End of Game Yes Chant

Isles Drive For 5

Aug 20, 2014
I went to both the Columbus, and Montreal games last weeks. Anybody notice how at the end of the game, the public address announcer has been ruining the Yes, Yes, Yea chant? Right when the team gets to center ice, the public address announcer goes “Your final score ..........”. All of the fans are ready to go Yes, Yes, Yes, but the announcement interrupts it. Then, by the time the announcer is done stating the final score, the Isles are already skating off the ice. I’m hoping someone from the team reads this, and tells the public address announcer to not make that statement at that time. I’ve really come to appreciate the celebratory yes chant at the end of the game.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
By that time I’ve already knocked down a pregnant lady and an old man with a walker making a bee line to the parking lot to GTFO of Dodge, so I’m going to sit this protest out.
You savage!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
By that time I’ve already knocked down a pregnant lady and an old man with a walker making a bee line to the parking lot to GTFO of Dodge, so I’m going to sit this protest out.

giphy.gif

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I went to both the Columbus, and Montreal games last weeks. Anybody notice how at the end of the game, the public address announcer has been ruining the Yes, Yes, Yea chant? Right when the team gets to center ice, the public address announcer goes “Your final score ..........”. All of the fans are ready to go Yes, Yes, Yes, but the announcement interrupts it. Then, by the time the announcer is done stating the final score, the Isles are already skating off the ice. I’m hoping someone from the team reads this, and tells the public address announcer to not make that statement at that time. I’ve really come to appreciate the celebratory yes chant at the end of the game.
Maybe they’re trying to phase it out and he’s doing it on purpose in an effort to kill the chant.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I like the chant. If fans grow tired of it, then it will phase itself out. If they don't. then it should stay a part. I like that it has become something unique to the Isles fans within the NHL. Doesn't hurt anyone and it is a lot of fun and it's loud. Most you can ask for.

Edit: With that in mind, don't give a crap about the end of game chant. I like it for the goals, don't think it is necessary or even worth it at the end of games.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
It wouldn’t bother me if it went away at the end of games.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

LOL So you're the other guy sprinting through the parking lot

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I like the chant. If fans grow tired of it, then it will phase itself out. If they don't. then it should stay a part. I like that it has become something unique to the Isles fans within the NHL. Doesn't hurt anyone and it is a lot of fun and it's loud. Most you can ask for.

Edit: With that in mind, don't give a crap about the end of game chant. I like it for the goals, don't think it is necessary or even worth it at the end of games.

I'll add that I don't like that the team has picked up on it and has tried to make it their own thing. Don't put it on the board, don't put it on shirts, just let the fans do their thing if they want to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad