Enforcer to Edmonton?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Power forward or stay at home defenceman....or both? Keep Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse and Bouchard. The team has assets and injuries happen.

Gudbranson? Manson? Ferland? S.Morin? S.Jones? M.Jones? Haula? J.Anderson?.....Bowen Byram at the draft. A few other options.

At the same time if we add another young gun with talent that is another talent Lucic has to take care of. Adding another player with

Another is Joel Edmundson. Go for Joel.

Add 1-3 or 2-3.

What did they say about management?

Listen to the crowd. When you have a power forward or winger that gets the crowd going it's called momentum. This team was poor in the 90's in early 2k. Laraque winning fights was very entertaining for some fans and in Edmonton Alberta people like hockey.

Laraque was effective in the playoffs as well. He even got pp minutes in front of the net.

Laraque was a menace on Hatcher and the Stars in the playoffs.

90's had a few enforcers with scoring high as well. People paid to watch in the popular markets.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Definitely not. We have enough already.

I wouldn't mind a power forward, but that's completely different from an enforcer.

Reactions: ujju2

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
This team needs skill injected into the wings of the top6 and a player like Bouchard (reaching his peak) to run the PP.

I think this team with just SKILL added into the wings of the Top6 makes the playoffs.

EDIT: Oh and apparently a goalie lol

??? - Mcdavid - ???
RNH - Draisaitl - ???

** Fill in the blanks with 20g & 50 point wingers = Playoffs.

That's 160+ goals in our top 6 and we currently have 206 for the season for the WHOLE TEAM.

To break it down that would mean our top 6 would produce 2+ goals a game on their own and would only need 1 more goal a game between the rest of the team including the defense to have your 3+ goals a game... and with 3 goals a game you should win way more games then you lose.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
We straight-up have the toughest lineup in the NHL. Even if you avoid our $6M boat anchor, you’ve still got Kassian, Khaira, and “Beat his a$S” Nurse to deal with. Our smaller guys are better protected than just about anywhere else. An enforcer is the last thing we need, even if that type of player wasnt vastly outdated. How about some wingers with speed, enough skill to make a play, and enough jam to go to the blue paint. That’ll do more for the team than having Looch get jersey jabbed for a minute and a half by some nobody with the Capitals.

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I think I see what you're trying to do. Have McDavid, Draisaitl and have the rest of the team as enforcers.
If we can't win the game, let's make sure that every team that plays us is black and blue at the end of night.
Beat them until they don't want to make plays and let Mcdrai waltz in and score goals.

I dunno though, kinda unbalances the team, ya'know.

Last edited:

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
JFC this place.
We need an enforcer?
**** off.

edit: it's at least encouraging to see that nobody agrees with this sentiment.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Look at the hype from past games? Kassian will be done, Lucic will help our with another physical defenceman or forward as he isn't going to magically disappear.

Like many stated we need a little more action from the 3rd and 4th line like every championship team.

We just need stay another stay at home defenceman(I said stay at home) or power forward who can play.

Kassian's fight last night was pretty decent, and last I checked he's still on the team next year.

Gone are the days of the "true enforcer". We need guys who can play hockey. If they are strong enough to stick up for their teammates, that's a bonus, but not the priority.

Championship teams have 3rd or 4th lines that can outscore their counterparts, not beat them up. How often do you even see a fight in the playoffs anymore.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Why is Kassian done?

We also have Khaira, Lucic and Nurse that will fight.

Not sure why we need another

Ya there isn’t a team in the league that can match our fighting. Adding another fighter isn’t going to change anything. We’ve got 4 guys that can hang with anyone in the league and a bunch of guys who will drop em when needed (Benning, Gags, Larsson, etc). We need skill up front

Reactions: bone

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Yes, more slow, talentless meatheads is exactly what this team needs. Fact is, we need more players like Reider! ........lol

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Polei is a guy that could maybe be a 4th liner here.

Thing is, if we fix our top 9, we’ve already got a really strong 4th line in

Khaira - Brodziak/Cave - Kassian

We don’t need a 4th liner who might be able to cut it. We need skill so those guys already in the lineup aren’t playing higher up.

Drai - Connor - XXXX
XXXX - Nuge - XXXX
Lucic - XXXX - Gags

Reactions: ujju2

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Going back to the original concept of this post. Who in this day in age would actually qualify as an “enforcer”. I don’t think the position even exists in the NHL anymore.

No one in the league this year has more than 6 fighting majors. I don’t see this list as showing what we call the traditional enforcer.

2018-19 NHL Hockey Stats and League Leaders - Major Penalties - National Hockey League - ESPN

And looking at team stats, I’m not seeing any correlation between fighting majors and team success.

National Hockey League Team Fighting Major Leaders for the 2018-2019 Regular Season

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Thing is, if we fix our top 9, we’ve already got a really strong 4th line in

Khaira - Brodziak/Cave - Kassian

We don’t need a 4th liner who might be able to cut it. We need skill so those guys already in the lineup aren’t playing higher up.

Drai - Connor - XXXX
XXXX - Nuge - XXXX
Lucic - XXXX - Gags

I wonder where Currie would fit - I'd like to see him with the big club next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad