End of Year Gear Sale

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone knew when the end of year gear sale is being held?

While i'm very certain I'm not fitting into Cory or Luongo's leg pads or chesty's, maybe grabbing a glove/blocker set from them may be worthwhile. Let alone a jersey.

Anyone know?

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
Maybe even some crazy fan boys.

:naughty:

It's not too bad, you stay away from the stuff like skates, helmets and jocks.

Everything else is easily cleaned, never really touches any "hot" areas so to speak and are actually worthwhile in picking up. From a collector's point of view and even a practical beer leaguers point of view.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
There is nothing wrong with used hockey gear, in general. I have purchased some great smelling (i don't know how they do it) used pieces. Bought a pair of shoulder pads, they smelled very clean and were very clean. Got some Eagle PPFs and they looked and smelled like new for $50 used at Sport Junkies. It really depends on who used them previously and how well they care for their stuff. There is always a few people with the grossiest smelling stuff on your team. The smell just permeates every inch of fresh air and contaminates it. Those are just awful.

Some of the stuff at the equipment sale is like this, especially the gloves that are well worn, with gauges on the top and shredded palms. Awful, i wonder who buys this stuff. The best items i think are the brand new or used once gloves that have custom protection. Also the sticks are not a bad deal either. But prices seem to be rising in the past 3 years. :S

The sale is generally in June, well it was last year. CDC usually posts something about it discretely on their website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad