Post-Game Talk: End of the Season Press Conference + Exit Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'd be surprised if there was less than 5 injuries that probably would have prevented playing in the regular season.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Compacted schedule. Lot more wear and tear.
Lack of quality depth means top guys not only play more, but they are forced into defending more. Crappy bottom six and non puck moving D get trapped often in their own end. They either get a face off in their own end (our top guys now start their shift in their own zone) or they dump the puck out and change (our top guys start without the puck and defending). Defending is always harder on the body than attacking.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
When you play the way the Canucks do, you get injured! We seen it with the 2011 team as well. Canucks have zero forecheck, teams playing the Canucks don’t have to worry about getting worn down as we don’t play very physical, which keeps them healthy but injuries happen to us. Canucks need to redo the bottom 6 with guys who can actually forecheck!

Love

Feb 29, 2012
When you play the way the Canucks do, you get injured! We seen it with the 2011 team as well. Canucks have zero forecheck, teams playing the Canucks don’t have to worry about getting worn down as we don’t play very physical, which keeps them healthy but injuries happen to us. Canucks need to redo the bottom 6 with guys who can actually forecheck!

And because we get outshot every single night we’re blocking way more shots than we should be which creates even more injuries

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Waiting to hear what Sutter was playing through. Wouldn’t surprise me if he actually died at some point during training camp and that we have actually just been watching the ghost of Sutter play.

i think it’s like the movie adaptation. in the elimination games against minny and st louis, he was replaced by his identical twin brother, who tries hard and is good at hockey. the ron to his rich if you will.

but then brendan sutter died in a tractor accident so we had to use brandon in the elimination games against vegas.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He looked lazy and disinterested. I hope he was injured to explain his terrible comeback.

I really don’t see this. His first game back from the shoulder injury was rough, but I thought other than that he had a strong playoff (to ride the back of a strong season). The heaps of criticism he receives here are unwarranted, IMO.

But anyway - I agree he was probably still playing through some discomfort at the end.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Myers ' shoulder was clearly still injured. He went down mid - series at some point and clearly was favouring it. His physical play from the first two rounds (where despite the often undeserved penalties, he was quite nasty out there) simply disappeared after his return.

Reactions: David71

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i didn't like seeing motte come back in the third. i really really don't want to find out now that he's having any concussion issues, because that could possibly add gasoline to his ongoing battle with mental health.

but i just don't trust our medical staff. there was some discussion on a podcast i listened to this week (drance on 1040?) about markstrom getting hurt in game 2 and wondering why in the world they then started him both games of the back-to-back 3 and 4.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
i didn't like seeing motte come back in the third. i really really don't want to find out now that he's having any concussion issues, because that could possibly add gasoline to his ongoing battle with mental health.

but i just don't trust our medical staff. there was some discussion on a podcast i listened to this week (drance on 1040?) about markstrom getting hurt in game 2 and wondering why in the world they then started him both games of the back-to-back 3 and 4.

If you go back and watch Game 2 there was 100% a play that Markstrom looked laboured after. It was a slot shot that looked like it was going glove and got deflected. Markstrom was moving to his glove and had to react to the blocker quickly. He got a piece but you could tell without a doubt something happened. It may not have been serious but it was noticeable. I wish I could remember the shooter...I think Theodore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad