End of an era!

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think they'll roll into the next season with most of the same old garbage we had this year. Aquilini is going to put an immeasurable amount of pressure on Gillis to make major changes...book it.

That is, if he doesn't fire him.

4th line energy guy

Jul 8, 2010
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think they'll roll into the next season with most of the same old garbage we had this year. Aquilini is going to put an immeasurable amount of pressure on Gillis to make major changes...book it.

That is, if he doesn't fire him.

How? You think Daniel and Henrik are moveable? Who is moveable for fair value? Schneider, Tanev and Corrado probably start and end that list.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Same old garbage, insufferable fans. Do you even read before you post?

Yes I do. Are you happy with being eliminated from the playoffs in the first round two years in a row, winning a combined 1 playoff game during that period? Because if you are then I can understand your point. Otherwise what are you calling me out for??

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Yes I do. Are you happy with being eliminated from the playoffs in the first round two years in a row, winning a combined 1 playoff game during that period? Because if you are then I can understand your point. Otherwise what are you calling me out for??

I don't think there needs to be a rebuild as some are emphatically suggesting. All I said was that AV needs to be fired and changes (yes, a bigger change than bottom six trash) needs to take place. NOT a rebuild. And that's my opinion. I don't care if you agree or disagree.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
I'd explore moving the Sedins to Florida for the 2nd overall pick. Hell I'd even hold back half their salary to make it work,

I've been pretty disappointed with them this series but come on, you don't dump your highest scoring players when you need offence.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Well, farewell to Vigneault and Luongo. You've given us seven great seasons, but now it's time to move on.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Edler for the best young top 6 forward possible.

Schneider for the best puck moving D possible.

Roll with Luongo going forward. Bring in some heart in the bottom 6(Torres Im looking at you)

I have no faith in Schneider, I dont know why everyone thinks this guy is so proven, he's proven **** all, never won a playoff game, cramps up his first chance to play, goes out in o.t his second chance, gets ''hurt'' and ***** the bed his third chance.

Burrows at 4 million I'd consider moving him for sure, Raymond... gogdbye!

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
This is a good thread. It was an amazing run, and I'm thankful to all the players and managements and coaches who made it happen.

And now, it's time for big, big change.

Yup.

Certainly a great run while it lasted. I'm open to more drastic changes than others (especially the Sedins) but am excited for a new roster and new coach next year.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
There will be some changes (Vigneault, Luongo, possibly Gillis and a trade or two) but man, what a ride this core has given us. The 2011 Run has given me some fond memories to cherish, watching the team win more often than not after enduring the seemingly endless losing of the late 90s, the hardware our players took home...it's been great.

Here's hoping we can reload and become dominant again quickly.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The team wasn't great but it's form was 4-0 bad, they should have won game 2. Game 3 and 4 were decided by the refs and all the SJ PPs.

Last edited:

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
There will be some changes (Vigneault, Luongo, possibly Gillis and a trade or two) but man, what a ride this core has given us. The 2011 Run has given me some fond memories to cherish, watching the team win more often than not after enduring the seemingly endless losing of the late 90s, the hardware our players took home...it's been great.

Really wanted to see this team lift the Cup.

****ing depressing

Outside99*

Yup, its over. Best consecutive 5 years since I've followed the canucks 20+ years ago.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
It's hardly the end. Just a stepping stone to a new one.

Changes happen. Change is good. All hail whoever our new coach is (provided it's not Brown/Bowness).

GhostofRichardPark

Jun 19, 2011
Victoria
Edler for the best young top 6 forward possible.

Schneider for the best puck moving D possible.

Roll with Luongo going forward.

I don't mind the sound of that at all but I just don't think Luongo will agree to stay after everything the fans and media has put him through these last couple of seasons. He had an incredible run in Vancouver but I think it's time to part ways so he can hopefully rejuvenate his career with another team.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

that'll be quite awhile IMO. put some elc players in. sedins=2nd liners. find a new 1st lineup. 2011 was fun. maybe the nucks need to be at the bottom of the standings to get a grip. sooo many chances but always get the short end of the stick

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Nope. This summer will decide if it is or not. I think with a little but impacting changes this team could get back on track. First of all Av and or Mike Gillis need to go. Our pp guy needs to get canned as well.

Booth and Ballard traded for picks, if not then buy them out

Luongo/Bieksa + need to be traded for a legit top 6 winger or picks not necessarily in one trade though

Sign Lapierre, Weise, Pinnizotto, Sestito for close to what they are getting right now or they can get the boot.

Re-sign Schroeder to be our 3rd C. Sign Tanev for about $1.5-2 million.

So it'll look something like this

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) or Hansen / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / xxxxxxxxxx
Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) or Higgy/ Jordan Schroeder ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Steve Pinizzotto ($0.750m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.100m) / Dale Weise ($0.950m)
Tom Sestito ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($1.600m)
xxxxxxxxx / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) /
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
OTHER
Buyout: David Booth ($0.000m)
Buyout: Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,277,778; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,022,222

This is with Luongo and Bieksa so if you take them out it gives us $11,000,000 in cap space. The top six winger lets say comes with a $ 5,000,000 cap hit which leaves us with $6,000,000. That can be used to sign another third liner (lets say around $ 2,000,000) and another defenceman (around $ 2,000,000). Then sign a couple depth dmen and forwards.

Not too mention, I think I'm being generous with some of the contracts the fourth liners and Alberts have.

The question is who will be our gm, coach, players that we acquire? moves we make etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad