Enforcers who weren't good fighters?

BudMovin*

Matthew Barnaby comes to mind. Not sure if he was "hired" as an enforcer but he certainly had a lot of fights.

I always thought of him more as a pest who was actually willing to answer the bell.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I always thought of him more as a pest who was actually willing to answer the bell.

I think what really made Barnaby more annoying to other teams was the fact that no matter how hard you punched him he would still give you that ****ing smile and keep chirping heh

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
FWIW, Barnaby was that way though and through.

I knew a guy who played ball hockey against him one summer and Barnaby would chirp guys like: "Hey, you have to go work at McDonald's tomorrow and I'm in the NHL."

What a tool.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I just got reminded of Jeff Cowan's existence.

He was claimed off waivers by the Canucks in the 2006-2007 season, and was promptly miscast as the team's tough guy. He got in 19 fights over the next season and a half, and was credited in wins in 3 of them.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I have never seen zenon konopka win a fight. With all his Pims one would think he would be better.
He kinda holds on . I think his arms must be shorter than most. At least when it comes to picking up a tab. Seriously when has he pounded his opponent?

tikkanen5rings*

I have never seen zenon konopka win a fight. With all his Pims one would think he would be better.
He kinda holds on . I think his arms must be shorter than most. At least when it comes to picking up a tab. Seriously when has he pounded his opponent?

Well he is a middle weight going against heavy weight's.
I'd say he is doing a pretty good job at that while actually being an asset in the game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Riley Cote's another good one but I will say his unwillingness to ever fight a defensive fight supplied some great bouts over his career.

Tom Sestito is probably the best example of a current player.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Steve McKenna should be a frontrunner for worst pound for pound fighter. Dude was 6'8" and 260 lbs but very far from a feared fighter.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Cote wasn't a good fighter, he had a great chin, though.

He should've been knocked out a ton of times and he'd just keep going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad