GWT: English Premier League: 1/12 - 1/13/2016

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
something of a gap is starting to form with the top three and the rest, the Spurs title talk should be put to rest, their focus should simply be on top 4. Starting to really think Leicester will be in the top four at the end of the season, if they not certainly a EL spot, don't think they will fall too drastically

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If I was Liverpool manager I think I would have subbed Mignolet after that second out of pure rage

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
- Mignolet deserved red + pen for is silly foul
- Mertesacker is an absolute clown
- Flamini and Ramsey are horrid CM lol
- Monreal is the best LB in the BPL at the moment...absolute MONSTER
- Cech had a rough night
- Pool played good stuff. CB-GK are horrendous lol

Happy that Chelsea and ****** draw. 1 pts without any real CM is good.

Also Chamberlain is uselesssss

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
- Monreal is the best LB in the BPL at the moment...absolute MONSTER

Has he been that good? I thought I read something along the lines of him going back to Athletic Club, last summer but nothing materialized.

I thought Bellerin was one of the best players today, attacking wise.

Can was shocking, he passing was dreadful. As was Ibe but for different reasons.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Joe Allen is underrated. He should be starting. Has been our best midfielder under Klopp.

Mignolet, Can and Moreno were awful. Sakho wasn't great either.

Firmino, Hendo and Kolo were great. Lallana, Ibe and Milner had their moments.

Mignolet absolutely has to go.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can is a strange case. I see the player there and at times he's an absolute diesel but...he then makes one really bad decision and from that point on everything goes off the boil. Part of being a 22 year old I suppose but it can be very annoying. His rampant giving away of the ball in the second half was a large reason why this result couldn't have been better.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep he's young and erratic but the talent is there. He shouldn't be starting over Allen right now though. He should be rotating and playing cup games.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal essentially have to do **** all. Mignolet gave them two goals and they should either be able to craft another or Mignolet will give them a third.
Mignolet was bad, but jokes of Arteta and Flamini covering Allen and he still scores. I thought both teams defense was beyond piss poor, probably would have been a 1-1 draw on another night. Having to watch Mertesacker today is like all the Avs fans having to watch Guenin on a nightly basis, just awful. Playing him this many minutes should be a fireable offence for Wenger, while buying zero players the last summer window. For all the complaining about Mignolet being the reason why Liverpool got scored on, it works the same way with Mert on the other side. And to be honest, Liverpool isn't a very good side with a below average defensive line. If Arsenal were more impactful, Arsenal could have scored 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

I disagree with NBCSN and UK about this game being a "thriller", I thought it was quite boring in the first half. Saw goals basically come from nothing due to the piss poor defensive effort I mentioned about before than amazing offensive ability. Beautiful goal by Firmino though. Second half was great, but Arsenal decided to hide in their shell from 65th minute onward.

Joel Campbell needs to stay in the XI going forward. Not a single flaw in his game. Work rate going back really helps too.
Agreed. I still think he struggles and has zero idea what to do in the box, but everywhere else, he's great, especially his defensive ability.

Has he been that good? I thought I read something along the lines of him going back to Athletic Club, last summer but nothing materialized.

I thought Bellerin was one of the best players today, attacking wise.

Can was shocking, he passing was dreadful. As was Ibe but for different reasons.
Monreal has been freakin' awesome. His offensive threat has kind of dropped compared to last season, but you can tell today that he reads the play and puts players in position for the break. Bellerin was superb today, but I think he was even better last season for his form. This year it has sort of been a sophomore slump trying to find consistency. He's still really underdeveloped when it comes to reading the play defensively.

The Bilbao rumours were complete **** to begin with. He was NEVER ever going to transfer after the season he had in 2015-16. Thankfully he signed a contract extension for I believe another three years.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Joe Allen is underrated. He should be starting. Has been our best midfielder under Klopp.

Mignolet, Can and Moreno were awful. Sakho wasn't great either.

Firmino, Hendo and Kolo were great. Lallana, Ibe and Milner had their moments.

Mignolet absolutely has to go.

Agreed on Allen. Wouldn't mind him starting in place of Can against United. Was Sakho healthy? He didn't seem fit to me.

What a difference Hendo makes on this team. They look completely different when he's in the line up.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think Can was that bad. He had some elements that were shaky, but he did ok. I think his problem is he flatters to deceive a bit. He can do so much more but the consistency is not there. He's never a 6/7 kinda player. It's a 5 or an 8.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea's result today was undeserved. Two perfect strikes and ****** reffing.

Chelsea deserved three.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool played pretty well considering who is fit. That's a shambles of a defensive effort but a lot of players gutting it out today. Ibe, Sakho, Henderson all really toughed it out. I still don't know that Benteke fits what they want to do. They need to use Milner as a spare part at this stage, and a winger is a requirement.

I might have liked to see Ojo get a minute or so after his play in the FA Cup

There's a reason Firmino was worth what they paid. He's inconsistent and still finding his place, but he has quality. It's a difficult situation is he's a bit in between a striker and a midfielder, but his talent is without doubt. It's just finding it weekly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Agreed on Allen. Wouldn't mind him starting in place of Can against United. Was Sakho healthy? He didn't seem fit to me.

What a difference Hendo makes on this team. They look completely different when he's in the line up.

I was very unhappy that they played Sakho. He clearly isn't 100%. I would have saved him for United.

I think the XI vs United will be very similar to what we saw today

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
How does Mertesacker manage to dress himself? The guy can't do anything right. It's freaking crazy.

He brng leadership....but I prefer Gabriel 10x times

Flamini being there is like playing 10 vs 11...

0 interception
0 speed
10 dirty tackles
Absolute useless ****

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Benteke played great when he came on and was the reason we scored the equalizer and was involved in some other close attacks as well. Kind of a weird game to pick him out of to say he doesn't fit.

Henderson was immense. He really was everywhere in this game and played some really dangerous balls (including the one that Benteke knocked down for Allen to score the equalizer).

For the United game I'd like to see Smith replace Moreno, Lucas replace Milner and Allen replace Can as starters. Maybe have someone start over Ibe if he's not 100% yet, and maybe Caulker over Sakho if he's still unfit.

Also yeah definitely Firmino has great quality and it was obvious in this game. His first touch is really amazing.

Last edited:

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
When you have to play kolo and non 100% sahko, it's hard to fault liverpools back line for being so porous last night.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
CYshLGgWcAAUqXt.jpg

Deserved. What a turn around for him this season and great to see him with the mental fortitude to rise above the haters and show some really great form for Liverpool. Long may it continue. Glad he got some recognition for it especially since it's a fan vote; he's been better than any other Liverpool CB this season despite the mancrush people seem to have on Sakho.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
CYshLGgWcAAUqXt.jpg

Deserved. What a turn around for him this season and great to see him with the mental fortitude to rise above the haters and show some really great form for Liverpool. Long may it continue. Glad he got some recognition for it especially since it's a fan vote; he's been better than any other Liverpool CB this season despite the mancrush people seem to have on Sakho.

Quite a lot of celebration since Klopp has arrived...

Celebrating Draw, player of the month etc...

Mid-table club mentality:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad