel sucks as a fullback, don't know what Wenger thought of playing him as one, I would rather have had Gibbs on the field even playing a game two days prior. Perez was really unfortunate to hitting the crossbar with that shot, would have went in 9 out of the 10 other times.

Also I never want to see Aaron Ramsey play another match for us. For the love of God Barca buy him. ****.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LOL, I saw the Firmino miss live and I thought to myself that Ellen would have had a better chance of dating a guy than Firmino practicing his finishing skills. :sarcasm:

Arsenal lost and NBCSN pundits said it best that Wenger has lost the plot mentality. It has always been his biggest and most critical aspect for fans including me. Also Gabriel sucks as a fullback, don't know what Wenger thought of playing him as one, I would rather have had Gibbs on the field even playing a game two days prior. Perez was really unfortunate to hitting the crossbar with that shot, would have went in 9 out of the 10 other times.

Also I never want to see Aaron Ramsey play another match for us. For the love of God Barca buy him. ****.

Firmino scored two last week. He just needs to rest. He is really running on fumes. He can still press but you can tell he is out of it with the ball ar his feet. I hope he sits vs Hull next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad