Enforcers who weren't good fighters?

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Didn't you claim that even the best enforcers occasionally lose fights? Just because Riley Cote handled McGrattan once does not necessarily mean that he was a good fighter. Cote lost the majority of his fights, and he was Donald Brashear's personal punching-bag.

cote loss a lot of his fight but every of his fight was good?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
kelly buchberger was a pretty bad fighter from what i remember

same with jeff odgers

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
same if cote win% was not great, he have win vs 2 top 5 of 00s he deserve some respect for this

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
same if cote win% was not great, he have win vs 2 top 5 of 00s he deserve some respect for this

That doesn't take away from that fact that he was average at best his first year (which those two wins came in) & flat out terrible in his other two years.

Stop being a homer man, Cote definitely deserves to be mentioned in this thread. I also think you're the only Flyers fan that actually liked Cote. :laugh:

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
That doesn't take away from that fact that he was average at best his first year (which those two wins came in) & flat out terrible in his other two years.

Stop being a homer man, Cote definitely deserves to be mentioned in this thread. I also think you're the only Flyers fan that actually liked Cote. :laugh:

are you serious?most of the flyers fans was a fan of cote
:laugh: you never liked every enforcer or fighter of the flyers :cote,shelley,walker and now rosehill.
you think rinaldo is a enforcer lol :help::facepalm:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
are you serious?most of the flyers fans was a fan of cote
:laugh: you never liked every enforcer or fighter of the flyers :cote,shelley,walker and now rosehill.
you think rinaldo is a enforcer lol :help::facepalm:

I was a Brashear fan, a guy who was actually efficient at his job when employed by the Flyers & I like Rinaldo too, I think he's a quality 4th liner & nobody would ever confuse him for an enforcer.

Cote & Shelley both sucked at hockey & weren't good enforcers here (I'm aware Shelley was once the better ones in the league but he was past his prime with the Flyers). Walker was a decent fighter but sucked at hockey & Rosehill sucks at hockey but is a good heavyweight.

I mostly hated those guys above for other reasons than fighting but Cote & Shelley weren't good enforcers when they were with the Flyers.

Last edited:

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Did Post #35 say Ray? Rob Ray? Yeah, I don't think so. He dropped them with everyone and there weren't a lot of guys that I would say regularly beat Tie Domi, but he was one of them. Maybe the only one. Ray does not belong in this discussion at all. At all.

Ray, once he had to keep his jersey on, belongs in the conversation.

I'll add Craig Coxe. The guy was a gamer, and as entertaining as hell. He fought and lost to all the big names from the mid-80's to the early 90's. All offence and no defence... man, would he get rocked. But at least, he'd go down swingin'.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Didn't you claim that even the best enforcers occasionally lose fights? Just because Riley Cote handled McGrattan once does not necessarily mean that he was a good fighter. Cote lost the majority of his fights, and he was Donald Brashear's personal punching-bag.

laraque's too when he was with the pens.

i thought he head came flying off in one fight when cote's helmet came flying off

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Aside from winning a fight with Probert, I think Chris Tamer's fight report card has a lot of losses and draws.

he was more of a defnesive fighter that held on.

i wouldnt say he lost most of his fights. usually pretty even. he was also a beanpole compared to some of the guys he fought

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was a Brashear fan, a guy who was actually efficient at his job when employed by the Flyers & I like Rinaldo too, I think he's a quality 4th liner & nobody would ever confuse him for an enforcer.

Cote & Shelley both sucked at hockey & weren't good enforcers here (I'm aware Shelley was once the better ones in the league but he was past his prime with the Flyers). Walker was a decent fighter but sucked at hockey & Rosehill sucks at hockey but is a good heavyweight.

I mostly hated those guys above for other reasons than fighting but Cote & Shelley weren't good enforcers when they were with the Flyers.

Nobody liked Cote as a player. Less hockey skill than a washed up Shelley, and fought as well as an old punching bag.

Off the ice he seemed legit, but on...awful. He has to be the first Cote fan I can recall encountering anywhere.

Trognitz

Jul 12, 2011
Silas Barnaby has to be #1 all time.

Eric Boulton.

Purinton was a good fighter. He just happened to also cheat.

Boulton is currently a top 5 NHL heavyweight

Purinton is an average fighter and dirty as schit.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013

fedoruk was better

rinaldo is a good fighter for his size but he need to have rosehill with him

shelley have 20 fights with the flyers he only loss 4 times ...

walker was a good d-man

rosehill is a good 4th liner

i agree, sestito is not really good fighter

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Boulton is currently a top 5 NHL heavyweight

Like Boulton a lot, but definitely not top 5 -

Top 5 currently, in no particular order -

John Scott
Patrick Bordeleau
Brian McGrattan
Colton Orr
Frazer McLaren

Steve MacIntyre, if he ever makes it back to play again, would then make it a top 6

All of these guys are super heavys, along with Kassian & Parros. Boulton would be in the next tier along with Thornton.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I think what really made Barnaby more annoying to other teams was the fact that no matter how hard you punched him he would still give you that ****ing smile and keep chirping heh

LOL I remember that clip where Barnaby was getting tagged over and over and inbetween he would just smile and nod at the guy like oh yeah. :nod:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
fedoruk was better

walker was a good d-man

No.

No he doesn't, Rosehill should only be in the lineup against teams like Toronto & Boston.

No, he was 7-6-7 as a Flyer. Not exactly great but he was towards the tail end of his career.

No.

No.

Yes.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
fedoruk was better

walker was a good d-man

Walker was a horrible defenseman, and Rosehill is not a good 4th liner.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
churla could fight.

was over matched a lot cause he as smaller then other goons

Churla had big brass balls, but my mental image of him is always going to be Shawn Antoski hitting him so hard in the eye that his fist seemed to come out the back of Churla's head.

Can't find a google image of what the aftermath of this fight looked like, but Churla's face was absolutely disgusting.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Yet Raffl remains the better overall player.

Do you think Rosehill is as good as Couturier?

same if couturier dont score a lot of goal he can help the team to win, he play a great defense every game

raffl have no goal, he cant fight,cant hit he bring nothing to this team. the flyers have only 1loss since he is not in the line up. i take rosehill,newbury,mathers over him everytime

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Churla had big brass balls, but my mental image of him is always going to be Shawn Antoski hitting him so hard in the eye that his fist seemed to come out the back of Churla's head.

Can't find a google image of what the aftermath of this fight looked like, but Churla's face was absolutely disgusting.

Grimson messed him up pretty good as well when Churla was a Ranger - hit him and knew he messed him up and looked to the linesmen to jump in and when they didn't right away, he just stopped hitting him and waited for them to get there. Stu was always straight-up and honest like that............I remember Churla was yelling at him for stopping but Chainsaw was messed up bad from that fight.........think he was upset that another fighter took pity on him? I think that was Churla's last season if my memory serves me?

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Nobody liked Cote as a player. Less hockey skill than a washed up Shelley, and fought as well as an old punching bag.

Off the ice he seemed legit, but on...awful. He has to be the first Cote fan I can recall encountering anywhere.

On 3-28-2009, cote vs rechlicz. Sums him up . I can't load it sorry .if anyone can great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->